Posted 20 October 2004 - 09:22 AM
Posted 20 October 2004 - 05:53 PM
Posted 21 October 2004 - 03:56 AM
Oh d'oh! I was buying camping supplies for this weekend and came across it. LOL I picked up the box and immediately thought Hippie Crack!!<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>
At least if you inhale a little of that you will be able to talk with a funny squeaky voice! Mix some with Nitrous,I think it'd be pretty funny , while on nitrous to here ppl talking with squeaky voices. Or maybe Im just easily amused.
Posted 21 October 2004 - 11:24 PM
Posted 21 October 2004 - 11:47 PM
Posted 23 October 2004 - 09:48 AM
Right, yep, it’s the stuff that makes whipped cream yummy, but lets face it, we're lookin to get high, not fat.
First the safety rules, these are IMPORTANT !!
1. Pure Nitrous does NOT support life ! It WILL suffocate you!
2. In a dentist or hospital they give you "gas and air". As its name suggests this is a mix of N2O and standard air. Because of this mix you can breath it indefinitely without suffocating.
3. Compressed gases expand and this causes freezing NEVER put your lips to an N2O tank. You can freeze them on there and literally blow up your lungs.
4. Do NOT use a mask to inhale. If (when) you pass out you will suffocate.
5. If you're drawing from a tank then try to incorporate a "deadman's handle" i.e. when you pass out you let go of the trigger that releases the gas. However, you will often lock up and not let go so don't rely on this.
6. If the tank is designed for motor use (we'll come back to this source) then it is probably designed to be decanted to other tanks and will be set up for "liquid withdrawal" i.e. it has a siphon tube that goes to the bottom of the tank to draw liquid from the bottom rather than gas from the top. As soon as the liquid touches say a balloon, it will freeze it and it’ll burst. Turn the siphon tank upside down to draw off the gas not the liquid. Siphon (dip tanks) often have a stripe painted from top to bottom to indicate they have tube inside. info will also be on the label.
7. Best gas and tanks come from the back of hospitals, make friends with an orderly, they can get them EASY. Medical tanks are gas withdrawal, no hassles. and you can chose gas and air or pure gas for the experienced.
8. N2O does NOT alter your voice. That is another gas, helium I think, it tightens your vocal cords and makes your voice high pitched.
9. Your lips will probably turn blue when you get into N2O, watch for this in people who are with you. its sign they are running out of oxygen and must inhale some clean air before going back to the gas.
OK now for the sources. hyperventilating on a balloon full of whipped cream propellant is not the way to enjoy this. a tube coming off a tank with a deadman trigger will significantly enhance your experience. The best source for gas is back of a hospital. the next best source is certainly the motor industry.
In case you don't know you squirt N2O into drag cars and bikes to double the power at the rear wheels. I've heard in the past that this gas contains traces of oil, but frankly I do NOT believe this as it would be difficult to do and would not be very advantageous to the motor users. all you have to do is understand the bit above about liquid withdrawal tanks. Most custom motor outlets will sell you a nice big tank with very little hassle. half of these outlets are run by guys who know what you are about anyway ;-)
I like N2O, I did a fair old drop of it in my day. I’ve still got a diver's regulator connected to a deadman handle in my garage. Have fun with it, but play safe! Surf that did black wall of unconsciousness :-)
Posted 24 October 2004 - 12:45 AM
They use oxygen.
If it were standard air you could still suffocate, as air is not all O2.
"The best source for gas is back of a hospital. the next best source is certainly the motor industry. "
Do not tell people to inhale automotive grade nitrous!
It contains sulfur dioxide.
It will taste like shit and is harmful.
Why inhale sulfur dioxide when you can get n2o from whipped cream chargers?
(Message edited by swine on October 24, 2004)
Posted 24 October 2004 - 06:40 AM
"Q: Is there any performance increase in using medical grade nitrous oxide?
A: None! Ny-Trex recommends only the automotive grade, called Ny-trous Plus. Ny-trous Plus contains a minimal amount of sulphur dioxide (100 ppm) as a deterrent to substance abuse. The additive does not affect performance."
see i've always been spoilt and had an orderly to help me out, never resorted to auto suppliers. i spoke to few about though and never a hint of it. sorry for mis info
Posted 27 October 2004 - 10:18 AM
Posted 27 October 2004 - 10:22 AM
Posted 27 October 2004 - 12:21 PM
forward to major brain damage.
Please be careful
(Message edited by Rio on October 27, 2004)
Posted 27 October 2004 - 03:39 PM
Posted 03 November 2004 - 12:51 AM
Posted 11 November 2004 - 09:01 PM
Posted 12 November 2004 - 06:17 PM