95 replies to this topic

#61 tregar

tregar

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,043 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 November 2007 - 02:50 PM

This is what your mescaline hcl crystlas will look like after an MEK re-crystallization...then dissolve them in a minimal amount of hot boiling hot water to drive off any lingering acetone rinse fumes and scrape them up when dry.

Attached Thumbnails

• Not sanchez.jpg

#62 badger1

badger1

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 343 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 04:41 PM

is there a way to dry the xylene containing mescaline without a vacuume filter and what is calcium chloride used for?

#63 scientia

scientia

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 374 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 05:03 PM

calcium chloride (and for that matter magnesium sulfate) is a dessicant (drying agent). its used to remove the water in the xylene.

without vacuum, i suppose you could just put it in an erlenmeyer flask and put calcium chloride to dry it. (its dry when the calcium chloride moves freely and doesn't clump) then decant off the xylene. you'll be losing a little product, but it shouldn't be too much.

#64 tregar

tregar

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,043 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 November 2007 - 07:13 PM

You may not want to use calcium chloride to dry xylene with mescaline freebase because the calcium chloride reacts with amines to form schiff bases, not recommended.

Magnesium sulphate (dried epsom salts) is the recommended drying agent for this procedure.

Yes, you can dry xylene containing mescaline freebase without a vacuum...you simply add the dried clumps of magnesium sulfate (dried epsom salts), a handful or two to your xylene in a jar, shake it up and swirl it for a few minutes, then let it settle for an hour or two. Pour off xylene layer above the rocks through a #103 filter in a buchner flask to get it 100% clear again (free of any trace drying agent). Then it will be ready to be gassed. So in actuality, you still need a vacuum flask to filter your xylene...this will take about 10 minutes with a high vacuum applied. You will not loose much if any product as Scientia mentions.

If you don't dry your xylene, you will end up with brown mescaline, because it will have water in it, and the water that's in the xylene will react with the hcl gas to form a messy type of titration, hence your mescaline will come out no better than an ordinary extraction.

Dry your xylene and you can end up with white mescaline, see pic in post #54.

There really is no way around it, you still need a vacuum flask so the procedures flow quickly.

This is a big shopping list, You will need in order to do this procedure plus a re-crystallization:

Like I mentioned earlier, I should have re-named this thread "not so easy" instead of "easy as pie".

This is a method for the chemist or advanced hobbyist.

However, the re-crystallization method(s) posted above are immediately useful to dreamers who wan't to purify brown, yellow, or tan mescaline...takes only an hour or so, then let your flask decline to room temperature, then put in fridge, then put in freezer, then filter out the pure crystals, rinse them with acetone, then add the crystals to a small amount of hot water, allow to evaporate, then scrape up the dry crystals.

The best proven re-crystallization procedure is listed in post #57 and #58. It uses MEK and water, that's it! All safety precautions must be followed.

For example, all Myco-Iggy has to do now in dreams is follow a good re-crystallization procedure such as the one in post #57 & 58, follow all safety precautions, and will be able to turn even the dirtiest mescaline into pure sparkling product! The cleaner the product, the less the body load, the less the nausea, it is more "cerebral" and faster acting...clean mescaline is awesome mescaline! Clean mescaline in my experience and my friend's experience (and we are both very sensitive to impurities) has no nausea at all at 400mg or less when taken in 100mg increments every 1/2 hour. Some people are not effected by impurities, but many others are. With super clean mescaline I couldn't even detect a "come up" over a dozen times, just was really nice, incredible substance, it had no perceptable body load at 300mg or less.

