- Garlic straw chips that were shaken are fully colonized plus a couple days. I covered the sub with tinfoil to repel light and put in a nice window.
- Garlic straw chips that were not shaken and had spawn dropped on top are almost at the very bottom.(picture coming. Mycelium is nice and rhizo.
- Buckwheat with no verm is doing okay. Somewhat stalling out to my eye but moving along. I think I was a bit adventurous starting with 1000 ML jars for tests.
- Buckwheat with verm looks pretty good. I think the verm throughout really helps the process of colonization. It doesn't look as pretty for sure, but it works. I'd esitimate they are 75 % colonized or more.
- Leaves with verm are not bad , moving a bit slowly. I think I will try again but not intentionally mat the leaves down in the jar.Thanks to golly for pointing that out.
- Leaves with no verm are doing better it seems. I did as I mentioned above give this jar a poo shower last nite. Like the above I will try this again today and leave them fluffy, or at least not pack them down as hard as I did.
The Bamboo chipped up really nice. It shredded it really. I'm now soaking the first batch in horse manure water. I plan on also running tests on bamboo straight with no dung or poo-water , but I felt like doing this way first.
More to come, feel free to join the fray