Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Favorite Smoking utensil

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

Poll: Whats your tool of choice for burning the ganja

Whats your tool of choice for burning the ganja

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 Guest_Longhair_*

Guest_Longhair_*

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:59 PM

The Volcano!

#82 rockawayrooms

rockawayrooms

Hash Pipe Harry

• Expired Member
  • 2,770 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 03:26 PM

Mostly use a volcano,but like the occ doobie esp if it's gonna be laced with some hash like it will be next week:rasta:!!!

#83 xavierzero

xavierzero

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 02:12 AM

For me my big glass pipe does the trick, since my blubber is contaminated with the smell and taste of DMT.

#84 FDK

FDK

Mad Scientist

• Expired Member
  • 392 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 11:07 AM

I used to be content with a nice 2' water bong,,, until of course
Posted Image

#85 Stoned Angel

Stoned Angel

aka dew drop daddy

• OG VIP
  • 1,993 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:07 AM

What about the machine? I do Love hitting that once in a while.

#86 ukgrower21

ukgrower21

The Experimentor!!!!!

• Expired Member
  • 602 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:23 AM

im just a simple joint lad when i smoked it

#87 highdroponics

highdroponics

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 10:08 PM

I like a regular pipe, especially with good weed...with shitty weed it's either a blunt or joint, I hate the taste and it just doesn't get me high.

#88 cluster1

cluster1

Illusion

• Expired Member
  • 86 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 07:27 PM

good ol' pipe for me

#89 Lilpilgrim

Lilpilgrim

Home Grown Green

• Expired Member
  • 151 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:28 AM

Still Smokin.. My ProtoPipe has been there, A bitch to clean but worth it.

Pilgrim

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCN0894.jpg

#90 Egzoset

Egzoset

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 12:12 AM

Salutations,

The system sent me an e-Mail to remind me that my account here has been inactive for quite some long time now, so this is the spot i found where to make my contribution.

Only, the available poll options don't actually include the 1 type of tool i relied on since the pring of 2013:  e.g. i happen to vaporize using a pipe which is also a vaporizer - hence it's a vaporizing pipe and a customized one to be exact:

Aroma-Taste setup with a pair of Vector KGM Volt - Labelled 640x400 .PNG

[ http://oi64.tinypic.com/k7szb.jpg ]

Above this is my best Sampler/Trainer scenario so far, but in terms of flame eye-contact i must admit i much prefer the alternatives below:

Egzoset's Fully Customized VG Bronze Sherlock (2016-Sep-26) 530x300 .PNG

[ http://oi68.tinypic.com/530g3p.jpg ]

The manufacturer's patent mentions a metal disc (US 7434584 B2 fig. 11/12) but i didn't really notice until i was already deeply involved into exploring this particular item, which in my case evolved into an "Hybrid Core" built like a SiC-Metal-SiC sandwich, for example:

Egzoset's Customized VG Hybrid Core (2016-Jun-29) 800x300 .PNG

[ http://oi66.tinypic.com/30uddu8.jpg ]

It's been quite a long quest so i won't try to povide too much details considering this ain't the purpose of the present thread after all...  Lets just say i've developped a consumption methodology which no longer relates to that of a genuine VG pipe:

Ritual - micro-Bursting method 800x150 .PNG

[ http://oi66.tinypic.com/2cg06ir.jpg ]

It's what i tagged the "Micro-Brusting" mode...  In principle the cannabic bowl isn't meant to be pre-heated directly, instead my Hybrid Core behaves like a short-term "Thermal Bottle" which requires a "Heat charge" to be injected (using blue flames or i figure even Induction Heat, eventually!), then the flame is removed and i can begin the real vaporization phase at last, proceeding in "Bursts", etc., etc.

Good day, have fun!! :cool:

• Skywatcher likes this

#91 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,392 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 October 2016 - 12:19 AM

Salutations,

The system sent me an e-Mail to remind me that my account here has been inactive for quite some long time now, so this is the spot i found where to make my contribution.

Good day, have fun!! :cool:

wow, nice revival of an old thread, always good to read them.. good to see you back  :biggrin:

Edited by wharfrat, 01 October 2016 - 12:22 AM.

• Skywatcher likes this

#92 Egzoset

Egzoset

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 03:20 PM

Salutations WharFrat,

Wow, nice revival of an old thread...

And of an inactive member account too i hope.  M'well this present thread wasn't featured with too many pictures anyway, so...

...good to see you back...

