22 replies to this topic

#1 smacked12

smacked12

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 221 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 10:38 AM

just a couple mescaline hcl shots.

this one is from my latest extraction, 1st pull.

http://mycotopia.net...=1&d=1184344609

this came from my last extraction. the jar of solvent had been sitting around for a month or so. it came out a lot nicer than i though it would. it actually has a pinkish hue to it.

http://mycotopia.net...=1&d=1184344609

Attached Thumbnails

• 1st.jpg
  • old.jpg

#2 Guest_vinz_*

Guest_vinz_*

Posted 13 July 2007 - 10:44 AM

nice :)
how much cacti did you work w?
whats the yeild?

i have some jars that are around 3 weeks also just settling there.. havnt washed it yet.. but when i added xylene again, the xylene layer didnt separate so well.. did this ever happen to you?

#3 smacked12

smacked12

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 221 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 10:51 AM

i'm processing just over a kilo. usually i split it between 4 one gallon jugs. this time it was a little thick so i went with 5.

the first pic is around 3 grams. i still have 3 pulls left so that number will go up. i expect between 10 and 12 total.

nice :)
i have some jars that are around 3 weeks also just settling there.. havnt washed it yet.. but when i added xylene again, the xylene layer didnt separate so well.. did this ever happen to you?

hmm, usually my first pull takes forever. the rest separate in minutes. did you add more base before adding the additional xylene? for a one gallon jug holding 250 grams i usually add an additional 75 grams of base between pulls.

you could try a hot water bath on your vessel. it may or maynot help.

#4 Caljet666

Caljet666

Dumbass

• Expired Member
  • 368 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 10:58 AM

Thats some of the cleanest lookin' mescaline swim has seen on this site. What extration did you utilize? Did you re-X-al?

Nice:eusa_clap

#5 Guest_vinz_*

Guest_vinz_*

Posted 13 July 2007 - 11:02 AM

the hot water bath didnt help heh
il give it a few more days to see if it will move or if it wont

that is really really clean mesc
some pointers or tips or secret methods would be good :)
where did you get your cacti?

#6 smacked12

smacked12

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 221 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 11:04 AM

Thats some of the cleanest lookin' mescaline swim has seen on this site. What extration did you utilize? Did you re-X-al?
Nice:eusa_clap

thanks.

i used my own take on foaf's tek.

the key is to use a minimal amount of acid in the salting stage. you could titrate but i've found 3.5mls in a gallon of distilled water to be a great ratio.

what you see was pulled, salted, dried and chopped. no wash, no recrystalazation.

#7 smacked12

smacked12

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 221 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 11:08 AM

the hot water bath didnt help heh
il give it a few more days to see if it will move or if it wont

that is really really clean mesc
some pointers or tips or secret methods would be good :)
where did you get your cacti?

have you tried adding more base?

the key to clean is in the salting stage. and, giving time for the proper separations.

the cacti was icaro's. i have no idea what dealer it came from. it was gifted to me by a friend.

#8 Caljet666

Caljet666

Dumbass

• Expired Member
  • 368 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 11:34 AM

Sorry to hassle ya with more Q's but....

HCl acid?

Do you dry you NP, say over baked epson salts, before you salt?

The reason for my asking is if your NP was not dried than it would contain a little water. If you used lye to base as well as HCl to salt then you would have NaCl (table salt) in there. Not much but a little.

HCl+NaOH --> H2O+NaCl

Swim has noticed that when getting mescaline of the purity you have achieved, you only need it a fraction more pure to make a huge difference in effect. Mescaline when it is pure, really pure, is the strongest drug swim has ever experienced, however, nearly pure mescaline is a far off.

Once again... Bonza effort man.

#9 smacked12

smacked12

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 221 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 11:47 AM

Sorry to hassle ya with more Q's but....

HCl acid?

Do you dry you NP, say over baked epson salts, before you salt?

The reason for my asking is if your NP was not dried than it would contain a little water. If you used lye to base as well as HCl to salt then you would have NaCl (table salt) in there. Not much but a little.

HCl+NaOH --> H2O+NaCl

Swim has noticed that when getting mescaline of the purity you have achieved, you only need it a fraction more pure to make a huge difference in effect. Mescaline when it is pure, really pure, is the strongest drug swim has ever experienced, however, nearly pure mescaline is a far off.

Once again... Bonza effort man.

hcl, yup.

nah, i don't bother drying my solvent. minimal acid, plenty of time for separation == minimal salt contam.

a flame test on the first pile produced a nice red flame(no salt). i didn't bother checking the second.

#10 bbd2

bbd2

eNtheogen psychonautical voyager navigator

• Free Member
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 04:57 PM

very nice. superb really...

how would one extracted product purer? other than acetone washing

#11 smacked12

smacked12

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 221 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 07:11 PM

as far extracting a cleaner product. titration during the salting stage or an anhydrous hcl gassing would produce a cleaner product.

as far as cleaning what's pictured. a recrystallization using ethanol would yield very pure crystals.

#12 Caljet666

Caljet666

Dumbass

• Expired Member
  • 368 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:16 AM

Swim is curious to your salting method. Titration and gassing are the only methods he knows.

Gassing produces cleaner crystal than titration but if the gas flow is to fast the crystals can become so small that they are virtually impossible to filter, blocking even lab grade filter paper.

how would one extracted product purer? other than acetone washing

This method cleans most phenethylamines extremely well. You will lose a little product doing this but swim reckons purity is the most important aspect of his drugs.

