• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#121 fattyz

fattyz

headless horseman

• Expired Member
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 03:37 AM

These pics are of the third or fourth harvest from these 2 cakes, grown in myco bags. They don't seem to be slowing down. Something interesting I noticed is the mycelium seems to have completly colonized the vermiculite they are standing in/sitting on. If you look at the side view of the flower pot, you can see the myc growing out and up the walls. Im fairly sure this flush will produce pins right out of the verm as well as out of the cake.

Another interesting aside, I used lots of water on these, and I watered them everywhere. I poured water right on the cakes, in the surrounding verm and let them sit in standing water on the bottoms, which they soaked up quickly. It seemed the more water I gave them the quicker they grew, often doubling in size in a day.

In addition to this I added heat. The cakes were not doing much but were obviously ready to pin. When I sat the pots right on the heat pad I have been using, the humidity level changed judging by the condensation on the inside of the bags, and the fruits really took off.

I did some about a week ago and had a pretty heavy experience. Laughing and colors and so on. I tried again within a seven day period and had a very diminished effect, due I suppose to a tolerance developing.

I have a BRF jar I nuked and am waiting a day or 2 more to see if it starts to stink before I noc it up. I am currently working on a sterilization procedure that will work in my situation. I am reading the thread on the subject where soaked corn kernals worked in the micro in small numbers. This could work for me. I'll let you know.

Yours

FattyZ

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCN1334 (Small).JPG
  • DSCN1329 (Small).JPG
  • DSCN1332 (Small).JPG

#122 Stone

Stone

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 09:09 AM

If you haven't got your PC, then I'd suggest only attempting PF cakes. Steam sterilizing will work with these, with best results from tyndelization (fractional sterilizing). Other grains need to be PC'd to kill the bacterial endospores...
Now that you've aquired some fruits, the whole process tends to be more fun. Not such a race to the finish line, but more of a scenic walk:).

#123 Guest_floppypeter_*

Guest_floppypeter_*

Posted 27 November 2007 - 12:08 PM

:headbang::eusa_clap:headbang:

Different flush's have different potency
hard to say why you trip hard one time and not another, to many variables

Great Job !

#124 HUMBLE STUDENT

HUMBLE STUDENT

Keeper Of The Spores

• Expired Member
  • 728 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 02:25 PM

light is harmless
assuming no high energy lasers nearby :laser:

Sorry to but in, but I was reading this thread and I read this post ... by high energy lasers what exactly does that include ? I have a laser made to take temperatures would that be included? heres a pic just in case you need to see one

Attached Thumbnails

• anarchy 062.jpg
  • anarchy 063.jpg

#125 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,010 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 December 2007 - 02:56 PM

Sorry to but in, but I was reading this thread and I read this post ... by high energy lasers what exactly does that include ? I have a laser made to take temperatures would that be included? heres a pic just in case you need to see one

Nope, those are safe.

This is a high-energy laser... Avoid pointing one at your grow, or anything else you want to keep:
http://mycotopia.net...=1&d=1196798180

Attached Thumbnails

• thel-beamer.jpg

#126 fattyz

fattyz

headless horseman

• Expired Member
  • 140 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 11:46 PM

SWIM is experimenting with microwave PF style BRF jars. One of them is currently colonizing. SWIM did 2 others in a double boiler for an hour and they are growing what looks like some nice white myc as well. SWIM is going to try a few other things, all using the nuke to sterilize. Next SWIM is going to do something with corn though he is working out what exactly is the best way. I will have him take a pic and post it in the next few days.

SWIM is very excited about this since it allows him to put up a few jars in less than an hour, which for stealth reasons is very desirable. I will keep you posted on the progress.

Yours,

FattyZ

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!