• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 lyqwyd

lyqwyd

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 658 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 10:38 PM

Try a poultice of chamomile and comfrey in a 2:1 ratio... this is more for soreness than for spasms or chronic pain. Also valerian (relaxant, mild sleepyness, chamomile, gotu cola (shrinks swollen membranes), ginseng (red), and ginko biloba taken in combination regularly for at least 2 weeks. To avoid sleepiness take less of the valerian. Yerba mate is good for the vitamins too... Feel better man, pinched nerves are a bitch. c'est la guerre...

#22 grimblegrumble

grimblegrumble

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 151 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 02:48 AM

Yerba mate is good for the vitamins too... Feel better man, pinched nerves are a bitch. c'est la guerre...

Thanks man.
Yerba Mate is a daily part of my life and has been for sometime:)

I have tried Valerian and found it to have a slight effect.
More of a taking the mind off it sort of thing really.
I've never tried gotu cola or ginko(isn't that said to be good for memory?)

I think a lot of people these days suffer from back problems.
A consequence of our modern lifestyle I suppose.
Thank you for the all the great info.

#23 rolly

rolly

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 03:57 AM

on ebay,search for kratom.

ive bought it a few times. 3-4 grams is nice and mellow like a bowl of good opium. over 7 grams and i've gotta lie down and probably puke.
i favor the premium or super kratom .. dark green stuff is definately good, tan and red fine powder rifat strain slightly better and maybe not worth the extra cash..the crushed commercial leaf is weak and hardly worth the time, same with the water extracted resin. anyone else eat it too?

#24 maliki

maliki

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 416 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 04:54 AM

Grimble im in the same boat as you. Flexerl nocks me the hell out for hours at a shot.
I also have pinched nerves in my neck and back.
Out of the list of herbs you posted you bought the one that grabs my eyes
is the KAVA KAVA root.
A teaspoon steeped in hot water for 10 minutes will give you the effect your looking for.
But allas even with the Kava you will build a tolerance to it and need to increase the dossage. Idealy the best way to go at this is have a few diffrent herbs at your disposal, and rotate which ones you use to help stave off the tolerance monster.

You might want to talk to yur doctor about Ultram , Ultracet , Tramadol. There all the same thing just diffrent versions of it. it isnt a true pain killer in the sence of a narcotic. It is an intagonist,, which means it uses you body own natural pain killers .
It also is a mood inhancer do to the endorphines it releases. Ive been on it for over a year now. I take one in the am and it gets me through most of my day without an isue.
Good luck in you search for commfort... :)

#25 mushit

mushit

Shit Lover

• OG VIP
  • 2,307 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 April 2005 - 07:18 PM

You may have considered this already, but have you seen a "good" chiropractor? I know, most of them are quacks, but if you seek a reputable one, it will do wonders for pinched nerves. After all, this is what they treat. Nerves that are pinched between the bones.
I have the same problem, and the chiropractor I see fixes me up with about 4 to 5 visits and I am good for a year! He is also an herbalist and a naturopath. Sure knows his stuff. Find a doc like this and you will seldom need perscription drugs.

#26 grimblegrumble

grimblegrumble

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 151 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 09:42 PM

I wish I could find a chiropractor like that.
The last one I went to was not so good.
I really should try a new one.

#27 tbonus

tbonus

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 05:22 PM

I would like to know your homade painkiller!

#28 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 05:27 PM

I would like to know your homade painkiller!

Jack Daniels

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!