• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 i.p.freely

i.p.freely

Wordsmithartclown

• Validating
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 02:28 AM

alrighty then...gonna do the brazils again...:horse:...this time with horse manure. my horse manure is fairly old and doesn't smell. bc of this i may skip leaching. i will be using the following:

brazil spores from The Good Spore - Spores for the Rest of Us

hippie's mycro bags

horse manure/ straw

coir

a pot to pasturize my poo

jumbo ziplock bags

a digital thermometer

plastic gloves

oust

and a mask

i have one concern already, and that is that i have some critters in the poo. i figure pasturizing will get rid of them tho.

Posted Image

#2 the jesus

the jesus

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 06:39 AM

Good luck mr. p. :headbang:

“Every now and then when your life gets complicated and the weasels start closing in, the only cure is to load up on heinous chemicals and then drive like a bastard from Hollywood to Las Vegas ... with the music at top volume and at least a pint of ether.” H.S.T.

#3 i.p.freely

i.p.freely

Wordsmithartclown

• Validating
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 07:56 PM

Good luck mr. p. :headbang:

“Every now and then when your life gets complicated and the weasels start closing in, the only cure is to load up on heinous chemicals and then drive like a bastard from Hollywood to Las Vegas ... with the music at top volume and at
least a pint of ether.” H.S.T.

thanks jesus...that's probably one of favorite quotes

#4 i.p.freely

i.p.freely

Wordsmithartclown

• Validating
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 06:48 AM

i have two myco bags fully colonized for 3 days now...i will give them 4 more days and then toss them in the fridge to stall them while the other two catch up...i like to wait a week after colonization...seems to help...what if i waited until i saw pins before breaking the bags apart for substrate...would that help or hurt? :bow:

#5 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 September 2007 - 09:48 AM

Hurt. Once the mycelia "changes gears" to start fruiting, it almost stops running/expanding (it will still expand, but it slows way down). You want it still in full on expand mode when you spawn.

I am also a very big fan of letting things "overcolonize" before spawning. Never hurts to get the myc as strong as possible, IMHO.

"It never got weird enough for me."
-HST

Left field question, ya prefer Murray or Depp's version of the good doctor? And Del Toro or Boyle as Acosta?

#6 i.p.freely

i.p.freely

Wordsmithartclown

• Validating
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 12:18 PM

Hurt. Once the mycelia "changes gears" to start fruiting, it almost stops running/expanding (it will still expand, but it slows way down). You want it still in full on expand mode when you spawn.

I am also a very big fan of letting things "overcolonize" before spawning. Never hurts to get the myc as strong as possible, IMHO.

"It never got weird enough for me."
-HST

Left field question, ya prefer Murray or Depp's version of the good doctor? And Del Toro or Boyle as Acosta?

thanks BB...boy thats a tough one there but i gotta go depp...he fucking nailed it...lived with hst for a month to get to know him for the role...and yeah del torro hands down...

#7 i.p.freely

i.p.freely

Wordsmithartclown

• Validating
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 10:23 AM

i believe i've lost one myco bag to contams a.k.a. cobweb....this leaves me with three and i would still like to do two bags...any thoughts

#8 Guest_vinz_*

Guest_vinz_*

Posted 09 September 2007 - 10:27 AM

you can mist a little h202 aka hydrogen peroxide solution on the cobweb.. should make it go away..
then increase FAE
should be fine..

#9 i.p.freely

i.p.freely

Wordsmithartclown

• Validating
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 12:11 PM

thanks vinz...i knew that h2o2 would show me weather or not it was cobweb...but i didn't know i could get rid of it completely...thankyou very much...exciting news:eusa_clap

#10 seymorebunz

seymorebunz

CHEERS

• OG VIP
  • 997 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 08:24 AM

Mr. P....you must clarify, those brazil spores are from Hillbilly at The Good Spore.

Make sure it's cobweb!

