• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 phalanx

phalanx

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 11:20 PM

SyntheMesc, welcome to Mycotopia. I'd love to hear you shroomhuasca trip reports.

Duke X, I saw some of you cool graphics. Are you a website designer? Could you design a logo for my homepage sometime in the future if I need it and you aren't busy? I could pay you with love.:)

I don't want to tar everyone at aya.com with the same brush. I'm sure there are plenty of nice people there. It seems to be only a small hardcore group of "ayassholes" who ruin it for everyone. Even if mods or admins aren't the source of the trouble, they certainly cast a callous blind eye. The leaders set the culture.

#42 dukex

dukex

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 583 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 09:41 AM

"No need to go out of the way (at least not on my behalf) searching out and pinning threads or anything like that, I'm quite familiar with a number of different brewing techniques."

I am just throwing out ideas Hippie will sort them out and do whats best with them or tell me to stop. How about sharing some of your different techniques on brewing with us ?

"Duke X, I saw some of you cool graphics. Are you a website designer? Could you design a logo for my homepage sometime in the future if I need it and you aren't busy? I could pay you with love."

Thanks on the graphics, I do software engineering I would starve doing just web design there is so much competition out there and the pay is not great.

I have decided to get my graphics chops together after paying someone else to do it for the last few years. I would be happy to work on a logo for you in my spare time. Aya visions would be great to paint, maybe some flash.

Peace...

#43 SyntheMesc

SyntheMesc

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 03:14 AM

As far as brewing goes I'd be glad to ellaborate on any of the methods you find interesting....

I've had good results w/ rue xtract/mimosa slow cooked with malic (food grade) acid. Is somewhat time consuming, and produces a very sour brew which is extremly tough to swallow.

Have done the same w/ caapi/mimosa with not quite as pleasing results.

Have had a lot of luck w/ aya.com member sync's 'cadillac method', or an approximation of it anyways. Its basically a hcl extraction passed thru vaccum filtration, and evap'd to a crunchy red powder. I have only used it w/ mimosa, as I like the taste somewhat of plain aya tea ala food grade acid, although I do vaccum pump that as well. This method produces very little if any nausea, especially with encapsulated mimosa xtract.

With cubensis as admix, I use malic acid to slow cook aya tea, and drink and eat in succession.

That pretty much sums up my travels with the vine and analogues. With each of the above methods, only two or three times each have I perfourmed them, and that was over the course of about five years.

My next to try is most definately alcohol xtracted caapi/cubensis potion. Who can say when I'll actually get around to this as I am a fairly infrequent traveller.

Only the future wil tell....

#44 phalanx

phalanx

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 06:03 AM

Duke X, it is really only a static logo with low kb for the homepage and maybe a smaller one for the top of the forums that would do. I will give you some $$$. I have a credit card and could pay you through paypal or whatever. I want to keep graphics to the minimum for fast loading on dialup and to keep the transfer rate low. FLASH would eat bandwidth for breakfast so that would be a no-no.:)

Synthemesc, your methods are interesting and are worth writing up for the botanicals forum.

#45 Guest_pissybee_*

Guest_pissybee_*

Posted 02 April 2005 - 06:40 AM

Well, I'd like to see a list of Aya brewing techniques and various peoples results with each, as well as any improvements or new methods added and tested... I mean I have read various reports, and I tend to trust this site most when looking for the best techniques, but there is also a lot of posts and questions that keep the teks and improvements somewhat spread out. Maybe like the teks page from the link at mycotopia.net/site/news.php where the methods are very clear, to the point, no chatter, even with pics in most... That would be awesome and could provide just the necessary info to brew and try safely... I think that that alone would encourage more sharing when people find reliable info and have success right off the bat. I'd visit the site for sure Phalanx...

#46 SyntheMesc

SyntheMesc

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 01:37 AM

Synthemesc, your methods are interesting and are worth writing up for the botanicals forum.

Yeah, they're interesting, but all of them are borrowed from the brewer's and extracters which have come before me. One thing I will mention though, (something I picked up @dmtworld) is the benefit of using handheld vaccum cleaner bags in the extraction proccess.

I should note, I've only done this with hcl, as I only use a 30 minute soak time, and no heat source, just boiling water....

Place ground herbs inside vaccum cleaner bag, roll up tight so as not to let pulp seep into the liquid, and submerge. Remove, and wring out excess liquid, (kitchen gloves suggested) repeat twice more. After doing this, a very small amount of plant material ends up making it into the liquid, and makes vaccum filtration or decanting a breeze.

#47 SyntheMesc

SyntheMesc

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 01:40 AM

After a bit of consideration, I've decided my last post might be straying from the original topic, so....

I OFFER MY APOLOGIES

#48 dukex

dukex

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 583 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 10:07 AM

"Duke X, it is really only a static logo with low kb for the homepage and maybe a smaller one for the top of the forums that would do. I will give you some $$$. I have a credit card and could pay you through paypal or whatever. I want to keep graphics to the minimum for fast loading on dialup and to keep the transfer rate low. FLASH would eat bandwidth for breakfast so that would be a no-no."

Flash doesnt have to eat bandwith by its nature its is very small vector graphics, usaully its in the way its applied. But I understand your concern.

So let me know when you have a site, a theme etc, and need graphics. Do you have something in mind ? graphics wise lets toos some ideas around.

Peace...

#49 Zen_

Zen_

Timelord

• Founders
  • 5,088 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 April 2005 - 11:13 AM

I think a topia-like site dediated to aya would rock. This site has a lot to offer but it does have it's main focuses. A little late in this comment but it is true. :D

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!