• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 SolveEtCoagula

SolveEtCoagula

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 136 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 02:51 PM

I usually just throw in half a cup or so in my rubbermaids and everything seems to work fine. However, I am interested in a more exact amount if its possible couldn't find any in archives. I have trouble with ML etc heh

#2 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 414 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 03:27 PM

im sure even half a cup per gallon would be good.just shake it well to get the h2o2 mixed well.a full cup is def more than you need for a gallon ive seen people use allot and i mean allot less but if you feel comfy using that much security blankets are always a plus but not when it compromises the quality of a grow....peace....

#3 Guest_Peter Cottontail_*

Guest_Peter Cottontail_*

Posted 30 March 2005 - 03:32 PM

To what purpose would you throw half a cup of peroxide into your rubbermaid?
I don't understand.

If you're speaking of the perlite, use plain water. Perlite doesn't contaminate, because it has no nutrients.

To control cobweb mold, use the 3% peroxide from the grocery store full strength in your misting bottle and spray it right on the cobweb.
RR

#4 SolveEtCoagula

SolveEtCoagula

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 136 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 10:56 PM

My geo rocks. They tend to get a bit of contam after long periods of time. Last longer with peroxide. I just hate having to bleach them and dryem more than I need to. I was just wondering if anyone had figured out a good amount per gallon so I wasn't wasting any. I've just guessed over the years never really had a problem.

My bins usually hold a few gallons so maybe I am doing alright already.

#5 highflyer

highflyer

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 423 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 11:00 PM

Sprayer heads from a normal hand sprayer will fit on the larger bottles of H2O2. That would distribute/save it better than dumping in cups.

#6 apprentice

apprentice

MENTAlchemist

• Free Member
  • 70 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 04:42 AM

i might be wrong but i thought i read that iodine tincture could solve that problem or is that for some other purpose?

#7 RedOctober

RedOctober

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 338 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 07:31 PM

I am about to run a pasteurization but I really have no place to do it besides my bathtub. I am wondering if it is harmful to the drain and my plumbing if I discard the limewater into the tub after I am done? Should I try to neutralize the lime somehow before I pour the water out?

#8 inky

inky

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 104 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 08:11 PM

Should be ok, Red Devil is a drain cleaner, and much more caustic than lime water.
Peace
~Inky~

#9 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 08:51 PM

Your fine.

#10 RedOctober

RedOctober

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 338 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 02:49 AM

Thanks, that's a relief!
:teeth:

#11 Rycelium

Rycelium

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 138 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 09:26 PM

My tub is looking a little on the dry side and I would like to mist it. Should I mix up a bottle of water and h202 for misting the casing layer? If so what ratio should I use? I want to be able to let the bottle sit for a while without builing up contams.

#12 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 July 2006 - 09:29 PM

Don't bleach or H2O2 unless you are fighting a specific problem.

It stresses the myc needlessly.

#13 Odin 13

Odin 13

Exciteable Boy!

• Expired Member
  • 136 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 01:25 AM

The common drug store hydrogen peroxide is a mere 3% active material. It can end up being just water & oxygen by being shaken briskly. Shooting it thru a sprayer most likely dregades it some right there. If there is no reason to use it, then don't as stated before.

#14 N0Face

N0Face

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 73 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 05:53 PM

ok im not floating my perlite im just putting the cakes directly on it... but how often should i add bleach to keep the smell at bay? everytime i add more water?? or every other time? this will be in my room by the way and i would rather not smell anything from it at all. not even bleach.. and do you think maybe putting a few dryer sheets in the chamber would help the smell dissapear?

#15 AKA_MoeSkizac

AKA_MoeSkizac

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 152 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 06:09 PM

You don't want to put your cakes directly on the perlite. Use something like the lid of your jars and put an even layer of verm. in them, mist them to make them moist and then set the cakes on top of that. You can also add a layer of verm. on top of the cake and mist to create a DEC for your cake. Bleach is totally cool to use with water in your perlite as long as your cakes aren't sitting directly on top of the perlite. Just remember that with the bleach a little goes a long way. I usually add bleach to the perlite every week and a half to two weeks. As long as you're providing fresh air exchange to your FC you should have no problems with contams or smells thereafter if you're using bleach water with the perlite. Hope this helps, peace.

Moe.

#16 N0Face

N0Face

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 73 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 07:49 PM

thank you verrrr much haha

#17 scoutmaster

scoutmaster

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 446 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 06:57 PM

I know hydrated lime isn't very soluble in water. However, if one were to add a bit to the water used in dunking would it help to neutralize the acids in the mushrooms waste and help with those later flushes?

#18 Guest_lost_onabbey_rd_*

Guest_lost_onabbey_rd_*

Posted 04 October 2006 - 07:02 PM

hydrated lime is actually rather soluble in water..
that's why it's called.. HYDRATED lime..
as far as the dunk water i don't know.. personaly i think it would shock the myc too much..
especially considering how little it takes to get the ph up
anybody out there ever actually try this?
LOST

#19 scoutmaster

scoutmaster

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 446 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 07:08 PM

actually hydrated lime is calcium oxide with sufficient water to satisfy its chemical affinity for water, when I looked it up its only slightly soluble in water. Anyway no one that I know of has tried it but I think it would work if you used the right ratio of lime to water.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!