• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 WHITE RABBIT

WHITE RABBIT

Let's take a trip

• Free Member
  • 275 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 08:47 PM

Whats wrong with rabbit doo? Also I have a huge pigeon house with a mountain of droppings, any use in this? Maybe as an additive?

#22 max

max

canadian

• Banned Member
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 02:04 AM

I think they naturally prefer horse or cow manure, prolly the manure of any ungulate would be preferred. I never seen a bird with hoofs or heard of these mushrooms growing in nature off bird dung.

I bet mule manure would be good...half horse, half donkey...:)

#23 mono

mono

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 09:40 AM

:puke: I needed poo, and in bulk. leade me in a direction

#24 the jesus

the jesus

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 09:44 AM

www.mycrotopia.com

#25 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 05:49 PM

put it in a pillowcase for either hot water or steam pasturization.

right, steam is better, imo, as the poo doesn't get as saturated, less work to get to field capacity then.

#26 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 7,376 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 July 2007 - 03:23 PM

I had problems with lime measurements also (e.g. "a little lime", "some lime"..). The reason for this is that the ph of different materials is.....well....always different. I still need a way to test the ph of each substrate.
As for poo. I've been using about 2 tbsp. of pickling lime, which I FINALLY found at a small grocery store, added to about 3 gal. of water. Poo measurement is tricky. I use a Woolite zipper type laundry bag for delicates and fill with crumbled poo. Place it in the hot water bath and bring temp to 160* for 2 hours, allow to cool right there on the burner, and then I wring the bag by flattening it and rolling it up while squeezing the hell out of it. This seems to achieve proper hydration and I've had good results. Give a handfull of poo a good squeeze...only a few drops should come out of it.

#27 Shroomhog

Shroomhog

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 46 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 06:37 PM

I went to a miniture donkey farm the other day, and asked the folks there if I could get a bag of dung from them. They took me around the back of the barn and there was a pile to last a life time. They got on the tractor and loaded the whole bed of my truck. When I got home and unloaded it I noticed that some of it was a mixture of straw, wood chips, and dung. It's well composted with a nice earthy smell. I was wondering if the wood chips are going to be a problem? I hand picked a small bag of nuggets which I broke up. Those look great with lots of fine straw or hay in them. Stuff smells like dirt. I got the dung with the wood chips in it spread out all over my paved drive way, it seems to be dehydrating. I live in the country, and I see the good 'ol farm boys going by on there tractors scratching thier heads over that one.

#28 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 06:45 PM

sounds good, just pick out larger wood chunks when you prep it

#29 seymorebunz

seymorebunz

CHEERS

• OG VIP
  • 997 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 09:32 PM

Hip knows his donkey doo!

#30 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,772 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 September 2007 - 11:42 PM

Here's a lil something to pass the time...

YouTube - Touching Donkey Ball

#31 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,772 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 October 2007 - 02:45 PM

Here's another in case you haven't seen it:

Drugged Spiders

YouTube - Spiders On Drugs

#32 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 02:58 PM

:lol: That's classic!

#33 Sunstar

Sunstar

Gazer of the innerself

• Expired Member
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 04:28 PM

Cheech and Chong did that same skit on The Next Movie...when Cheech was on stage. I wonder if he got it from there or they got it from Cheech and Chong. That video looks kinda older
but it could just be the type of film they used to make it
funny video either way:thumbup:

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!