#11 i.p.freely

i.p.freely

Wordsmithartclown

• Validating
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 01:53 PM

ip needs to stop smoking so much mj...those were from the good spore...APOLOGIES ALL AROUND!!!

#12 i.p.freely

i.p.freely

Wordsmithartclown

• Validating
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 07:27 PM

all-fuckin-righty then...after pissing on a downs ridden pedestrian without being charged a dime; i decided to add my myco bags to a bulk substrate...horsey poo/ straw + coir 50/50...

i pasturized this on my stove in a big ol pot i bought at wally world...at 160 to 175 degrees for an hour and a half

after that...i sprayed a fuck ton of oust all over the air in my kitchen...waited a bit for it to die down (u don't want to get the oust on yer substrate...could cause rosecomb = no bueno)

next...i slapped on the gloves and the mask and drained my pot of poo into a sterile strainer

i then waited about ten minutes...to let it drain, cool down, and what not

i took my huge ziplock bag, opened her up, and began putting the substrate in (squeezing every handful of the stuff til i only got one or two drops of water dripping out into the sink first of course...pooling = no bueno)

finally i added the mycelium from hips mico bags, once that was done, i added my filter patches (small holes filled with cotton balls) three in front and three in the back just above the substrate and one at top middle...

put her in my closet @ 85 degrees...we'll see what happens...

i'll post pics soon :amazed:

Posted Image

#13 i.p.freely

i.p.freely

Wordsmithartclown

• Validating
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 12:07 AM

it's only been 16 hrs and already the myc is chowing down...white spots everywhere:amazed:

#14 Guest_vinz_*

Guest_vinz_*

Posted 16 September 2007 - 05:40 AM

can't wait to see your pics ip!
brazils are known to be really fast haha

#15 MrMycelium

MrMycelium

Custom Title User

• Expired Member
  • 940 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 09:07 AM

I have got some monsters with those. Cant wait for the pics ip.

#16 i.p.freely

i.p.freely

Wordsmithartclown

• Validating
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 05:07 PM

it's not quite 72 hrs. and the myc has covered 90% of the sandbag...my only concern is for over condensation inside...the sides are dripping pretty bad...:amazed:

#17 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 September 2007 - 04:32 AM

Don't worry about condensation - it is a just fine in the sealed up bag. Just watch out for contams. 85 is a bit warm. If a nasty gets a foothold, yer screwed.

Sounds like you are in really good shape, though. My motto is always give it an extra day or two after full visible colonization, just to let it really dig in, but you probably aren't 14 days from fruit...

Ya gonna fruit in the bag?

#18 seymorebunz

seymorebunz

CHEERS

• OG VIP
  • 997 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 10:06 AM

As long as you are doing your FAE's a few times a day, you should be just fine. I'd drop the temp in the closet down to 75-80, it's usually about 5 degrees warmer in the bags.

I can't believe they didn't even charge you a dime....amazing! :eusa_liar

#19 i.p.freely

i.p.freely

Wordsmithartclown

• Validating
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 12:11 PM

sounds like we might have a code two here...i'll get on that heat immediately...it's like christmas during a fucking blizzard in that bag today....beauty:greenboun

#20 i.p.freely

i.p.freely

Wordsmithartclown

• Validating
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 12:19 PM

Don't worry about condensation - it is a just fine in the sealed up bag. Just watch out for contams. 85 is a bit warm. If a nasty gets a foothold, yer screwed.

Sounds like you are in really good shape, though. My motto is always give it an extra day or two after full visible colonization, just to let it really dig in, but you probably aren't 14 days from fruit...

Ya gonna fruit in the bag?

i was gonna let them fruit in their sandbag...any other suggestions would be mucho mucho appreciated...:teeth:

P.S. i still have that straggler myco bag...it looks crazy...all grey the other day, and now some white looks like it's trying to come in (about 1/3 white now...this myco bag is three weeks old or slightly older, and it actually began as grey)

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!