Thanks!  Actually i was only an e-Mail away but i've been on "probation" for so many years i just lost track while the drive vanished in lack of sufficient opportunities, obviously.  Too bad i no longer have as much resources as i once did, not even to re-edit my signature until today as you may have noticed, i must confess...

In any case good day, have fun!!   :tongue:

• wharfrat likes this

#93 Egzoset

Egzoset

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 12:50 AM

Salutations,

...the available poll options don't actually include the 1 type of tool i relied on since the pring of 2013:  e.g. i happen to vaporize using a pipe which is also a vaporizer - hence it's a vaporizing pipe...

Then there's the matter of what i'd really consider the ultimate favourite tool...  Which is to combine both clean-butane burning and electro-magnetic Induction Heat to implement quite a niche feature:  "Bi-Energy", meaning it's either powered by a blue flame, either by an IH driver, and even by a blue flame after pre-heating with an IH driver (to self-generate moisture in the Release/Transport Agent, because IH alone is electric-dry initially).  Below this is IH mode with both Hybrid Cores behaving like "Thermal Bottles" by virtue of their similar Curie-effect alloys, etc., etc.

The point is i could have wished the poll to include a "fantasy" option, or maybe one titled "Time Machine" that makes room for solutions a cannabic commercial market doesn't offer - just yet...

:meditate:

Please click on my thumbnail below to enable its animation:

Egzoset's Lava Bi-Energy Capsule - Sliding Control (see Cust. VG pipe, 2016-Oct-14) .GIF

[ http://oi63.tinypic.com/2yubtqr.jpg ]

In principle this is based on a duo of Hybrid Cores with slightly different Curie temperatures, which should support a type of "packetization" in IH mode, e.g. the injection of a "Heat Charge" would be performed in small weight-metered "Energy Bubbles" (from special alloy Metal Discs with finite heat-retaining capacity determined by their respective Curie points and mass; e.g. when Induction Heating eventually stops, hence performing thermostatic limitation of a "packet" size), so to speak...  Having 2 stable/replicable Hybrid Cores defining the limits of some target "socio-acceptable" (ideally!) applications range, euh...  It becomes possible to adjust heat in a cannabic bowl using balance asymetry in a variable coaxial mixer, which is the analog way (no battery/electronics near a face), though in this specific design instead of attempting to control a pair of parallel valves (1 for each side), m'well i figured perhaps it's almost just as good to adjust the equilibrium (ratio) in pressure drop(s) related to the PinHole(s), via a slider also performing the function of a distilled water boiler/evaporator holding a tiny bit of moist cotton...  All this hoping the net result would be similar or even equivalent to the more complex/less probable Flame-Catcher(s) direct control scenario...

So here it is, my Saint-Graäl of vaporists as it can be visualized in the context of multiple pipe remodeling sessions that occured during those last few years!  That was a fine and satisfying hobby, life-time useful operator skills were acquired in addition to a fair perspective on what's to come next:  i like to call that a "window" and my customized prototypical platform sort of opens it, with the benefit of having a "tool" to rely on - in "Plan-B" mode, where "B" stands for "Butane".

M'well, purists may prefer to reject butane although it's a power source still convenient today.  So be it, then there's tomorrow!  Imagine being able to explore vaporism starting with aromatherapy level tokes, optimizing extraction until even flirting with near-combustion (for nostalgics) in the end, etc.  Without an obligation to endure electric dryness anymore, (DeLuxe option)!...

:tongue:

M'well...  That kind of poll option!

Good day, have fun!!  :cool:

Edited by Egzoset, 14 October 2016 - 12:59 AM.

#94 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,631 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 October 2016 - 01:08 AM

I'm a bong guy, spent the afternoon doing single hits.

• Juthro likes this

#95 Ramble

Ramble

Mycophage

• Black VIP
  • 187 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 12:09 PM

Back when I could still smoke, I always loved a good spliff with organic tobacco. I felt like it saved bud and got me just as baked :)

#96 morvis

morvis

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 216 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 03:43 PM

I have a magic flight launch box vaporizer.  I rather like it.

Someday i'll have a volcano.

#97 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,480 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 October 2016 - 04:56 PM

I've heard good things about the magic flight launch boxes, I've always wanted to try one.

I really enjoy joints, but I'm often too lazy to roll one up, and smoke most of my herb through a pipe.

I like bongs, but they are not portable enough, and I've yet to find one that was completely Juthro proof (especially when I'm stoned), they all end up broken, or at least spilling their nastiness on things that I find important.

