Wow, I read the forums some more and I am stunned by the hatred, accusations and lies that are being spread here about Jochen Gartz, [redacted] and Magic Mushrooms Around The World. A user named "No One of Importance" is the worst offender. I cannot even BEGIN to address all the horrible accusations this person levies against Jochen Gartz. The thread ("Jochen Gartz Busted in Germany for Mushrooms), appropriately relegated to "Trash Talk", is closed to replies.
The following however, speaks volumes, mainly because NONE of it is true:
A brief tale of [redacted] (350 pounds or more in weight), with a slightly smaller heavy daughter).
This woman, through maile to me from Dr. Gartz, invoice papers from Hometead Book Co. The major publishers and distributors of new age and ne culture booksm, psychedelic art, underground comics, new age calendars, mushroom books and most major drug books, mushroom gowing kits, and their monthly add in High times since issue one in 1974 has been roughly form $1000. the first year (4 issues) 1975 (6) issues and form 1916 to the present, $2000 per month, provided me with letters of her attempting to sell Gartz' 1996 version of "Magic Mushrooms Around the World."
Gartz wrote me hwo she cheated him over and over ont he price for the cost of printing, gertting a $1000s here, $1500s there, $2000s, and another $1500. Before the book appeared in p-rint.
In the meantime, she printed 200- copies of a distributor's edition with really high quality photographs and a nice cover. Inside it reads as copy number 189 and has an acetate lamenated coover, something the copy sold through Amazon and a few other companies did not have ontheir copies. Only 200 copies had the shiny cover.
Now Gartz sent me letters of her keeping all sales repiepts ofthe book and using the profitss for her payment for working for Gartz. And then she wrote gartz a really nassty lett o f what she was going to do to me for saying her photo reproduction was the worst i had ever seen in a printed book. Shi, my Magic mushrooms of the Pacigic northwest has 12 colored photographs that are perfect color and it cost me .58 cents for two sides of color andthe rest of the book.
So bhecause of her nastly letters and what she did to a man I considered at the time to be my friend, I decided I would write on numerous mushroom websites what this woman had done.
The next day, at a private lecture by Rick Doblin of MAPS, I, Gartz, Ott, and Ann and Sasha Shulgin attended this lecture and that is how Imet her.
At the time, and her heavy german accent, I personally did not like her but kept mymouth shut since she appeared to be a friend of gartz.
Whoever you are "No One of Importance" you seem to think that you're important enough that your readers will believe anything you pull out of your nether regions.
The world of psychedelic mycologists is a very small one and you must know you cannot malign people indiscriminately without consequence. I have known Ms. [redacted] professionally for many years. I assisted with some of the illustrations for the English translation of "Magic Mushrooms Around The World".
1) "A brief tale about [redacted]" - You forgot an adjective: "A brief fictional tale about [redacted]"
2) She is nowhere near 350 lbs in weight and never has been. Besides, what does anything being discussed on here have to do with a person's weight? Unless of course, you're saying that overweight people are despicable on general principle, which is a great way of saying "Hey, look at me - I'm a bigot!"
3) [redacted] has no children of any gender or weight. But again, way to show your true character. Not only are you lying through your teeth, you have absolutely no qualms about dragging people's children - fictional as they may be - into your personal flame wars online. Classy.
4) Your second paragraph is so poorly written and error-riddled that it cannot be parsed into anything comprehensible.
5) Throwing dollar numbers around that you pulled out of thin air just makes you look desperate. Of course there were printing and production costs - do you think books get printed for free? The English version was self-published and self-financed and all those associated with the project, including [redacted] and Jochen Gartz and myself invested time, money and resources to bring the book to any English-speaking audience.The book had a 1-time, limited edition run of 5,000 copies. In the end, the project didn't even break even. No profits were made by anyone from the sale of the English edition. But I'm sure you can make up some more stuff to "prove" me wrong.
6) A dozen review copies with clear covers were produced, not 200. They were clearly marked, and not for distribution or sale. They were not numbered in any way, and nothing was hand-written on them.
7) Next, you're admitting that you have a vendetta against Ms. [redacted] because the two of you disagreed on the quality of the pictures in the English book. Is it possible to be any more immature than that?
8) Next, you admit that you have spread lies about [redacted] - and I'm sure about Jochen Gartz - on other websites as well. High school lunch room bullying at its best.
9) Ms. [redacted] has no accent, as she grew up bilingually. But hey, thanks for admitting that you are so unbelievably shallow you will dislike a person because English may noticeably not be their first language. Not to mention that it is utterly hilarious of you to accuse anyone of any linguistic shortcomings in a post such as the above that is so riddled with spelling, grammar, punctuation and syntax errors as to be virtually incomprehensible much of the time.
Defending Jochen Gartz from your vile attacks would take dozens of pages. I don't know what this man ever did to you. Maybe making up trashy lies about people you clearly don't know is how you get your jollies. Either way, those with critical thinking skills who are reading this can independently verify much of the info I posted above. I can tell those reading this that your trash talk of Jochen Gartz is just more of the same - Plain and simple trash.
I am new to this particular forum. It was recommended to me and I expected to find some quality content here. But seeing such vicious, unfounded, personal attacks that go on for pages and pages is really disappointing. I had really hoped to find reputable contributors and information here.