30 replies to this topic

#21 CatatonicBliss

CatatonicBliss

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 104 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 03:10 PM

alrighty i think i know what im going to do lol
I saw this in another forum i believe its posted here too. its where you mix the colonized grain with equal parts verm in a bowl then place in a tub then incubate for a few days until its fully colonized then add a layer of verm let the mycelia run through about 35% then fruit. the guy got fantastic results it's unbelievable. of course he did use wbs not rye grain. here the link to thread- http://mycotopia.net...t-grow-log.html

#22 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,717 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 September 2007 - 10:01 PM

yeah, it's too bad that thread never got to be completed with results... results in the eyes of myself equate to fruitbodies and not just great colonization. I think mockeylock is around now again so maybe he/she can give you an idea of whats to come, but then agian thats with wbs which, ime, is a whole different ball game... but like I said, you'll get fruits but what and how many is the question. I've done the straight verm rez too but with popcorn... http://mycotopia.net...ts-mo-tubs.html and they did quite well... BUT as I've been trying to highlight... thats popcorn which is, again ime, a whole 'nother animal than the rye I've done. I'm saying you may need something that encourages another growth pattern than the rye just by itself... i.e., a coir mixture. or straw. or poo... nawwahimean? and again, if anyone can give specific examples of their straight rye grow that did well... well, I'd like to see it. the verm. that you are adding is just going to give the rye a reservoir (hence the name "rez") from which it can pull extra needed water and not give it a leg up on growth/fruiting patterns that another substrate (coir, straw, poo) will give :)

fahtster

#23 CatatonicBliss

CatatonicBliss

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 104 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 10:37 PM

Here are the results from that thread - cant post link but you can see it on shroomtalk.com under mushroom growing teks title of the thread is rez-effect

What i'll do is mix the colnized rye grain with a mix of coir and verm then do what he mockey did. but are you sure i dont have to pH balance the coco coir? btw what should the ratio be of coir/verm? equal parts of both? im using 3pound rye grain bags.

#24 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,717 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 September 2007 - 02:18 AM

oh yeah, I think I know what pics you are talking about... the ridiculous pinset one... gotchya.. give it a try yo... I'm curious to see what you get. :)

faht

#25 CatatonicBliss

CatatonicBliss

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 104 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 02:57 PM

I'll give it a shot hopefully everything works out ok : ) thanks for all the help everyone thanks

#26 CatatonicBliss

CatatonicBliss

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 01:28 PM

Well day two since foaf knocked up the rye grain bag and everything seems to be on the right track, no mycelium growth yet but foaf got the incubator up to 79-80f, foaf figures inside the bag is about 2 degrees higher than the inside of the incubator so foaf is right in the temp range for good mycelium growth. foaf will update in a week or so and hopefully get some photo's going. pretty soon here foaf is going to purchase some LC jars from mycrotopia and inject them with some south americans and do an invitro grow using monster compost bags.

#27 jimbojones

jimbojones

Just some Dude

• Expired Member
  • 409 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 01:34 PM

I made a really phat rez-effect tray using coir/vermiculite/polymer crystals hydrated with pasturized straw/poo tea. It knotted up so nice but the temps kept dipping below 65 at night and they would not fruit. By the time I got them back in a warm environment the Trich monster had already placed his evil seed. As soon as the temps were up a few tiny green spots appeared.:eusa_booh

Other than the fact that I failed to maintain fruiting temps early on, the colonization and maintained humidity were fabulous. The myc seemed to love the tea soaked polymers which hold lots of water.

#28 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 01:40 PM

bummer about the trich problem.

#29 CatatonicBliss

CatatonicBliss

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 104 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 04:40 PM

Im doing my damndest to keep that trich or any other contam out of my little grow closet. i keep it pretty damn clean spraying lots of oust everytime i walk in there, also i wear one of those painters suits along with the feet covers and a N-95 mask also disposable gloves sprayed with 70% alcohol. lol my father makes fun of me because of my getup. he says i look like im about to perform some kind of surgery.

#30 CatatonicBliss

CatatonicBliss

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 104 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 10:09 PM

I think the spore syringe i got from a non sponsor is a dud :mistrust: the bag still has not colnized even with near perfect cleanliness and temp range.
I made cakes because i bought a PC and they have not colonized either. has anyone tried FSRCanada for a spore print? do they really send what they say it is? or better yet would anyone want to donate a spore print to me so i can make my own syringe? will pay postage.

btw has anyone used 4 ounce jars for cakes? they are a bit smaller than half pints. im just curious because i just found some of those in my basement and im wondering what kind of yield would you get off them or if its even worth using them. the cakes i have going that are not colonizing:mistrust: are in 1 pint jars.

#31 CatatonicBliss

CatatonicBliss

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 104 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 03:14 PM

Made my own syringe with oak ridge spores and im seeing my first mycelium growing on the cakes:amazed: its about damn time ;) now off to salem for tomorrow nights party.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!