#98 morvis

morvis

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 216 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 07:58 PM

I like the launch box because it functions like a pipe, you don't have to vape a whole session worth at once you can take a toke or 2 and put it down, and also control the burn temp by the style that you hit it.  Some people don't like it but they just don't want to take time to get to know it.  It's like driving a stick shift.

• Juthro likes this

#99 Egzoset

Egzoset

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 02:31 PM

Salutations Morvis,

Just in case some feedback was expected, still trying to keep in line with the announced topic...

I have a magic flight launch box vaporizer.

...you don't have to vape a whole session worth at once...

That is similar to my pipe habit and i even recall the MLFB seemed to be a viable option for myself, once, in the begining... More exactly i'd comment that both devices share a common feature which is brief pre-heating while the owner of a more typical product may feel reluctant to forget about his toking so easily (especially after investing limited resources to get there in the 1st place)... Actually i should also mention that i view anything based on accumulation (balloons, bongs) as potentially promoting abuse by design.  So, « It works! » à la Microsoft isn't good enough and years of proven popularity is no garanty that *MY* needs have ever been accounted for before those of industrial$.

There are creation tasks better performed when starting from the ground up and this implies the genesis of conceptual roots before performing commercial implementation(s):  E.G. reflexion before action; identifying problems, remedies and their various consequences...  More specifically the reader is invited to pay close attention to the inlet path length in a Volcano (with suitable focus on A, B and C), for example:

2ntlhlt.jpg

post-129786-0-69611000-1476639816.png

Then compare the above situation to my negative pressure (vacuum) experiment which illustrated how such hardware can be effectively relocated out of the lungs path:

2r3wl6e.jpg
YouTube:  HerbalAire ShotGun (Bag) Accessory (2011-Mar-8)

That was years ago and it confirmed to me that i didn't really need exposure to an excess of fresh-new plastic hints in exchange for some more convenience (to a manufacturer dealing with many more priorities than just function)!

In other words lets keep an eye on what sort of trade-offs had to be made.   Huge clouds published on YouTube seem exciting then heafty price tags in stores appear to suggest it's all justified and yet none of it necessarily reflects the order of priority i just refered to...  Anyway i'd bet often enough the prototypes themselves will depend on what's already available from the inventory, and/or components catalog, etc., etc...

Someday i'll have a volcano.

Personally i feel appropriate to argue that the venerable Volcano (and most followers) would simply fail to provide a type of Release/Transport Agent which my own physionomy prefers, in retrospective... Not to mention successive expenses seeking the St-Graäl while in the end it happened to reside elsewhere!

In addition i'd be careful with slow pre-heat times as that tells me there could be some baking going on inside an oven, inbetween inhalations.

Some people don't like it...

My bet is it may have something to do with having to rely on a mix of conduction/radiative heat with no convection component, compounded with using only Hot Dry Air as a lesser Release/Transport Agent, etc., which i believe to impact on climbing the learning curve since there are (continuously overlooked) fundamental design flaws that remain to be compensated for, etc., etc...  Still, we don't all ask for universality so if it works and the proper operator skills could be acquired then why not!

Hoping it was OKay to post all of these comments here.  :tongue:

Good day, have fun!! 

Attached Thumbnails

• Volcano Classic _ Schematic View 400x500 .PNG

Edited by Egzoset, 16 October 2016 - 02:38 PM.

#100 fungi2bwith

fungi2bwith

cat-monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,564 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 October 2016 - 02:56 PM

I have not combusted herb in about a month now.....I bought the new Ziggy Marley conscious party dry herb vape made by O.pen... http://www.openvape....-vaporizer.html

I have to say, this has really allowed me to conserve product. I was buying an oz. every 2 weeks, now I'm down to an oz. a month.

The chamber holds about a half gram, I haven't exactly weighed it so i'm guestimating.

I've smoked out of a Pax 2, and this is comparable, as far as vape quality, but it only cost 70$ as opposed to 250$.

It also has 3 temp settings. And a portion of the proceeds go to U.R.G.E. (Unlimited Resources Giving Enlightenment) Ziggy's non-profit organization.

Those are the pros....

The cons are as follows.

Battery life, only lasts about 3-4 full cycles left on....and by that, i mean, when you turn it on it'll stay on for 5 minutes, then goes to sleep mode. so battery life is roughly 15-20 minutes total....and takes 90 minutes to charge. So unless you have a portable charger with you, this device is not so travel friendly.

Another thing is that the mouthpiece is a hard plastic, as opposed to a high temp silicon or rubber, and mine has cracked already due to heat I believe, cuz I've never dropped it.

other than those issues, I love it.....

• Juthro likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!