• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Dlox421

Dlox421

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 12:18 PM

hey guys, had a little free time and just wanted to see how many of my fellow mycotopians are gun owners.

self collection:

S&W 6906 9mm
Bennelli Nova 12 Gauge
Tek 9 9mm

#2 carl

carl

STONE FREE

• Expired Member
  • 395 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 03:18 PM

colt ar-15,sig sauer p226, desert eagle 44 mag, S&W629 8&3/8" and 6", marlin1894 in 44mag, AKS 7.62,Bennelli 3 1/2" autoloader in 12ga. ,rem.870 pump 12ga. ,colt delta elite 10mm, all of them are like family,lots of love & fun!

#3 camo

camo

kombucha mushroom people

• Expired Member
  • 65 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 04:06 PM

nice nice gun colection there bras..i got a remington 870 express pump 12 and a horton hunter cross bow..of course i owe my dad about 350 before i get them back..but oh oh what fun thy are..ive deff been thinkin about gettin a room sweeper 9milly style..ill havee to just sasve the money

#4 Endo

Endo

Learning Via Osmosis

• Expired Member
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 04:51 PM

im sure it varies by state but do you have to have a permit for everything? or just a hand gun/ conceled weapon?

#5 Sideshow

Sideshow

Screaming Meatball

• Expired Member
  • 397 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 07:08 PM

I myself have been meaning to start a poll or thread into mycotopiates' 2nd Amendment view. I originally thought that most would be against, but now after hanging around for a while I am leaning twards the opposite opinion. I theorize that most 'topiates are probobly constitutionalists.

CZ75B - Awesome 9mm, as good as a 92F or SIG226, but without the outrageous $tag. The number of handguns that clone it's design are mind boggling

Taurus 609, .357 snub, crimson trace grips, MagSafe frangible bullets. Got this b/c wearing that CZ is like carrying an anvil.

Small .25 auto i picked up for a song

AR-15 lower reciever that I haven't gotten around to getting the full upper / lower parts kit and putting it together myself. DIY and save!!!!

Endo- State laws govern firearms legislation in all but a handfull of cases. Carrrying or possessing a firearm may be legal in one state (with or without a permit) and a serious felony in another state. Go figure. For example, in Vermont, you may carry a concealed firearm without a permit of any kind. In NJ, a permit is required to even purchase a firearm, and another id card is required to purchase a handgun. NJ state issues Concealed Weapons permits in only the most dire of circumstances - meaning Joe Shmoe ain't gettin one. Possesion of an AK47 or other assault weapons are also outright banned there. Most other states allow you to purchase an assault weapon with no waiting period whatsoever.

A good website to research is Packing.org

#6 claykrys

claykrys

Still at it

• Expired Member
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 07:16 PM

Win lever action 30-30
Rem 1100 12 ga
Browning 20 ga over and under
2 Rem .22 long rifles
Win 7mag
Browning 9mm
Llama .38
Old Springfield ww2 infiltry rifle 30/06

Last week there was an old guy in a small town I live near selling a Glock 45 that had been shot only a few times (20 to 30) that he was selling for $450.00. I tried like hell to come up with the cash, but it was gone just a few hours after he put up the sign at the local grocery store. I don't recall the model # or anything, but it was a damn nice gun. He claimed the lazer sight that came with it was worth over $300.

#7 PsychoDrogue

PsychoDrogue

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 08:49 PM

im sure it varies by state but do you have to have a permit for everything? or just a hand gun/ conceled weapon?

you usually just need a background check to purchase a gun. if you want to carry it you need the carry permit. but just to own a handgun, in most states its just the initial background check if you buy it new.

if you were going a little bigger you can get a machine gun license.i think its called class 3 or 5. i forget. but you do need the license to legally own one of those even if you dont carry it. it covers everything from full autos to shorty shotguns. i regularly see rocket/grenade launchers of many varieties at class 3 shoots but i'm not sure if they are included in this group and available behind the same laws.

#8 fattyz

fattyz

headless horseman

• Expired Member
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 09:17 AM

BTW dlox, I have that git in you avatar. (one of four) Mine is an Epi and it has 2 single coil pickups. I don't think they are standard in gold tops. Sounds great.

I have a S&W airweight 38 cal. red dot on the grip, an old breach loader single shot 12g that I refinished, and a winchester 22 bolt action with a six shot clip that will take anything from a cb cap to long rifle. They made a 10 shot clip for it but I have not been able to get one.

