Photo
- - - - -

Palenque's (PAL) on popcorn fruiting via mycobag [merged mycobag information]

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Peter Cottontail_*

Guest_Peter Cottontail_*

Posted 30 May 2005 - 07:06 AM

If you're doing more than one bag and feel adventurous, take one of them and try just cutting a couple of 1" diameter holes in the side of the bag instead of cutting the whole top off. I had never had much success to speak of with bags until I started trying that recently with other species. The air on that spot causes the pins to form right there, and leaving the bag on the rest of the material helps keep it from drying out and also protects it from contaminant spores landing on it. I'm curious if this would work well with whatever species you plan to grow. Since it's experimental, I wouldn't risk more than one bag the first time around. As hip suggested, mix in verm with your wbs.
RR

#22 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 07:14 AM

hmm,
one could even cover small portholes like that
with tyvek patch to help regulate airflow

#23 wayback

wayback

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 325 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 07:54 PM

Maybe if a failure or two had occurred, what would be wrong with cutting out the filter patch and duck taping it onto the inch sized holes? Just a thought.

#24 Guest_Peter Cottontail_*

Guest_Peter Cottontail_*

Posted 01 June 2005 - 08:26 PM

Bear in mind, these bags can be cut open upon full colonization and pasteurized compost or manure/verm added, then re-sealed until that colonizes. I get the best results from filter patch bags that way.
RR

#25 Guest_ograzebrook_*

Guest_ograzebrook_*

Posted 02 June 2005 - 03:44 AM

Just though I would add my ten bob's worth as I have been experimenting with this exact tec in recent weeks. The general conclusion is that when the colonised sub was left in the bag, top cut off or not, then contamination was far more likely. This must be due to the lack of air and drainage at the bottom of the bag. What I have started doing is to either take the colonised block out and simply birth as a log into the chamber....this has worked ok. Best results seem to be from just putting into an old fashioned casing.

My advise is to ditch the plastic bag upon 100% colonisation.

#26 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 03:06 PM

Bear in mind, these bags can be cut open upon full colonization and pasteurized compost or manure/verm added, then re-sealed until that colonizes. I get the best results from filter patch bags that way.
RR

good idear there

#27 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 10:31 AM

i think most seal AFTER pc'ing, just wrapping bags over w/rubberband until
fully cooled inside the pc after sterilization.
pack many more bags in the pc that way.

#28 bluecat

bluecat

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 05:09 PM

i always seal before pc. they take a while to fully cool, and it will keep them sterile. as long as you have a filter patch, you're ok. get most of the air out of the bag before sealing.i use one of the metal trays that come with the pc to put on top to keep them from blocking the vent.roll the tops over, and they fit fine. i do 4 at a time in a 921 pc. make sure the filter patchs are not under water.

#29 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 05:14 PM

ok, you get 4 in,
and have to worry about blocked pressure vents,
i can get 40 in mine using the rubberband method
and never worry.

#30 doobydoobydoo

doobydoobydoo

Lifestyles Moderator

• Expired Member
  • 2,806 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 02:43 PM

I've done some more work with these on pcorn recently, didn't take too many pics though.. Had those few with the pins on the inside of the bag.. heh..

The pals really like pcorn, dunno why. The last set I had done up I hardly fanned/misted them, kinda like a neglect tek on them, and they fruited 4 times b4 I needed the space for another project. Strong flushes too. Just popcorn in mycobags. Very impressive. I kept picking, a few days later, more would be ready.

A very prolific strain, always producing tons of pins/fruits. Sometimes they grow on the smaller/medium end cuz there are just so many fruits at once. heh They also dry pretty solid and kinda on the heavier end.

These pics are from a different grow then above...
:eusa_whis

Attached Thumbnails

• Some Dry Palenques 004.jpg
  • Some Dry Palenques 002.jpg
  • Some Dry Palenques 001.jpg

#31 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 04:26 PM

merged in more mycobag info