83 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_suckerfree_*

Guest_suckerfree_*

Posted 22 November 2004 - 04:13 PM

Where'd you buy them?

#22 Guest_polly_*

Guest_polly_*

Posted 22 November 2004 - 08:13 PM

they can be had from bouncing bear, one of our sponsors here.

mmmm, toad venom. i smoked some frog venom once, it was like smoking hair. i've never smoked bufo alvarius venom though. might be different.

#23 phucknut68

phucknut68

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 106 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 11:46 PM

how do you get the venom from the frogs?

#24 Guest_afraid_*

Guest_afraid_*

Posted 23 November 2004 - 12:43 AM

I've always wondered...how the hell do you mail a frog???

#25 shroomzhilla

shroomzhilla

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 250 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 02:43 AM

how do I become a frog pimp-daddy?! call my place the "PAD"!? lol. its a curiosity to me but um, sorry I'll pas (for now!)

#26 Guest_2cedmind_*

Guest_2cedmind_*

Posted 23 November 2004 - 10:52 AM

You "milk" the toad's venom glands unto a glass plate or something flat that will catch the venom when it squirts out. Then the venom dries on the plate and you scrape it up and can either smoke it or snort it. You should keep it in an airtight dark container.

#27 lucysmiling

lucysmiling

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 285 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 11:45 AM

Yeah I got the toad form bouncingb.com and they shipped the animal in a box. ON the top of the box it says live animal and when I opened it there were a bunch of paper towels and old shirts. I only bought one but then next thing i know another one comes. Bouncingb.com is the best reliable source I know, cause they always give you something extra. You squezze the base of the gland and the white milky stuff comes out. Make sure you point the gland downward when squezzing! I didn't my first time and it nearly went into my eye. They produce about 7-8 big doses. They only down part is that they cost alot for food. About 40 bucks a month for crickets! They also smell. But I love them and am going to keep them. any more questions feel free to ask

peace

#28 lucysmiling

lucysmiling

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 285 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 11:47 AM

oh yeah it takes about 1 hour for the venom to dry on the glass. Dont be afraid to hold them either there nice toads! When you hold them sometimes they get big for there defense mechinism but dont worry

#29 Guest_JT_*

Guest_JT_*

Posted 24 November 2004 - 10:55 AM

damn it i love reptiles, i think i may have do indure in this species

#30 Guest_calicaaa_chik_*

Guest_calicaaa_chik_*

Posted 24 November 2004 - 12:14 PM

I'm not sure if we should be handling the lil fellows like this. I mean, dunt you feel bad at all for using them like cows? Sorry to push my veganism/ALF(ism) on mycotopia. Just dunt buy the lil guys for their venom - buy them to love them - dunt exploit em!

lolz

~CAL

#31 Guest_sweetness_*

Guest_sweetness_*

Posted 24 November 2004 - 01:02 PM

<font color="0000ff">Congrats on your new pets!!Posted Image

They only down part is that they cost alot for food. About 40 bucks a month for crickets! They also smell. But I love them and am going to keep them. any more questions feel free to ask

Not sure where you buy your crickets but mine are about $2/dz p/week for one toad. $1 for 1 pinky mouse every week to 10 days and $2 for mealy worms which last about 2 weeks.

The crickets do smell but I keep them in a bin under the aquarium and you can't smell it unless you are like a foot away. Are you dusting the crickets with Herpi-Care (or another brand of) Calcium first?

Mojo's enviro doesn't smell at all because I don't let any live prey die in there. Either I feed her by hand or remove any uneaten food. Occassionally a cricket or 2 will remain in the tank but I stir up the wood chips to get them active so she'll eat them. She excretes in her water pond so problems there.

Dont be afraid to hold them either there nice toads! When you hold them sometimes they get big for there defense mechinism but dont worry

They inhale and puff up, thats correct. But its not a good idea to continue handling them at this point. I put Mojo right back in her home when she gets upset. I'm opposed to stressing her. She's very good about letting me milk her. Massaging the area around the glands seems to prime them which reduces handling time. I doubt if she makes an association but but I like to give her a treat afterward.Posted Image

I've found that keeping a grip on her back legs and holding them slightly higher than her body keeps her from urinating (also stress related/defense mechanism). You prob know to wash your hands well or wear gloves to protect the porous skin and wash well afterwards.Posted Image

Please! Show us some pics! And what did you name them?</font>

#32 Guest_sweetness_*

Guest_sweetness_*

Posted 24 November 2004 - 01:18 PM

<font color="0000ff">dunt exploit em!

Trust me, Mojo gets PLENTY of love and treats and I don't sell her venom.Posted Image </font>

#33 Guest_hidra_*

Guest_hidra_*

Posted 24 November 2004 - 02:03 PM

I love mojo

Posted Image

#34 lucysmiling

lucysmiling

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 285 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 02:57 PM

Yeah I named mine tweedle dee and tweedle dum off of alice in wonderland. I also have problems with them urinating and making there water bowl dirty. Mine love to sit in the shining floresent light i give them. The other have of the aquarium is dark. I feed them about 4 dozen crickets every other day. and tons of meal worms. Yeah I powder up a vitamin c tab and sprinkle that on the crickets for them to eat. Dont worry i dont pester the toads just for there venom. Actually i hate when its time for squezzing them. My favorite part about them is how they eat. I love animals and hoping they have tadpoles, so I can let all the colorado river toads out in the wild! So everyone can enjoy them. That's cool sweetness you have one too.

peace

#35 lucysmiling

lucysmiling

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 285 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 03:00 PM

I probaly over exagerated on the costs 40 per month but trust me the eat tons!

#36 lucysmiling

lucysmiling

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 285 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 03:03 PM

you can snort the venom? I thought you only could smoke it cause, the flame destroys the toxins that kill. Please explain thanks

#37 Guest_sweetness_*

Guest_sweetness_*

Posted 24 November 2004 - 04:49 PM

<font color="0000ff">You vape the venom. No loss.

Oh and Calikaaa, Happy Tofurkey Day.Posted Image

Couldn't resist.</font>

(Message edited by sweetness on November 24, 2004)

#38 Guest_JT_*

Guest_JT_*

Posted 24 November 2004 - 07:32 PM

damn it, those bufos cost a fortune, it wouls cost me that much money to drive over there and catch my own. i need to get some though i love the little buggers, and DMT is on my mind!

#39 Guest_hippie3_*

Guest_hippie3_*

Posted 24 November 2004 - 08:57 PM

see http://archives.myco...=/5/103252.html

Posted Image
<center><font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">Mojo</font></font></center>

#40 philemon

philemon

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 216 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 11:08 PM

AH! you vape the venom! this makes ALOT more sense. I'd think smoking it with a direct flame would be like sniffing the smoke off an ant while you burn it with a magnifying glass.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!