* A buchner vacuum flask with buchner cup and #101 or #103 filter disc paper.
* A vacuum source for the above vacuum flask, be it an aspirator and faucet or a deluxe food saver or other dedicated vacuum source.
* epsom salts
* A sep funnel
* lab hot plate
* sand
* cake plate
* xylene
* acetone
* lye
* measuring cup
* jars
* MEK (methyl ethyl ketone)
* boiling stone
* erlenmeyer flask
* glass carboy & stopper
* long glass pipette to siphon up xylene from carboy
* distilled water
* blender to chop up the cactus
* empty alcohol HDPE bottle for the gasser
* calcium chloride for the gasser
* muriatic acid for the gasser
* mip adapter for the gasser
* hose for the gasser
* home made fume hood
* pyrex brownie dish
* fan
* refridgerator & freezer

#65 scientia

scientia

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 374 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 10:27 PM

You know, for a REALLY nice recrystallization, one could probably set up a vacuum jacketed flask to do it in. Just get a 1L erlenmeyer with a stopper with a hole in it, and also a large test tube or even a plastic centrifuge tube. Dissolve your crystals in mek/h2o with boiling in the test tube/cent tube. Immediately place the vessel into the flask, stopper it and put it under vacuum, then clamp the line and disconnect the vacuum source. Wrap with foil, then with towels. Let it come to room temp over several hours, then in the fridge for several more, then in the freezer to finish up.

I bet they'd be pretty ;)

In fact, you'd most likely end up with a single crystal if using the centrifuge tubes...i'll be finding out soon enough.

#66 tregar

tregar

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,043 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 November 2007 - 10:48 PM

Sounds pretty advanced. Over my head, but sounds great!

#67 scientia

scientia

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 374 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 11:01 PM

well, its not really that advanced. the main thing for growing big crystals is to bring the temp down as slowly as possible. a vacuum is really the best insulator, and then the foil and the towels help too. ideally the whole thing should be done over a day or two.

kudos for the write up. how do you prep the cactus btw? dry then powder or just blend it up wet? i noticed the other prep here (with boiling the skin) tended to create a lot of viscosity. any problems with emulsions?

edit: oh, and good call on the CaCl2. i didn't even think of that.

#68 tregar

tregar

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,043 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2007 - 12:28 AM

oh, ok I understand now, thanks!

The 1kg of pieces of cactus are dried allready, then they are put into a blender and ground up to a fine powder.

Then the powder is put in the glass carboy with 1.5 gallons of water.

I've never had any emulsion problems...everything runs as smooth as glass.

If you ever notice any "clumping" of cactus powder together, you just stick in a metal rod and poke at it for a few minutes, and the clump will seperate and the pieces will re-distribute. I noticed one clump in the beginning, but it broke it up in a few minutes, and all went fine after that.

But I always prepare my lye water by adding 9 oz of lye to 1/2 to 1 pint of hot water very slowly with stirring...then when it's all good and mixed, I pour it into the carboy.

Then I add about 40 ounces of xylene. Then the carboy gets rolled around on carpet pieces for a few minutes, and then left to sit upright undisturbed for 2 days...then I just pull off the top xylene layer, it seperates just fine.

Procedure here: on post #32.

It would be nice if we could use CaCL as the drying agent with the phenethylamine in the xylene, I love CaCl since they are pellets and they dry stuff very nicely, but it's just not a good idea due to the reaction caused between it and amines...it may take a while for the reaction to happen, no one really knows...but just to be safe, magnesium sulphate is the drying agent used. magnesium sulphate is powdery and a little harder to use as compared to CaCL pellets, but oh well.

I was gonna do a re-crystallization with pictures this time and post them but I'm having pc problems that happened today and will need to be fixed in the interem, so it will be a few weeks before I get them up.

Good clean mescaline is really worth it, otherwise I wouldn't go through all this trouble. I've done good LSD over 200 times in the distant past, and I fine clean mescaline just as nice if done right.

in the words of me!:

mescaline is the finest psychoactive substance swim knows of... all the power of LSD but none of the freak out of shrooms... beautiful multicolored visuals surpassing either psilocin or LSD... yet it is characterised by an extreme feeling of peace and well being and connectedness to Everything That Is... swim has never heard of anyone ever having a bad trip on the stuff... never, ever, ever... it is very, very kind...