Happy shooting!

FattyZ

#9 camMyco

camMyco

Modified Honey

• Expired Member
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 11:54 AM

S&W Performance center 45,
Colt 1911 .45,
Glock 21 .45,
American Daranger .45
Red Hawk .44
Colt Combat .45
Ruger 10-.22

I think that's it...

#10 Dlox421

Dlox421

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 01:13 AM

my guitar is actually a epiphone, i have the ace frehely model but im looking into swapping out 57 classics for my dizmarios

#11 Cheebabear

Cheebabear

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 263 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 02:00 AM

I own a Tauras .357 7 shot revolver, that's pretty much it. One day I'd like to buy a 9mm but I can't afford one at the moment.

I'd like to get my concealed weapons permit just so I can carry inside my truck, but I'm not sure how much that involves or what it costs.

#12 Dlox421

Dlox421

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 12:28 PM

all depends on where you live man, some places it only takes a application and it goes to the chief of police for approval. Some spots you need to go threw extensive training in classes before a certain class is issued. Where i grew up you only needed to be 18 to own/buy a rifle (shotgun, assault, hunting) and could legally possess a handgun at the age of 18 but couldnt legally buy the handgun threw a firearms distributor. Also we were able to carry unconcealed at 21 with no permit, but like i said it didnt cost anything for the lisence to conceal unless you were approved and in fact given the lisence, then it cost 10.00 lol

#13 Dlox421

Dlox421

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 12:31 PM

dont want to mix interest with politics but i take it none of you guys are voting for hillary?

#14 Ras Asad

Ras Asad

Amor vincit omnia

• Expired Member
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 01:59 PM

nice mates,

I dont hunt or anything like that...but this what Ive got left now. I gave a few away to my brothers cuz I really didnt need em, and I jus got the watchdog in january.:)

Mossburg 12ga watchdog
S&W 1012 S
S&W .38 Rev.

ohh, we've got an old .44 slug out at the pops house that we use like once a year for target practice, but I dont know who its made by....

I almost bought an SKS a few months ago for like 150 bucks, but decided not to. cheap as hell, but ehh...

only the watchdog stays with me.

#15 Dlox421

Dlox421

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 03:20 PM

i actually looked at a couple mossburgs but really didnt find anything that met my fancy, they all felt so rickety, no punt intended. i shopped around for a good couple weeks when i went 12gauge shopping looked at the remingtons / mossburgs/ saiga's , but i finally just fucked up the extra cash and ultimately went with benelli. i wont every buy my shotguns from a diff manufacturer, have over 10,000 shots of birdshot threw it and probally 1000 slugs, and its never burped our hick up'd on me at once. extremely efficiant guns. everything you need to break it down in the bush is on the gun.

have alot of friends that have remi's and moss's but they all drool over mine lol.. its all money and i just happened to have a little more that weekend than i should have, otherwise i would have went with a moss.. anyone ever hear of tom knapp?

if you anyone has a spare minute look him up on YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

guys incredible

#16 Ras Asad

Ras Asad

Amor vincit omnia

• Expired Member
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 03:26 PM

yeah man, lotta mossburgs feel rickety, not the watchdog tho... did you check them out?? Thats the only reason I got it, it was nice n compact and solid.

Yeah Benellis are sweet mate!!:D

Ill check out ya link, Bless

#17 Dlox421

Dlox421

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 03:49 PM

no i dont think i ever looked at that model, if i did it may have been used if its as tight as you say it is, i looked from like the 200.00 to 600.00 range so i dont know.

Tom Knapp is amazing deff wouldnt want to be on the otherside of a shoot out against him.

im thinking about purchasing another benelli in a couple months after i get the .308 i want..

benelli m4 is a filthy gun.

#18 SWIM

SWIM

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 172 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 09:42 PM

Full-auto, suppressors, and short-barrelled rifles and shotguns are Class 3 under the National Firearms Act. Extensive background check, 200 dollar tax (that was a lot in 1934 when the NFA was passed) and a sign-off by a local chief law enforcement officer. Class 3 is legal in Wisconsin, but no chief anywhere near this big city will sign the form.

Rockets and artillery shells are destructive devices;; separate paperwork for every single one.

BTW, there are a quarter million legally registered machine guns in private hands in the US. The only one used to commit a murder belonged to a rogue cop.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!