22 replies to this topic

#1 waylitjim

waylitjim

A Mirror Image

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,706 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 March 2005 - 01:50 PM

A foaf got stopped at customs recently...

He was traveling to Canada from the states.
Custom agents asked to see a drivers liscense...

They took the card over to a small metal box and swiped it...
the testing machine starts beeping loudly...
He got pulled into a private room.
They said cocaine residue was found on the card.
Every bag was ripped apart and he was questioned and threatened.
Even though the residue was old, they almost denied him entry into Canada.
Since he was on vacation with his girlfriend, they also searched her.
You should of seen the looks he was getting from his girlfriend!

Fourtuantely, he was lucky enough to not travel with anything illegal,
and they let him resume his travels.

If you ever used cards to cut anything...clean your ids with alcohol before traveling.
Also, as a heads up, U.S police officers may be using this technology during routine traffic stops,
giving them a right to search your vehicle. Be safe, have fun. :)

#2 python

python

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 01:56 PM

Always good to make sure everything is clean when dealing with customs...........

#3 cutty

cutty

Gone Fishin'

• Expired Member
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 02:00 PM

I had a foaf with the same problem,Since then plastic long distance phone cards are used.

#4 nerve

nerve

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 219 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 02:48 PM

Yeah i'd say the best rule of thumb is not to use your official ID cards for such purposes hehe.

Not only cause of residue, but it really wears the cards down fast.

#5 Sweetness

Sweetness

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 327 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 04:21 PM

Thats a hard way to learn a lesson. Glad he was clean!

#6 destroy_erase_improve

destroy_erase_improve

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 11:45 PM

glad to hear it worked out for him
how resiliant is this residue anyway
i mean what if someone uses a twenty to roll up and snort coke
then pays for some chips with that twenty
now the residue is on the cashiers hands, he grabs his credit card or liscense.
think it would rub off on his cards?

#7 Guest_Peter Cottontail_*

Guest_Peter Cottontail_*

Posted 01 April 2005 - 02:31 AM

Someday, I dream of a government that uses technology to catch real criminals such as those who are scamming us or otherwise stealing our money. Just imagine the impact they could have if the money spent on that machine to catch us for getting high, was used to fight real crime? Just something to think about.
RR

#8 maliki

maliki

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 416 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 06:27 AM

That reminds me of an article I read some years ago. it was an article on drug money and how prolific drugs are in our country. They took bills from from a few diffrent people
and tested them and found a large percentage of the bills had drug residue on them.
if I remember right on bill came from a gov a police chife and a senate member. And they all tested posotive......... Lock em up Joey.....

#9 Sweetness

Sweetness

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 327 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 10:19 AM

Its just easier to keep a straw handy next to your mini strainer on a dinner plate.

As far as I know.

#10 vrooota

vrooota

Onamonapia

• Free Member
  • 677 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 10:27 AM

*surreptitiously wipes kief off of liscense*
:D

#11 nomoreusmc

nomoreusmc

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 940 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 03:22 AM

Someday, I dream of a government that uses technology to catch real criminals such as those who are scamming us or otherwise stealing our money. Just imagine the impact they could have if the money spent on that machine to catch us for getting high, was used to fight real crime? Just something to think about.
RR

I was thinking of more like rapists and murders

#12 Guest_pissybee_*

Guest_pissybee_*

Posted 02 April 2005 - 09:27 AM

The criminals get craftier, so does the government, so when are we gonna stop making drug users criminals? Probably never, many here even think certain drugs are bad and should be illegal, yet there choice is okay... We will never be free, that is just how it is gonna be... Everyone thinks they know what's best for everyone else...

#13 waylitjim

waylitjim

A Mirror Image

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,706 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 April 2005 - 12:12 PM

We will never be free, that is just how it is gonna be... Everyone thinks they know what's best for everyone else...

Exactly P.B, just like the Federal Govt trying to impose regulations on State Law. Sadly, medical marijuana is losing ground instead of gaining and soon enough, our prisons will be filled with more pot growers just trying to support their families. It's so sad, and I have little faith in the conservative Supreme Court justices currently hearing the medical marijuana case, it doesn't look patients or the growers.

#14 ridder

ridder

Some Fun Guy

• Expired Member
  • 528 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 07:21 PM

this happened to me.. scanning not getting caught.. they told me that it picks up most powder residues very well but it is much harder to pick up thc residue unless you actually have some kief etc on the card.. however making sure your cards are clean is very important. and don't bring any paraphrenalia along even if it is legal both where you are and where you are going.. they don't like that. for that matter don't go looking like a hippie soft drug tourist with an external frame backpack in oct/nov like me and chances are you won't be profiled like i was :p

#15 destroy_erase_improve

destroy_erase_improve

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 10:01 PM

they profile hippies as avid drug users?
whowouldathunkit?!
:p

#16 Guest_mindovermycelia_*

Guest_mindovermycelia_*

Posted 03 April 2005 - 09:27 PM

yep, I now disquise myself as a regular law abiding person. No weird bumper stickers, no long hair, nothing. That's just asking for it anymore. Of course it helps with my business, as well, to be fairly sharp looking.

#17 ridder

ridder

Some Fun Guy

• Expired Member
  • 528 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 01:59 AM

i don't hide who i am, i just make sure i don't have anything troublesome on me. Yeah i got hassled going to canada but they still let me in and in the end the customs agent who was doing his job profiling me wrote down some great suggestions for camping and backpacking i wouldn't have gotten otherwise :).

#18 smegma

smegma

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 484 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 11:16 AM

I have crushed up so many things with my license...

HAHA.

Time to 'lose' it I guess.

Rolls, Oxy, Yay-o, K... OOPS!

#19 smegma

smegma

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 484 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 12:03 PM

yep, I now disquise myself as a regular law abiding person. No weird bumper stickers, no long hair, nothing. That's just asking for it anymore. Of course it helps with my business, as well, to be fairly sharp looking.

FYI - I read that like 90% of 'drug runners' have Police Officers Assoc. stickers or MADD or SADD stickers on their rides.

Put a Yale sticker on there. :)

#20 Lefty

Lefty

Arrogant Asshole

• Expired Member
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 11:58 PM

In Cali every cop car has a light they stick your license under every time you get pulled over. No one out there uses govt issued id cards for anything illicit. Good practice to get into, bet airports are doing it or will be soon.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!