Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

State by State Mushroom Growing Penalty's (where to find)

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 gyva

gyva

Knotty Lockin Love

• Expired Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 09:07 PM

Looking for an up to date site that compiles all the state laws concerning the cultivation of psilocybin mushrooms.

Also if anyone could give me the less harsh states if you know them off the top of your head that would be great. thanks. Any other info is appreciated.

(long time no be here hip, Looks like your site is doing well!)

Gyva...

#2 Set

Set

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 122 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:42 PM

I think the less harsh states include Canada, Mexico, probably Amsterdam...

er...

As far as I know it's a federal law there, so the states aren't as large a factor. But I'd still bet the "less harsh" states would include California, Oregon, and Colorado... left leaning states, ones that have expressed issues against the drug war as it stands.

So I dunno, apparently. Hope someone else can be more enlightening for you.

#3 Dank Side Of The Shroom

Dank Side Of The Shroom

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:47 PM

california is one the harshest with shrooms. even spores are illegal there.

#4 bluefungis182

bluefungis182

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 140 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 01:13 AM

funny florida's the opposite

#5 Set

Set

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 10:46 AM

california is one the harshest with shrooms. even spores are illegal there.

That's true, I had heard about that. And in some states it's illegal for them to grow naturally on your laws. That law has always made me want to place spores on law-makers and politicians lawns, and turn them in. :thumbdown:

Hopefully someone does know more or has a link to somewhere breaking this issue down. Hey OP, if you find more info please post it here too! Just 'cause I can't help doesn't mean I'm not curious. :rasta:

#6 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,759 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 July 2007 - 01:13 PM

think the less harsh states include Canada, Mexico, probably Amsterdam...

These are states now? I think you meant countries , right?

#7 PsilocibeJuggalo

PsilocibeJuggalo

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 182 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 01:21 PM

lil less chemicals guys...and you wonder why in "states" like Canada and mexico they are illegal...hahah:eusa_clap

#8 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 01:25 PM

such a list would be very difficult to keep accurate and up-to-date
and one would likely need to consult a prosecuting attorney
in each of the 50 american states to get the information,
as well as a federal prosecutor.
then you'd need to check back
after each session of the legislatures
as well as tracking various court decisions.

we do not offer such a list here any more
due to those difficulties
and the legal liability incurred
if we gave bogus legal advice,
not being licensed lawyers.
so
you're on your own in this regard.

#9 gyva

gyva

Knotty Lockin Love

• Expired Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 03:36 PM

Ya I guess it would be hard to keep a list, I was hoping for a link like NORML has for marijuana, which they list the penalty's state by state and is very easy to read... If they can do it with MJ I was hoping there was a mushroom site somewhere that could do it also...

But if I had to shrink it down to just a couple states. Anyone know about Oregon or Washington.... I guess my question would really be. Does anyone know of a state that you get off on a misdemeanor or even less harsh punishment for growing, just a ticket would be grand! ha ha... not likely I know.

Gyva...

#10 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 03:43 PM

problem is no state could ensure only a misdemeanor for cultivation
as federal law still applies within all states.
even if the state lets you off
the feds could still prosecute.

#11 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 11,678 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 July 2007 - 08:50 AM

These are states now? I think you meant countries , right?

I'm guessing the comment you are replying to was sarcasm. "State" can mean both a sovereign nation or a non-sovereign subnational political entity.

Seems to me that the places where psychedelics find more widespread use (California, Oregon, Washington, etc.) also end up prosecuting people more harshly for things like simple possession or cultivation of mushrooms. Partly it's because the establishment there is more familiar with them, I think, and there is a long-standing association with them and the counter-culture that the establishment isn't too fond of. But in other states (ironically the ones considered more draconian or harsh, i.e. "red" ones), mushroom busts are a rarity so the prosecutors are less familiar with them and they are a low priority, especially in the face of widespread meth manufacturing and use.

Still, if the prosecutor or judge are in a bad mood (no matter where) they can make any mushroom bust go very badly for the busted. At least a mushroom grower's op is a high-quality compost pile when it's finished and not a chemically contaminated hazmat site like a meth lab. That could be a fact worth mentioning, should the need arise, as there might be a gardener on your jury who could be convinced of your lack of threat to society (quite a stretch I admit, but if you're already in front of a jury then what do you have to lose?).

#12 Set

Set

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 122 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 09:53 PM

I'm guessing the comment you are replying to was sarcasm. "State" can mean both a sovereign nation or a non-sovereign subnational political entity.

It was pretty much meant to be irony. In that it's the federal law that will get you here, so you have to move to a 'state' in a different federal jurisdiction.

Seems to me that the places where psychedelics find more widespread use (California, Oregon, Washington, etc.) also end up prosecuting people more harshly for things like simple possession or cultivation of mushrooms.

Interesting thought. Quite potentially true too, it's very likely that the prosecution, if not the laws, will be harsher where the prosecutors and judges have more experience. But, you know, in those states you're more likely to get a sympathetic juror.

(Back to irony)
Probably the best state would be denial. Deny everything, you didn't do it, you didn't know anything about it, "it wasn't me", I don't care how nice anyone seems, never admit to anything, cast doubt whenever possible... never directly lie however... just deny.

#13 GoVols

GoVols

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 273 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 01:25 PM

Its all about how much you pay your lawyer.

Seriously.

I confesed to a felony (5 years at least if convicted), because I was young and drunk. NEVER TALK TO POLICE. Fortunatly, mom and dad forked out 20k for a top notch atorney and it was expunged after some probation and community service.

Lawyers write the laws as the old cliche goes. So when you give one a bunch of money, they take it easy on you.

#14 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 01:33 PM

not young forever,
second chances run out as one ages
but money spent on lawyer always good true

#15 syvel

syvel

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 225 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 07:27 PM

Actually, Cali's laws are stricter than the US on average - spores are banned.
But, enforcement is another question...

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!