8 replies to this topic

#1 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 September 2007 - 07:25 PM

1st to pin against tazmanian. Colonized faster than 3 strains. Tazmanian, Treasure coast, Creeper.

Pins.
Substrate 50/50 strawnet to coir. Done Jethro's Box Tek Style! Killer! press n seal lid. no fanning until 2nd day of fruiting. box tilted once.

didn't even have to shake the grain that is how fast this colonized. this is after the 1st generation pf spawn jar was sitting in the fridge for 6 months.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_3873[2].jpg
  • IMG_3874[2].jpg

#2 Guest_vinz_*

Guest_vinz_*

Posted 07 September 2007 - 05:03 AM

cant wait for this eatyu!!:bow:

#3 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 08:17 AM

multispore , yes ?

#4 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 September 2007 - 08:36 AM

yes hip. its actually a print from around 2003. The print was made into several syringes and one made it this far to this year. So these syringes are from 2003 that sat in the fridge this long. Then in march it was injected and colonized on brf pf style jars using coarse ground vermiculite. This was then kept in the fridge for 6 months.

i had tried to revive this old mycelia once before last year. the bin was 100% colonized and at that time i was testing monotubs with lids on them and no fanning. well, sad to say but about 6 bins of allen were tossed out because of this. at first i thought it might be the weak strain, however, it was the co2 buildup without any fresh burst of oxygen that caused the contamination because here we are 6 months later and its thriving!

at first i was a bit worried. as you can see, the mycelia is very cottony looking and fuzzy. the ends of the mycelia almost appear to be singed. and it actually appears that the top sub level or pinning level is over saturated with water. however, when i saw these pins i had no worries. i tried something a bit ago. i waited a few days when i birthed the bins. i gave them a good blast of hairdryer air for 2 seconds a few days after birth. well, this ended up contaminating two bins. i think at the early stages of pinning, the mycelia was more vulnerable and something was introduced by the hairdryer. so now, i don't fan until 2 days after pins form. so this bin will be fanned soon with the hairdryer. its looking really good right now. i love this strain.

its by far one of the best cubie strains i have worked with. dense fruits, heavy spores, consistent flushes, heavy pinsets, very resilient in adverse situations where other cubie strains fail and die.

#5 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 September 2007 - 08:32 PM

chamber shots.

...first three chamber shots. also good pointer. you can use the humidity in the chamber to your advantage by using it to press the black plastic bag onto the side of the chamber. this seems to be a good thing. the press n seal is double wide. this 3rd pic or so shows the slight gap. usually with saran wrap this is where the open part is. its semi open and hangs loosely. you can see in the press n seal that it doesn't do this. it seals nicely. so corners need to be opened or maybe one hairdry a week.

the light source in the two bottom shots is coming from behind the camera. so towards the camera. its in a dark corner.

#6 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 September 2007 - 08:36 PM

ive tried to upload these pics 15 times with no luck until now. it says invalid thread specified when it finally links to the server.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_3882[1].jpg
  • IMG_3881[1].jpg
  • IMG_3877[1].jpg
  • IMG_3876[1].jpg
  • IMG_3875[1].jpg

#7 eastwood

eastwood

Dragon Bait

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,612 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 September 2007 - 08:49 PM

Eatyualive DOES IT AGAIN... always enjoy your posts..

#8 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 September 2007 - 08:59 PM

Beauty pinset.

I love the look of an uncased sub...reminds me of new snow.

#9 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 September 2007 - 02:49 PM

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_3889[1].jpg
  • IMG_3885[1].jpg
  • IMG_3888[1].jpg

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!