If you like chemistry, you can learn alot from this process. It's a real positive learning experience.

I'm having PC problems, so it will be several weeks before I'm back with some pics of the re-crystallization process, before and after photos, etc. I need to re-install windows, and all my shit. This will take some time. Thanks for the kind words.

#69 Myco-Iggy

Myco-Iggy

Psychonaught

• Expired Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 01:35 AM

HERE HERE!!!

I would like to second that, LSD and Fungi are great but so far,
Mescaline seems to be the smoothest. Extremely enjoyable.
This extraction has ended with peach cream colored Xstals both pulls
and once enough is collected, ReXstallization will be attempted.
Ill see how well an extraction works using a pressure cooker at first.

This cream colored product is still damn fine and I cant wait to see how smooth as butta the clear stuff is. (We dosed ~100mg about every 10 minutes):thumbup: smells like melted butter too kinda huh?

:rasta:
PEACE

#70 badger1

badger1

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 343 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 03:53 AM

Awesome Write up, u definitely the man to talk to. my cat wants to perform your extraction tek, but cant get hold of 3 gallon glass carboy:horse: the best it could do is 4, 2 liter glass jars. it will be working with 1kg dried material but is unsure of how much lye water and toluene to use per each 2liter jar (assuming that 250g will be used for each jar? your knowledge is greatly appreciated. Oh" one more question. what is calcium chloride generally used for as i am finding it a tad hard to find the stuff?

#71 badger1

badger1

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 343 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 04:09 AM

Awesome write up. u definetally the man to talk to. my cat is wants to perform this tek ( in hes dreams ) but needs some help first. he cant get hold of glass carboy, so he had to go with 4, 2Liter glass jars.my cat is unsure of how much lye,water ,toluene to mix up per each jar ( assuming that 250g of cactus material will be used for each jar) My cat is quite confused about the situation and wants to be in tip top shape before anything gets done. What is calcium chloride ( for the getto gasser) generally used for, as my cat is finding it a tad difficult to get hold of the stuff.
peace

#72 badger1

badger1

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 343 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 04:12 AM

sorry" i thought the first message didnt go through.

#73 AndyLandy420

AndyLandy420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 815 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 05:58 AM

the whole gassing thing seems really unnecessary to me when the standard waylitjim acetone wash does the same thing. why bother with this?

#74 tregar

tregar

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,043 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2007 - 09:57 AM

Badger1, you have to order a glass carboy (2.5 to 3 gallon) from a beer making hobby supplier. They also carry the rubber stopper to fit it. You can go crazy on the lye, for a 250gram extraction, just use 4 oz of lye water each addition instead of 8 to 9oz of lye water each addition. I would start with 1kg if at all possible, and get yourself one carboy to hold everything. The glass carboys are thick as hell and I haven't had it crack in over 4 years, and I abuse the shit out of it.

Yes, good point Andy, there's really no reason to bother with the gassing...the only thing the gassing does is bring you one step closer to cleaner product, so long as you use a sep funnel that is...However, I will stick with gassing as I love the off-white to white color it comes out when you collect it following the method in post 53 & 54 with a sep funnel and vacuum filter flask to wash it with. The yellow-stained xylene washes off the white crystals really fast, as you can tell from the yellow goo-ball picture, you can see white mescaline "oozing" out of it onto the drying tray. Only gassing will give you white to off-white crystals right off the bat, but they still need to be re-crystallized to drive off solvent fumes and get it totally pure.

