Photo
- - - - -

PR's on Hippies mycro mix bags

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 Guest_floppypeter_*

Guest_floppypeter_*

Posted 02 September 2007 - 11:21 PM

this was an experiment of mine with PR's that was less than impresive. I ended up with 1 and a half decent flushes of some large fruit. Pinning was very sparse and it took forever to pin.

http://mycotopia.net...ter-basket.html

#62 Nzo

Nzo

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 421 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:46 AM

I did not know that! Thanks big time! I have some outdoors that I was beginning to wonder about. They have a strong mycelial network and all of their neighbors (other strains) are going off like crazy. The PR's have just been sitting there like the Frog from Warner Bros. cartoons.

lol this is an old post but i just thought that was funny,
that frog cartoon that is dead and then comes to life and starts singing lol
:puke:

#63 nrthlndr27

nrthlndr27

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 02:38 AM

My first successful grow was TC PF cakes. They pinned and fruited like crazy. My second was an attempt at PR's using grain (several varieties) transferred to straw/poo bulk substrate and the time from casing pinning to fruits (excluding the fungus mite mishap:eusa_snoo) seemed considerably longer than TCs. Both substrates fruited successfully, within the same time frame. Is this just a trait of PRs and not a result of change of gardening teks (I'm talkin strictly the time from pinning to fruiting) that there is there is such a noticeable difference between strains? I've got some variables (FAE, Humidity, temp, light) to work out but would appreciate anyones experience with pinning to fruiting times for PRs to make sure I'm not wasting time switching variables. Would save me a ton of headache determining why the fruits are so much slower to develop.

Hope I didn't hijack your thread with this question. My apologies if I did.

#64 Guest_floppypeter_*

Guest_floppypeter_*

Posted 08 January 2008 - 11:13 AM

in my opinion, a majority of the time, PR's take longer to fruit and have less fruit than other common cubes like PESA, PESH, TEX, or Hillbilly.

The myc tends to be robust and quick. There are always exceptions and you'll see someone get lucky and take a nice full canopy shot from time to time, not very often though.

The slow fruiting and weak pin set seems to be a genetic trait that is dominant in the strain at this time. This is conjecture and based soley on my own observations of performance and group discussion. hope that helps, lol

#65 nrthlndr27

nrthlndr27

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 02:16 AM

That's cool...I'm in no big rush. Just like kids, sometimes the slow but steady developers end up being the best ones in the end. It's still fun watching my children grow up in such a nurturing environment, even if it takes a bit more time. :lol:

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!