43 replies to this topic

#41 MycoChondria

MycoChondria

Intellectually Immortal

• OG VIP
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 06:14 PM

i say leave it to the chemists......
or youre looking for trouble in one form or another.

:horse::horse::horse:

#42 Fresh Brewed

Fresh Brewed

Seeker

• OG VIP
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 06:22 PM

To save someone the trouble of taking such efforts reading outdated syntheses (though I believe there's benefit in that too), here are links to the two simplest routes I've run across:
D-LA to D-LSD via PyPOB by William Casey Hardison
ET to D-LA (KOH), D-LA to LSD via POCl3 by Sasha Shulgin

Interesting reading...I wonder how many other LSD's are out there waiting for the next Hoffman to discover.

#43 Entropymancer

Entropymancer

Alchemist

• Expired Member
  • 110 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 06:41 PM

Interesting reading...I wonder how many other LSD's are out there waiting for the next Hoffman to discover.

I'd say there's excellent odds that some have already been synthesized... and proven "uninteresting" to standard pharmaceutical assays just as LSD did in 1938... it's really amazing that Hofmann's hunch led him to resynthesize the material five years later, and that despite his usual thorough precautions dealing with ergot materials in the lab, it led to his accidental ingestion of a threshold dose, clearing the way for the actual recognition of its activity.

We have thorough literature from the past 10 years on a wide variety of salvinorin analogs, thoroughly explored in terms of their opioid receptor binding affinity and whether they decrease a mouse's reaction when you burn its tail, but completely unknown in terms of human effect.

#44 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 857 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 December 2017 - 07:20 PM

On a lark I thought I would investiage LSD manufacture.  I came across this old thread and see why its so hard to get.  I've never done acid and have always been extremely skeptical of it.  I think humanity may have missed its window on this.  Unless it legalizes and you can have proper educated people with proper lab set ups working on it I don't think I'd want to touch the stuff.

Maybe I'm alone in this but it seems to me the people I've known who did a lot of 'acid' seem like they may have burnt out parts of their brain.  But I put it in quotes because I've seen with the people into dope over the years they are pretty much tampons for drugs and alcohol. 

I had this friend who went to an event and voluntered for clean up.  She tells me she found some sort of blotter or a pill on the ground and just took it.  I'm like you have GOT to be kidding me. 

Its too bad.  I think LSD had a ton of good research done with it.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!