• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 Mermaidia

Mermaidia

Sober Sister

• Expired Member
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 12:12 PM

Vrooota, they really are neat pets. For the most part fairly low maintenance. What can be the biggest challenge is making sure they get everything they need in their diet. I can say that we have been really lucky with LP. We bought her from BBB and I never thought I'd care so much for her. She's got a great appetite and has done really well. She has doubled in size since we first got her and can get up to 7in in length.

#22 Telepathic

Telepathic

Spiritualized

• Expired Member
  • 472 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 06:01 PM

First off, thanks for all the nice comments everyone.

Secondly, sorry hip I borrowed my friends cam and didn't realize that they were so huge! Next time I'll take smaller pics :)

Also I got this toad from a 'friend' of mine. He kept telling me he wanted to get rid of it for about an hour over and over so I asked him how much he wanted for the toad and the aqaurium but he wouldn't tell me a price and anytime I tried to offer he cut me off mid sentence. Pretty much, he was all messed up and was freaking out. I've tried to call him and even went to his house but I think he is avoiding me, he is a strange, generous dude who has given me many free things in the past so I believe he was sick of caring for it and just knew both the toad and I would be better off together. He had told me that it hadn't been fed in 10+ days though from all the pictures I can find of bufo's he looks very healthy. He has adapated to his new home in my house very well and from what I can tell he is damn happy. He isn't use to me yet though anytime I reach in there to feed him he gets scared shitless and heads straight for the corner of his little home, hopefully he will warm up to me :).

As for milking it I tried on the second day that I had him but he was so scared and was constantly trying to jump away. I felt bad for handling him and just put him back maybe when the two of us become real good buddy's he will bless me with his knowledge of the spiritual world :D I'll keep ya posted. Really what I would say is if you're looking for an awesome pet (it's so cool to watch him eat stuff, he uses his hands, like we do) with a BONUS of 5-meo-dmt I would def. look into this fella, but if you're only looking to get high off him look into other methods of getting dmt first before you decide.

As mermaidia said taking care for him is really easy just change his water everyday(they poop in there) and feed him when he's hungry. Other than that u'll need to change his bedding every so often to keep it from smelling like urine.

#23 Telepathic

Telepathic

Spiritualized

• Expired Member
  • 472 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 06:41 PM

Some more pics while i still have this camera, the first is a picture of him lookin extra sexy and the second two I was hoping someone could tell me if he looks a little skinny 'cuz of those bones u can see on his back. I think it is actually a she, because she looked really fat two nights ago but I think i startled her and she poofed up as a defense. Tell me what ya think.

PS: Sorry about the big pics hip I can't get to get them to any smaller resolution than this, Ill remove em if they eat ur bandwidth.

Attached Thumbnails

• bufobufo 003.jpg
  • bufobufo 002.jpg
  • bufobufo 001.jpg

#24 Guest_twizzz_*

Guest_twizzz_*

Posted 29 August 2007 - 07:35 PM

You think the toads a she because she was fat a couple nights ago?

That toads not skinny. I'm not a toad expert but I find them in the pump-house some times and they look like that.

As far as bufo venom goes, I think it contains more than just 5MeO DMT, it might have a little nnDMT but not enough to shine through the intensity of the 5MeO, but I'm pretty sure it also contains bufotine which is a not so desirable alkaloid.

Does anyone know if the bufo variety you see splattered all over the roads in Hawaii are da kine?

Whats that orange shit all over the toad house? Looks like a contam (jk)

#25 CoyoteMesc

CoyoteMesc

howling mad

• Expired Member
  • 4,313 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 08:28 PM

twizz,
Females inhale air to make themselves appear larger, males...not so much. Males make a lot of noise, females...not so much. Your not seeing what he is talking about. The toad gets HUGE, almost twice that size with filled air. Looks kinda like a toad balloon.
I doubt you saw a bufo in your pump house and if you did, great for ya but they are rare to see anywhere due to their habits in the wild.
Bufotine may not be desired by some but by all means neither is marijuana.
I dont know anything about Hawaii besides its over rated imho.
And the 'orange shit' is wet bedding.

#26 mycot

mycot

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 376 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 09:51 PM

Telepathic, for the best method of milking toads, see this thread here.

http://mycotopia.net...us-rocks-2.html

No need to wrestle with it and freak it out.
And be gentle. Don't milk it dry.

