• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 slp

slp

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 166 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 12:25 PM

The main differance in FMRC's Ion Generator and others.....It's in the name, "Dual Element". This unit has a positive charged base. This is what collects all the small particles out of the air, rather than just charging them negative, and then they stick where ever they can. This can be your agars, grains....so on. For more information:
www.mushroomsfmrc.com
then, click "Store". They do no harm to mushroom spores (unless they are floating in the air), or mycelium. If they did, wouldn't be much good to use when growing mushrooms........big grin. slp/fmrc

#22 altered_states

altered_states

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 480 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 01:14 PM

I have never heard anything positive about the Sharper Image product, aside from what they tell me in the info-mercial.

It seems that they only work on the set, while filming the info-mercial, only to self destruct after the 30 minute advertisement.

But during those fleeting moments... It's a little bit better than nothing at all.

#23 destroy_erase_improve

destroy_erase_improve

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 06:46 PM

my friend is buying TWO of his ion generators as soon as she is about a week off of finishing her hidden room construction. at 71 bucks each, thats not too bad. she just has to save a little first. she has total faith in the product and will be using it for agar work with no flowhood. only time will tell

#24 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 414 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 07:19 PM

the ion generater by peele works hes a very well established mycologist and i seriously doubt he would piss on your head and tell you its raining...

#25 destroy_erase_improve

destroy_erase_improve

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 07:34 PM

unless your into that kind of stuff that is

#26 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 414 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 05:49 PM

into what lol pissing or golden showers to much lol im outa this thread peace.....

#27 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 06:13 PM

he'd have to charge more
for that kind of 'service'
;)

#28 destroy_erase_improve

destroy_erase_improve

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 06:59 PM

into what lol pissing or golden showers to much lol im outa this thread peace.....

lmmfaooooo

#29 ixtlan

ixtlan

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 02:58 PM

Mr. Peele, I think I'm going to order one of these units to try for agar work, etc. as well as for simple health reasons in the house. My semi-sterile work area is in the same room as my humidiy chamber, which is ultrasonic. Will the Aspenair yank those fine water particles against the wall of my chamber and run down the side, or is ultrasonic mist unaffected? Thank you.

#30 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 03:05 PM

ionizer shouldn't affect particles that large...

#31 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 03:09 PM

This might be a dumb question but, could a sizable Aspenair be used a substitute for a flowhood?

#32 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 03:18 PM

dunno about aspenaire
but our tests showed that
stephen's ionizer made an acceptable substitute for many uses,
esp. if 2-3 units are used.

#33 destroy_erase_improve

destroy_erase_improve

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 05:12 PM

are there any ill effects if two units are used in too close of a proximity to each other?
like one inside of a glovebox, and one on the outside, but close (just an example)

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!