The picture in post #53 & #54 really IS the color it came out after I gassed and poured off the yellow goo ball, with this alternate method of collecting the crystals, the color washes off the crystals real fast and easy, within a few minutes I had white product as the pic shows...With the standard method, when you end up with brown product, it still is a lot of work to get it tan, and then when it's tan it is impossible to get it cleaner unless you do a re-crystallization. However, even though the product comes out white after it is gassed and collected, it is not done yet, you need to drive off the solvent fumes with a re-crystallization or hot water wash & evaporation & scrape up. Also as other people have reported, when you have brown product, even though you clean it with acetone, lots of it gets stuck on the top of the cotton and turns it a murky dark brown color, and lots of product get's lossed. When I cleaned up my very brown product from 3 years ago, I lost several grams to the cleaning process on the top of the cotton due to the impurities. The acetone would not clean out 50% of the serious brown color. It stayed brown and just sat on top the cotton, discoloring it. Acetone will only take you so far with cleaning...and then you can get no further...and you have to be careful, cause if your product is really dark brown, the majority of it will remain brown--it takes boiling hot MEK to remove the impurities that form inside the hcl crystal matrix as inclusions.

The gassing should be left to advanced hobbyist or chemist types...I don't recommend it for beginners at all...

However, the re-crystallization is another story, and it is pointful...the mek type of re-crystallization is brand new and was developed about a year or two ago, and it works beautifully to return product that is very clean. It is THE perfect solvent to use with mescaline hcl in the re-crystallization process. See post #57-58 for how to do this. And yes, those are pics showing what your product will look like if you use it.

Myco-Iggy, glad to hear that as your product is getting cleaner, the effects are getting better, I agree too that mescaline is more relaxing and can be really euphoric and impart a nice calm transcendental state of mind. It feels almost as if "the gods are smiling down on you". I really can't describe it in words, but I get that effect with good clean product. Good luck with your future re-crystallization. As you get it white or translucent with the re-crystallization, the odor goes away. But before that it may have a malted honey or melted butter aroma, yes. Just make sure there is no chemical odor or taste before ingestion.

D. M. Turner - Mescaline

Poet & Writer Junger wrote this after tripping balls with Dr. Hoffman multiple times, (from "LSD, my problem child"):

More light was hidden in the dark grain that burst from the ear, more yet in the green juice of the succulents on the glowing slopes of Mexico...[Translator's note: Junger is referring to LSD, a derivative of Ergot , and Mescaline , derived from the Mexican peyotyl cactus.]

I gotta go cause my PC needs serious work. Would love to see your pics myco-iggy if you do a re-crystallization one day. I'll post mine in a few weeks when my pc is fixed--I'll do a re-crystallization and take photos to show before & after and how to do the process. I'm sorry this thread is so long, but you can never have too much information or wisdom...read and re-read until you understand the process...a good sep funnel and vacuum buchner flask are imperative to have, as is a good lab hotplate if you plan to re-crystallize.

#75 tregar

tregar

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,043 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2007 - 12:15 PM

I'm back again, I managed to fix most of my PC problems after 10 hours of work, but I still have hours to go...

I caught a nasty ass new designer rogue virus called "antispy storm" and it sucks bigtime that did not respond to the normal ways of isolation...but after hours and hours of work managed to get my PC running again.

Look up "antispy storm" on google and you'll see what I'm talking about...it reacks absolute havock on your pc and virtually nothing works to get rid of it..you can use all the spyware you want and even run it in safe mode, still won't get rid of it, it even disables your task manager so that "crtl-alt-delete" doesn't work, instead you get a message saying that "you don't have permission to do that", it has no program name, so it imbeds itself in windows so you can find it nowhere..every 2 minutes it gives you annoying messages with pop up sounds, some of them filling your whole screen telling you "your security has been compromised, and someone is trying to steal your credit card #'s, etc., blah blah blah", it also removes your normal screensaver or background and implants it's own -- a dark screen with red letters telling you your security has been compromised, so you need to buy their piece of shit product for 49.95....$#@!% damn what a nightmare it's been. It freezers your computer every now and then and makes your pc take 20 minutes to boot up, it also makes your desktop icons disappear. But I finally fixed it only by doing a system restore to a point 2 years ago...I lost some of my software and my 2nd hard drive is not recognized, I can fix all that...it sure beats having a sick PC. That was the only thing that worked.