#27 Telepathic

Telepathic

Spiritualized

• Expired Member
  • 472 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 05:07 AM

twizz,
Females inhale air to make themselves appear larger, males...not so much. Males make a lot of noise, females...not so much. Your not seeing what he is talking about. The toad gets HUGE, almost twice that size with filled air. Looks kinda like a toad balloon.
I doubt you saw a bufo in your pump house and if you did, great for ya but they are rare to see anywhere due to their habits in the wild.
Bufotine may not be desired by some but by all means neither is marijuana.
I dont know anything about Hawaii besides its over rated imho.
And the 'orange shit' is wet bedding.

twizzz I am not sure if u came here to rip on me or not but it sounds to me like u did, and CM stopped u dead in your tracks.
:D TY CM

#28 Guest_twizzz_*

Guest_twizzz_*

Posted 30 August 2007 - 03:57 PM

What makes you think I was ripping on you or trying to? I came to see the pics of your bufo

All I said was there are toads in my pumphouse, not bufo's, I asked if anyone new if the Bufos in hawaii are bufo alvaris

I asked what the orange shit was and said it looks like a contam and than typed---"(jk)" to indicate that that was a joke, sounds like you are projecting some flavor onto what I typed and are ripping on me.

I said your toad wasn't skinny, and was confused by what you said about her being fat, and yea, cm "set me straight" on that. If someone doesnt know about the defensive mechanisms of a bufo, how the hell is saying she was fat going to determine the sex to someone unaware

#29 CoyoteMesc

CoyoteMesc

howling mad

• Expired Member
  • 4,313 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 05:30 PM

Im not sure if any varieties of bufo's are in Hawaii. Very possible tho.
I know that the population of cane toads in Australia is over whelming for them there. The toads are literally taking over peoples properties.

You could always snap a pic of the toads in your area, there are some reptile knowledgeable peeps here could maybe get a close identification.

#30 Guest_twizzz_*

Guest_twizzz_*

Posted 30 August 2007 - 05:43 PM

I dont live in Hawaii any more, Hawaii is nice, but is very over rated imo as well, but there are toads all over the islands and roads, and the people call 'em bufo's but I was never sure if they are the type of bufo like the alvaris(sp) from the colorado river.

#31 CoyoteMesc

CoyoteMesc

howling mad

• Expired Member
  • 4,313 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 05:57 PM

The ones in Hawaii appear to be Bufo Marinus(cane toads) They are huge and those are the same breed I spoke about being in Australia. So yeah, I guess they coulda very well been in your pump house. Reefer another mod here had one of those as a pet. There are two types of bufos near you now. The bufo boreas
and the bufo canorus.

Sorry for hijacking your thread tele, hows your toad settling in? Is it staying in the water dish?

#32 Telepathic

Telepathic

Spiritualized

• Expired Member
  • 472 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 06:27 PM

Lol I'm sorry, thats was a drunken post. Guess I was just feeling frisky, truly, my bad. I won't be posting drunk anymore so please forgive me twizzz.

To get back on subject here is a video I took called
Bufo Buddy's Quick Breakfast. I put the plate in there because the earthworms are very slimy and when they get sand all over them he has a hard time eating them, so I brought him a dinner plate to eat off of. :)
10 seconds and that worm is done for!

Bufo Buddy's Quick Breakfast

Also: Yep CM he loves to chill in his little water dish, when ever he is in there he gets really relaxed and it looks like he is baked :D

Edit: If u watch it plz rate it 5 stars (if u find it to your liking) :D

#33 CoyoteMesc

CoyoteMesc

howling mad

• Expired Member
  • 4,313 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 06:34 PM

haha, cool shit tele. :thumbup:

#34 Mermaidia

Mermaidia

Sober Sister

• Expired Member
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 06:37 PM

Love it!!

#35 pareil

pareil

happy just to be here

• Expired Member
  • 271 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 06:41 PM

cool video!
too bad for the earthworm,
but it looks like you're taking pretty good care of your toad.
and she's not fat, she's well-rounded ;)

#36 Guest_twizzz_*

Guest_twizzz_*

Posted 31 August 2007 - 03:00 PM

No worries tele'

#37 Telepathic

Telepathic

Spiritualized

• Expired Member
  • 472 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 05:01 PM

Lol, I love this next picture. I woke up today and come in to check on her and she was chillin' take a look :loveeyes:

Attached Thumbnails

• bufobufohotty.jpg

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!