Methyl ethyl keytone is NP but it forms an azetrope with water meaning it will hold a little water. When MEK is bought over the counter as plumb weld primer it has water in it. Acetone does as well and is the reason people lose product when rinsing with it. The water in the MEK is going to be usefull to clean up Mescaline.

Place your mescaline HCl in a beaker. Add just enough MEK to dissolve it. Put the beaker on a hotplate and bring to a vigorous boil. Use the minimum heat it takes to achieve vigorous boiling.

SAFETY NOTE: Always be careful when boiling flammable liquids. Only use laboratory hotplates or you can modify one from you local dollar store. The thermostats in them work by expanding and contracting metal which can cause a spark when it turns on and off. Solder it closed and put light dimmer switch in the power line. Probably be good to get a professional to put it in. Do it yourself at your own risk.

Boil the MEK until you start to see signs of saturation. You will know its saturated when little crystal start forming on the side of the beaker. Remove it from the heat and put it in the freezer until it is ice cold. Overnight is overkill but swim loves overkill in this situation.

When you remove it from the freezer the MEK will be yellow or brown and there will be crystals in the solution. Filter these out. Swim always uses vacuum filter.

Rinse the crystals with ice cold anhydrous acetone. To make the acetone anhydrous (remove the water) bake some epsom salts in the oven at high temp for a couple hours. They will turn white. When it cools down crush it up a little. Throw a few hand fulls in your tin of acetone. Leave it for an hour or two and shake it every few minutes. Filter the acetone a few times before you use any.

After the crystals are rinsed dissolve them in minimal boiling hot dH2O and evap. Swim always does this after acetone rinses to remove any remaining acetone so as to not endanger anyone whos predeliction is towards IV.

This should leave you with the purest mescaline you have ever seen, suitable for IV.

EDIT: Oh shit. I just saw your other post on this topic. Sorry.

#13 PsilocibeJuggalo

PsilocibeJuggalo

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 182 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 07:44 AM

iv mesc? That must be a trip. I shot coke and heroin for a while when I was younger but I think I am all set with trippin in 3 seconds...that is quite a transition period.

#14 smacked12

smacked12

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 221 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 08:44 AM

Swim is curious to your salting method. Titration and gassing are the only methods he knows.

if had the patience i would still be doing titration. now i just sort of shoot from the hip with my acid/dh2o ratios. adding acid drop by drop, checking ph in between every drop, ugh, it makes my spine shudder.

i've found 3-3.5ml of acid in a gallon of dh20 to be a pretty decent ratio. more acid can be used but i'd rather do an extra salting or two.

this is from my second pull. in the end i did 5 saltings on this. using 100ml acid water to 500ml solvent.

this is the first 4...

http://mycotopia.net...=1&d=1184510539

this is the 5th.

http://mycotopia.net...=1&d=1184510539

once i get this color change i can be pretty sure all of the goodies are out.

Attached Thumbnails

• p2.jpg
  • p3.jpg

#15 prankster239

prankster239

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 382 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 03:59 PM

Great. Looking very nice :headbang:

#16 Caljet666

Caljet666

Dumbass

• Expired Member
  • 368 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 02:37 AM

Ahhh now swim understands. Thats a good variation of titration your using there. Once again, nice clean pulls man. Swim's very jealous at the mo'. He's got no souce of natural mesc at present. He's even considering synthetic routes.

Keep up the nice work.

Peace.

#17 tregar

tregar

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,031 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 July 2007 - 06:18 PM

Clean mescaline is much better/stronger than sanchez, I agree.
Great posts.
I use foaf's tek also in dreams.
smacked12 said:

*the key is to use a minimal amount of acid in the salting stage. you could titrate but i've found 3.5mls in a gallon of distilled water to be a great ratio.
what you see was pulled, salted, dried and chopped. no wash, no recrystalazation.

*the key to clean is in the salting stage. and, giving time for the proper separations.

*if had the patience i would still be doing titration. now i just sort of shoot from the hip with my acid/dh2o ratios. adding acid drop by drop, checking pH in between every drop, ugh, it makes my spine shudder.

*i've found 3-3.5ml of acid in a gallon of dh20 to be a pretty decent ratio. more acid can be used but i'd rather do an extra salting or two.

:bow:Thanks so much for the tips.:bow: I would love to get something that looks like your pics instead of the very brown sanchez using foaf's tek without your pointers.

Please let us know if there are any other variations (from foaf's tek) we should know about to have it come out that clean...just amazing.

That was from your 1st pull! WOW!!! Great work.:eusa_clap

#18 Sunstar

Sunstar

Gazer of the innerself

• Expired Member
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 01:51 AM

:amazed:wow that looks awesome. nice job:teeth::bow:

#19 foaf

foaf

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 08:34 AM

good work. thanks for posting an improved HCl concentration for salting. I'm about to do a big run, and I had been titrating my acid but I'm gonna just use your ratio this time. Did you arrive at that by trial and error or did you estimate the amount of mesc per pull and do the stoichiometry calculations?

#20 Godflesh

Godflesh

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 628 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 09:55 AM

.Rinse the crystals with ice cold anhydrous acetone. To make the acetone anhydrous (remove the water) bake some epsom salts in the oven at high temp for a couple hours. They will turn white. When it cools down crush it up a little. Throw a few hand fulls in your tin of acetone. Leave it for an hour or two and shake it every few minutes. Filter the acetone a few times before you use any

Ok, Not to stray off topic, but, I was curious, can one create anhydrous ammonia the same way? Or will the E salt have an adverse effect on the ammonia? THANKS!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!