Fisana

- - - - -

poppy straw..

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_lost_onabbey_rd_*

Guest_lost_onabbey_rd_*

Posted 28 September 2007 - 03:35 PM

i just recently finished an experiment using poppy straw as a bulk sub and thought i'd share the results. Sadly no pics.. but here is what went down
25 pods and stems were boiled and the juice squeezed out of them
this was done 3 times to extract goodies
just for shits and giggles i decided to spawn what would normaly have gotten dumped in the trash with 2 1/2 pint brf cakes, strain tex (ms)
this was done in a 1 gallon ziplock, rolled, compressed, rubber banded, and holes punched for FAE
5 days later pins were spoted and the mini-log was birthed to a 6qt rubbermaid and humidified with damp cardboard
it was birthed a few days behind a large 900ml brf caked that was fruited in a different tub with similar set up.
over all the log put out 3 flushes, a 4th flush did come but it was only 2 fruit..
if i had to guess a weight i'd say around 30g dry total, not too bad, but not huge either
here is what i did find rather odd though..
since this was gonna be my last project for a while i got lazy about cleaning the tubs out
after it's 3rd flush the cake developed a nasty case of trich.
which made me even more hesatent to open it to clean it out..
well with school piling up and work 6 days a week.. i completely forgot about the tubs
the other day when i did remember them, i opened the drawer and this is what i found
the tub the cake was in, was competly over run by trich, cobweb, and some light green mold that looked pretty nasty.
while the tub that the poppy straw log was in looked like it had only been a few hours since i checked it last, no mold what so ever, it was even trying to put out a few straglers, now 1/2in aborts
it just struck me as odd that this tub had never contamed, completely neglected for 3 weeks, in a dark dresser in a closet, in the same drawer as a tub that was completly over run.
anyways just thought i would share.. maybe one of you poppy lovers will give it a shot next time you brew up a batch of poppy goo and see how it turns out for you.
lost

#2 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,759 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 September 2007 - 04:33 PM

Cool idea :thumbup:

I have a bunch of poppy straw.

Thanks

#3 the jesus

the jesus

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 05:22 PM

I've got a big batch of tea brewing right now, what a coincedence. Thanks for the heads up lost. :bow:

#4 claykrys

claykrys

Still at it

• Expired Member
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 11:11 PM

Good idea. I have an order of pods on the way and I will try.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!