• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 LocoH

LocoH

The Sage

• Expired Member
  • 317 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 09:35 AM

So After Researching The Vaults For A Long While I Am Interested In Attempting This With My BRF/ Popcorn Jars. Can Someone Better Detail Or Explain As The TEKS Didn't Really Click With Me. Thanks Alot

#2 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 10:00 AM

rez-effect is just inter-mixing your substrate with casing materials such as vermiculite so the mix will hold more water to sustain flushing better than pure grain would.

#3 LocoH

LocoH

The Sage

• Expired Member
  • 317 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 11:52 AM

So In Essence You Would Just Take Your Colonized Sub And Then Mix It Througly With Say Verm/Coir 50/50 And Then Fruit Without A Casing Layer? And This Would Still Be Functional With A Perlite Under Your Individual Subs?

#4 the jesus

the jesus

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 12:05 PM

Here is a couple pics of a rez-effect tray I just did with some Falbinos. Just crumble the colonized material, mix it with equal parts moistened verm and spread it in a tray. I like to leave it as bumpy as possible so just shake it to spread it, don't smooth it out too much. I then cover the tray (punch holes in the cover) and put it back into the incubator to re-colonize the added material. When fully colonized just take out the tray and put it in your fruiting chamber, yes perlite is fine in your fruiting chamber, just put place the tray on top. Casing is optional if you are doing cubensis, they don't need a casing layer. But if you choose to add one do so right before you put the tray in the fruiting chamber.

http://mycotopia.net...47&d=1192727096

http://mycotopia.net...48&d=1192727096

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC01043.jpg
  • DSC01041.jpg

#5 greenweanie

greenweanie

Post Whore Extraordinaire

• Expired Member
  • 469 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 12:06 PM

no need for perlite under casings, u dont want that much humidity.

as for casing layers, it helps having it.

#6 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 October 2007 - 12:54 PM

hip its so funny about his rez effect thing. never heard it really called that but i remember back in the day before topia split when everyone was doing this!

didn't know it had a name! lol...:headbang:

seriously if you think about it, what i do is rez effect. using 50/50 coir to substrate and it works out well. maybe thats why my pinsets are so good!

#7 bugs

bugs

Are we having fun yet?

• OG VIP
  • 3,260 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 October 2007 - 02:28 PM

Here's a good place for a question.

I mixed spawn and verm half and half, and just sook it up in the monotub. Lots of the corn ended up at or near the top. Should I mix it in better?

It's 'not quite' rez effect, 'cause I hydrated the verm with poo water.
  • Dabluebonic likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!