• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 smegma

smegma

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 484 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 12:29 PM

Ionic breeze is better or worse than a Peele-r?

#2 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 01:35 PM

Stephen sells ionizers? Or is that a dumb question? But anyway. My mom has the SI and she's not all that pleased with it! No air flow is what she doesn't like.

#3 smegma

smegma

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 484 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 01:36 PM

Stephen sells ionizers? Or is that a dumb question?

sorry loop, i see him quasi-(but very nicely)-pimp the "Aspenair, dual action ionizer"

#4 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 01:39 PM

I got ya. Like I mentioned, the SI really disappointed my mother. She has bad pollen allergies and isn't impressed with it all. She's in the process of buying an Oreck.

#5 Guest_golly_*

Guest_golly_*

Posted 10 April 2005 - 01:56 PM

The ionic breeze is a pain in the ass, after a few days it crackles as it arcs between the grid plates and if ya dont clean it really well, it'll keep cracklin [drove me up the bloody wall] It does clean the air though...The fmrc ionizer is quiet and cleans the air but many particles stick to surrounding objects ,over time u get a buildup of grime.

#6 smegma

smegma

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 484 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 02:20 PM

The ionic breeze is a pain in the ass, after a few days it crackles as it arcs between the grid plates and if ya dont clean it really well, it'll keep cracklin [drove me up the bloody wall] It does clean the air though...The fmrc ionizer is quiet and cleans the air but many particles stick to surrounding objects ,over time u get a buildup of grime.

so what you re saying is neither? :)

#7 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 02:45 PM

sanopi.net

This thing is a bad sumbitch. It's a little pricey though. . I've seen the demos, it's the sheoooot!

#8 Guest_golly_*

Guest_golly_*

Posted 10 April 2005 - 04:28 PM

I'm a sayin Mr. Peele has the edge...The sharper image ion i had, was about 3 years ago ..If they have fixed that inherent arcing problem then they would have a good product...But u can smell the ozone in the air when those things run continuously -which i dont anymore..

#9 wumpsdad

wumpsdad

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 129 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 04:51 PM

SI is being sued in a class action suit over their overhyped and over priced Ionic breeze. I read a great online article on it but can't remember where.
I have 2 surround air XJ 2000 s which are well suited to expelling their breeze of ions outward. If you want to increase their reach, for a few bucks put a computer fan on top.

[SPAM DELETED]

;-).

They have a metal plate set for catching some of the pollutants.
I got mine for freshness, then after a couple of months of running one in the kitchen I suddenly realised that we no longer had food spoiling.

So, thats my recomendation.

wumpsdad.

#10 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 04:55 PM

peele has proved his product works
right here
with pix and customer testimonials.
any ionizer will cause 'grime build-up',
that's what it is supposed to do,
i.e. precipitate airborne particles.

#11 wumpsdad

wumpsdad

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 129 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 05:02 PM

I just noticed that there is a knockoff product called Neotec XJ2000. Apparently different components used.
Surroundair offers 3 years warranty.
each unit has 17 ion emiting points

wumpsdad.

#12 Guest_mindovermycelia_*

Guest_mindovermycelia_*

Posted 10 April 2005 - 07:49 PM

I have an ecoquest breeze at, I love it for my house, still keep in touch with salesman occasionally or vice versa, kinda weird. I wouldn't use that in place of a glovebox or flowhood, but Hips right Peele's has been tested and recomended by members here and I will proly get a few when I can, seeing as how I don't have room for a flowhood and gloveboxes are kind of a pain - gb's are great if you must use one, but difficult to work with on some projects like working with spawn.

#13 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 03:43 AM

wumpsdad-
plz do not post price lists for non-sponsors selling the same types of merchandise
as our sponsors.

#14 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 03:44 AM

Hips right Peele's has been tested and recomended by members here

ndeed,
and we recommend that members here support this site
by supporting our sponsors.

#15 Guest_mindovermycelia_*

Guest_mindovermycelia_*

Posted 11 April 2005 - 05:13 AM

And Peele is real nice to people here, giving away free prints and lots of great info as well. Check out his site.

#16 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 06:35 AM

Im guilty of that too. A mod can delete my post if they want too. My bad. I didn't know that he sold them personally.

#17 Guest_mindovermycelia_*

Guest_mindovermycelia_*

Posted 11 April 2005 - 06:51 AM

the one you posted about isn't competetively priced, you can get 3 or 4 of Peele's for $260, if I remember correctly. I don't think that is designed to make a smaller, localized area contaminant free like Peele's either.

#18 slp

slp

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 166 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 10:48 PM

I think I posted this before.......I help design the dual element Ion with Al, the owner of Aspen Air. This was for doing sterile work in mind. I have done a lot of research on all this. None of the others have. Here are the most important things with mushroom sterile work to keep in mind. You don't want any moving air. This blows crap all over the place. You want the small particulates removed from the air (ours does .001 microns!). You don't want some expensive filter to replace (ours has no filter, its all done "magnetically"). There is a white paper, but it is there only to let you see what it is taking out of the air. It only uses 1 1/2 watts! Leave it on all the time, $2.00 a year! Ours allows you to direct the Ion output with a movable arm. Puts out more than 400,000 negative ions per cubic centimeter per second! That means the coverage is 1,800 cubic feet of air..! No other Ion or HEPA can match all this.....If there was, it would be in my labs. Thanks for all the nice comments. I do try.........grin. slp/fmrc

#19 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 12:15 PM

Stephen. Do you have link I can check out for these Ion's?

#20 wumpsdad

wumpsdad

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 129 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 04:11 PM

Gosh, I sit corrected[*blushes*]. I have no experience of Peeles and just wanted to pass on what has worked for me.
Point re sponsors taken. I am a beginner here remember...

Are ionizers hazardoous to mushy spores? ie; should they not be used when taking spore prints?
Mr Peele, you said your ionizer knocks out .001 micron sized particles. How is it different to other models?
Do you have a link to your Ionizers?
When I bought mine I wasn't even thinking about mushroom cultivation, just air freshening.

oh yeah, and here's a link relating to that SI story I mentioned:

http://cnn.netscape....405air_purifier

wumpsdad

(the embarrased)

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!