• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 blackout

blackout

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 302 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 11:05 AM

I tried cloning some dried atlantis a month ago, also some frozen fresh ones. Dipped in H202 and onto a honey & potato based agar. Nothing but green. Will try again though. I also did a old shroom at the time, it did grow but it could have been spores on its stem. I also found some mini shrooms on a discarded plate, now dried I dumped them in LC but see no growth. In fact I have never had growth by transferring tissue to LCs, be it mexA or atlantis sclerotia or shroom tissue.

#22 blackout

blackout

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 302 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 01:59 PM

Well I have old jars of sclerotia cores and one seems to be colonising. Might have success at last.

I made jars of sterile water with self healing silicone injection ports on them. After a grow I would take a big stone, clean the outside with H2O2 and inject a syringe right through it, this takes a core out of the centre, this can then be injected into the jar. No need for a glovebox but no harm either. The cores usually showed a bit of growth, maybe cannibalising themselves, or just stretching out like in a casing with no nutrients.

Anyway I sterilized a small jar of half honey, half water. Then injected some into 3 of these old jars. One looks like it might be showing new growth. To make sure I have just prepared a new larger LC. The current jar has only about 50ml in it. When I transfer to the new jar any new growth will be more apparent.

I am not sure what the strain is though! it could be 1-3 years old by now, and at room temp. It is either mex A, or atlantis from sporeworks. It is also possibly a commercial strain of mexicana from holland, that could well be a sporeworks strain too.

Will keep you posted on progress, doesnt look like contams anyway.

#23 kocos

kocos

The PsYhead

• Expired Member
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 02:03 AM

Interesting man, give us some more details if things work out, and some pics would be nice too :) This project is on hold for now, untill i can get some better tissue to work with.

#24 OooO

OooO

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 119 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 06:27 PM

till now i didnt see a thread about this: i grew some psilocybe mexicana jalisco. after a few flushes i searched the substrate for sclerotia. i did the experiment to clean/rub of one sclerotia with 98% alcohol and trew it in honey/water after a week or so the sclerotia began at room temperature to produce mycelia. this liquid culture works really fine. thought i shoult mention this! got some nice pics-how does it work to show them?

#25 chimp

chimp

Space Lord Modulator

• Expired Member
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 06:45 PM

IN order to post pictures see the icon above the text box that looks like a paper clip..click on that and follow the directions.

Attached Thumbnails

• attach.gif

#26 OooO

OooO

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 119 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 06:53 PM

well here it comes on the first pic you can see right on the bottom the sclerotia and a piece of glas

#27 OooO

OooO

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 119 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 07:17 PM

now:

Attached Thumbnails

• IMGP0518.JPG
  • IMGP0517.JPG

#28 chimp

chimp

Space Lord Modulator

• Expired Member
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 07:24 PM

:cool:

#29 Guest_vinz_*

Guest_vinz_*

Posted 02 September 2007 - 07:43 PM

cool! i have some stones in a jar right now.. il let it grow out more then clone some on agar then to LC or agar to grain :)
did you try your LC yet?

#30 OooO

OooO

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 119 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 03:46 AM

yes i did-and so far its working fine- i cased one jar till now and now i'm waiting for fruiting

#31 Guest_vinz_*

Guest_vinz_*

Posted 03 September 2007 - 05:33 AM

is that psilocybe mexicana strain A?
or psilocybe jalisco?

#32 OooO

OooO

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 119 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 06:26 AM

jalisco strain

#33 OooO

OooO

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 119 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 08:42 AM

well this is the cased psilocybe mexicana-after a few weeks of waiting for pinning i changed the fruiting chamber-humidity was too high- and now there a forming pins and sclerotia right on the top layer:
IMGP0659.JPG

IMGP0664.JPG

cap.JPG
you see this crazy mush-cap - its popping right throu casing layer -without any stem!
  • kaliman likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!