Here's an example of how nasty the shit is:Antispy Storm Strikes Again - Lavasoft Support Forums

I hate the fuckers that come up with shit like that to fuck up people's PC's and make them mad as hell. All because they are trying to sell a $49.95 piece of shit spyware program...but to get you to buy it...they create a new designer virus that invades your pc and is much nastier than viruses of ages past. I used to fix people's pc for years and was an expert at this shit, but much of this new crap is really dangerous and nearly impossible to get rid of. DOWN with the fat fuckers who have nothing better to do then spend their day wrecking you PC's, and making you mad as hell. All I did was get on Internet Explorer for a lousy 2 minutes the other day, and that's all the time it took for this nasty ass virus to implant itself on my PC without even clicking or doing anything to cause it. I always avoid IE due to the backdoor entry ways it has, but hit it by accident instead of my normal browser and that's when all hell broke loose. FUCK virus creating hackers...may you all rott in hell.

#76 Myco-Iggy

Myco-Iggy

Psychonaught

• Expired Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 12:36 PM

Jesus, at least your informed and can do something about it.
Good job getting your PC back man!

#77 badger1

badger1

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 343 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 04:31 PM

would you suggest :mistrust: do waylitjims mescaline extraction followed through with a recrystallization? I just really like the idea of really clean end product

#78 tregar

tregar

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,043 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2007 - 05:34 PM

yes.

I followed foaf's tek, uses a single glass carboy, no freezing: Board Message

Waylitjim's tek: http://mycotopia.net...action-tek.html

Smacked 12's improved salting ratio tek (foaf makes an appearance too):
http://mycotopia.net...cl-extract.html

Concerning the re-crystallization:

I found a 3 quart stainless steel pet bowl about 7" in diameter and 3" tall to fill with sand to use as my "sand bath" that sits on top the lab hot plate. I also found a compact digital thermometer with 3" probe that reads from -40 degree to 450 degree F, it can be stuck in the sand to read the approximate temp. MEK (methyl ethyl ketone, look in the chemical paint isle) boils at about 80 degree C, or 176 degrees. F. I may show pics in a few weeks. You can find a bag of play box sand at any big home improvement store, or get some from your local playground. You can find a fire extinguisher and a box of baking soda at many stores to keep around for safety, keep a wet towel around too. Pick up a pair of safety goggles if you don't allready have one, and a good pair of long chemical resistant gloves for safety. You will need to build my home made sparkless fume hood (see the 1st part of this thread for pictures) if doing inside near a window. Don't forget to get an erlenmeyer flask--it sits in the sand while the contents are boiling. If your hot plate does not have a stirrer, you will need a glass rod or long glass pipette to use to stir the solvent after each water droplet addition. Last but not least, don't forget to add boiling stones or a chipped piece of porcelain to your erlenmeyer flask while the contents are boiling...this must be done to prevent "bumping" so the solvent doesn't shoot out all over the place. You will need a medicine dropper or long glass pipette to use to drop the drops of water in. A buchner filter flask with #101 filter disc would be helpful to have to pour your colored MEK through to collect your clean crystals, then rinse them with anahydous "dry" acetone. Epsom salts will be needed to dry the acetone. Oven required to heat epsom salts at 400 degrees for 2 hours, fridge and freezer needed to grow a large clean crystal matrix. Isn't chemistry fun? I should have been a chemistry major. Foaf, who wrote the tek above has a degree in Chemistry by the way.

#79 badger1

badger1

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 343 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 01:59 AM

thanks tregar, ur awesome:bow:

#80 tregar

tregar

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,043 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 November 2007 - 08:16 PM

Thanks badger1, it will be about 4 weeks before I put some pics up of the re-crystallization, so I would check back then...will have before and after photos of the mescaline and the re-crystallization process.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!