• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 fedshtkpndrk

fedshtkpndrk

Prodigal Son

• Expired Member
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:51 PM

I started this out with 4 waylit style 1/2 pint jars. I then pasteurized my sub of h-poo/verm/straw 10/10/1. I put the pasteurized sub in a filter patch bag and out the bag on its side in a canning jar tray. This is 2 days after spawning to the sub.

This is a MS LC of Pan Goliath.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1663.jpg
  • IMG_1661.jpg

#2 Guest_vinz_*

Guest_vinz_*

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:56 PM

invitro?

#3 fedshtkpndrk

fedshtkpndrk

Prodigal Son

• Expired Member
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:18 PM

No sir, I am using the filter patch as a cheap growing container right now I am letting spawn work its way through the sub; then I will cut the top side of the bag and case with cactus soil/verm. I love pans:loveeyes: they are so quick.

#4 Guest_vinz_*

Guest_vinz_*

Posted 10 August 2007 - 04:56 AM

oh alright, nice!!
pans are awesome :thumbup:

#5 fedshtkpndrk

fedshtkpndrk

Prodigal Son

• Expired Member
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 08:10 PM

comin' along

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1671.jpg
  • IMG_1670.jpg

#6 fedshtkpndrk

fedshtkpndrk

Prodigal Son

• Expired Member
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 06:52 PM

Good stuff. Today I cut the plastic top with a razor, and cased. I am allowing 48 hrs for the casing to get colo'd a bit. Then its in the FC. Im hoping for the best but not expecting anything to spectacular. Here's for trying.:rasta:

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1729.jpg
  • IMG_1728.jpg

#7 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 7,987 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 August 2007 - 06:56 PM

Lookin good!

#8 fedshtkpndrk

fedshtkpndrk

Prodigal Son

• Expired Member
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 06:56 PM

Just to note. I spend a good amount of time making sure the depth was nice on the casing. The thought was to not see the myc, but nothing more. I may try out this tek with the Pan Viet Spores I have if it works.

#9 fedshtkpndrk

fedshtkpndrk

Prodigal Son

• Expired Member
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 11:34 AM

Safely at Home

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1751.jpg

#10 spacecake

spacecake

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 4,563 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 August 2007 - 02:55 PM

Just to note. I spend a good amount of time making sure the depth was nice on the casing. The thought was to not see the myc, but nothing more. I may try out this tek with the Pan Viet Spores I have if it works.

Nice thought on that one,a thicker casing layer only slows thing down,and these shrooms aren't that big as cubies,so they don't need the same amound of moister...
A thin casing layer works best !

Last picture is looking good !

#11 fedshtkpndrk

fedshtkpndrk

Prodigal Son

• Expired Member
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 07:59 PM

Thanks Space, The last time I grew Pans I was sparse in the casing and it worked well. Much appreciation to all watching me 'walk before I run' so to speak.

Im happy to anounce that my greenhouse will be complete soon and I will begin testing it next week for RH. My buddy who did the PVC work is very proud of the enviroment control system he made. I will show to all when the time comes. He designed the system to model the rain forest.

#12 spacecake

spacecake

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 4,563 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:15 PM

Sound pretty cool,how are you planning to keep a steady temperature inside the greenhouse ?
With electronincs ?

I have a small greenhouse too (maybe you've seen it),but are not using it for the Pans,because I have to heat it up at night,because we always have cool nights here...
How aboud you ?

It really sound like a great experiment !

#13 fedshtkpndrk

fedshtkpndrk

Prodigal Son

• Expired Member
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 03:27 PM

The ambient temps in the room Im growing in are nice throughout the day and night. But, when winter comes I have two ideas. Use a small water heater and a pump on a thermostat. The water will pump through the PVC and heat the whole GH, Or the ionizer is also a heater with a thermostat.

#14 spacecake

spacecake

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 4,563 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 August 2007 - 04:34 PM

You want to use a small water heater for heating up the greenhouse in the winter ?

Don't get me wrong but how small is your greenhouse,..I don't understand how you can heat it up with a small heater ?

I have trouble heating my terrarium that's inside! my house in the winter,not to mension if it was outside !

#15 fedshtkpndrk

fedshtkpndrk

Prodigal Son

• Expired Member
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 09:17 PM

I know you want the best for me Space, thanks brother I appreciate it! This will be an indoor gh.

By heating up the water through a small water heater 100w, and pumping it through the pipe will generate radiant heat from the PVC. I will have a thermostat to regulate heat.

I forgot to mention that I live in the desert and rarely see snow around here.

The ionizer/heater is good enough to warm up a small open space. I am going to be using either 4 or 10 mil visqueen to cover the gh, that should hold in the heat well. I have left myself some room to allow for changes.

What do you suggest bro? I'm looking for super low maintainence. So X10 controls will probaly be employed. Thanks!

#16 gema

gema

XPLORER

• Expired Member
  • 178 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 09:33 PM

Nice! I just spawned some pans. Your photos are very helpful. I'll get a grow log as soon as I show progress. Can't wait. Good Luck!!!
:greenboun:

#17 Apparition

Apparition

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 09:57 PM

Cool project. I've really enjoyed the cyans my foaf has grown. The trip was a bit different but very enjoyable.

#18 fedshtkpndrk

fedshtkpndrk

Prodigal Son

• Expired Member
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 10:45 PM

Nice! I just spawned some pans. Your photos are very helpful. I'll get a grow log as soon as I show progress. Can't wait. Good Luck!!!
:greenboun:

:loveeyes: Thanks Gema,
Please check out my fully documented Goliath Grow
http://mycotopia.net...nburi-grow.html

This grow is more or less an experiment for future bulk Pan Cyan grows. I love this Hobby!

#19 fedshtkpndrk

fedshtkpndrk

Prodigal Son

• Expired Member
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 10:50 PM

Cool project. I've really enjoyed the cyans my foaf has grown. The trip was a bit different but very enjoyable.

Hopefully this FOAF will be enjoying a nice trip from the Pan's this weekend. My first in over 4 years.

#20 Calango

Calango

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 11:33 AM

VEry good, very good.:rasta:

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!