Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

My first - WBS, Bulk, My own spores, and HOPEFULLY LC. Give me advice, thx.

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Dexter

Dexter

I think, therefore I am!

• Expired Member
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 02:04 PM

I got mine at lowes, its call soil moist in the gardening center at about $12.00 for a qt sized jar.(it goes a long way)

#22 darknezz7

darknezz7

Mycoentrepreneur

• Expired Member
  • 202 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 08:18 PM

after only 1 day in my new incubator at 85-90 and after shaking look at them now! (im trying to stabilize temp at 86)

cant wait to spawn these babies:amazed:

Ok... heres finally a decent pic of my lc, its been over 2 weeks... I just dumped one of them out(the one with brown crap on the white crap) I'm gonna make another one tonight. I guess ill just use a 1/8in hole with polyfil and several coffee filters. I'm not sure if my problem is no fae or not right mix/not enough nutrients with just karo.

#23 darknezz7

darknezz7

Mycoentrepreneur

• Expired Member
  • 202 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 12:16 PM

I made a new LC, it carmalized a little... oh well it will be ok right?

I used 2cups and 28ccs (500ml) water to a tablespoon of karo light with vanilla.

This morning I put a full spore syringe into it and I'm using an airport syringe. Its in my incubator (currently only 82 cause it gets cold in there overnight) I hope this one works better.

Is the other one I have usable? (see above pic)

My casing still have not pinned, or changed at all for 17 days.... Is it cause it gets around 60 all night in that room?
(I tried to put a pic but it said I don't have permission...)

#24 karmadiver

karmadiver

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 211 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 12:41 PM

Looks great, just make sure to keep watch on the jars next to your heat bomb so they are not getting alot hotter then the other jars.

kd

#25 darknezz7

darknezz7

Mycoentrepreneur

• Expired Member
  • 202 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 01:03 PM

Yeah I rotate them every other day. I put the ones not as colonized next to the HB it really speeds them up.

#26 darknezz7

darknezz7

Mycoentrepreneur

• Expired Member
  • 202 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 10:46 PM

heres some new pics

my questions

how long should i wait until after wbs are colonized on the outside to take them out? imediatly, a day, or a few like brf?

second pic has a black thing in it, looks kinda weird, think its just the big brown seeds and moist against the glass?

check my new quart jars out, 8 of em, they were inoculated on the 1st! finally some quick growth for me.

oh yeah, a little bit ago i went and got 2 bags of cow poo from the field next to me. most of them have white stuff gowin through them. i have them spread out on plastic to weather for a few days cause some of them are a little fresh. gotta get straw then i can spawn :D

#27 Guest_vinz_*

Guest_vinz_*

Posted 07 October 2007 - 01:46 AM

what happened to your casing?
still no pins or anything? details on that?

that wbs jar looks good :thumbup:
as well as the growth on the others :)

normally after a day or two of it being fully colonized, i use it as spawn already..
once i see it fully colonized, the next day i prepare my substrate already and let it cool overnight.. then the next day i squeeze it and spawn it..

good luck

#28 darknezz7

darknezz7

Mycoentrepreneur

• Expired Member
  • 202 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 01:48 PM

k

I took my casings into the living room(warmer) 2 days ago and shut of the fan. I do a quick fanning twice a day.

No change.

#29 darknezz7

darknezz7

Mycoentrepreneur

• Expired Member
  • 202 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 10:53 PM

So this is my new LC. It only took 9 days to get this. Is that all I'm so posed to get? I always see other peoples LC grow through the entire jar, not just around the spore clumps. BTW I put a full 12cc spore syringe in this one... It was incubated 75-85 with a airport syringe. It was just karo and water. So is it good?

What can I do to get fuller LC's, if I did dank-ass potato dextrose method would that grow thick?

Oh yeah, my casing have been in warmer room for almost a week now and still no change. I think soon I'm gonna toss them into an outdoor pile, when I do my wbs jars, prolly sunday.

thanks

#30 scientia

scientia

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 374 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 12:16 AM

Give it some more time, 9 days isn't exactly forever. Those LC's you see that are filled so quickly probably have other stuff going on. (stirplates, started from tissue, etc)

#31 fedshtkpndrk

fedshtkpndrk

Prodigal Son

• Expired Member
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 12:26 AM

So this is my new LC . It only took 9 days to get this. Is that all I'm so posed to get?

What LC tek did you do? Usually mine clump up and I shake the sh** out of them every day after the 2nd day. This will distribute the myc and aerate the LC, as well as boost growth. g'luck

-feds

#32 darknezz7

darknezz7

Mycoentrepreneur

• Expired Member
  • 202 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 12:26 PM

I do shake it 1-2 times a day.

as far as tek I just used 500ml water and a tablespoon of karo light with vanilla.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!