good stuff

#22 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 November 2007 - 10:54 PM

here are two side by side comparisons of cased and no cased seedling flats.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_4209.JPG
  • IMG_4208.JPG
  • IMG_4207.JPG
  • IMG_4206.JPG
  • IMG_4204.JPG
  • IMG_4205.JPG
  • IMG_4203.JPG

#23 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 November 2007 - 09:36 PM

harvested! two tray yield is comparable to one iris tub. same amount of substrate.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_4215.JPG
  • IMG_4214.JPG
  • IMG_4213.JPG

#24 Dimitrius

Dimitrius

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 390 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 10:31 PM

Beautiful trays eats, as always!

Can you remind me where you got those specific seedling flats? I forget.

#25 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 November 2007 - 01:14 PM

Humboldthydroponics.com

lookup cloning and propagation trays.

cased try on the right uncased on the left.

#26 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 November 2007 - 04:57 PM

2nd flush iris bin. this strain was a bit slow to the 2nd flush in the bin but everything looks good now.
fruits are growing a bit more upright bc the bin wasn't moved or tilted. and it wasn't fanned either. just holes poked in the press n seal with a needle.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_4221.JPG

#27 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,759 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 November 2007 - 04:59 PM

Sexy, cause they remind me of breasts...

#28 5thHorsemen

5thHorsemen

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 145 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 05:37 PM

Wow, you've got it down!

#29 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,705 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 November 2007 - 07:38 PM

thats a nice 2nd flush! :) so you diggin on the P N S again eh?

fahtster

#30 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 November 2007 - 09:45 PM

well faht, its an up and down relationship.

it produces hella moisture buildup which can be easily handled with a tilt, but it can also be handled with the press n seal itself. if you use tubs as wide as foaf does approximately 18" width you will have a double strip of the press n seal down the middle.foaf lets this double strip area in the middle hang down a bit so the tub is in turn open air in the middle. and with a fan oscillating over it, its open air. so it is working along with holes poked all over it with a needle. and the polyfil on the sides. can't go wrong! but it still creates mass moisture buildup on top. havn't seen any problems on the substrate pinning level(foaf calls it this bc there is no casing) with moisture buildup or anything like that.

as long as you can figure out a way to allow the drips to not hit the casing, then you can get past that part. this is generally why the bins are tilted but lately, foaf just doesn't care much about anything right now. so its working out for the best. sometimes things just do that, and sometimes they don't.

so to answer your question, yes still diggin on it....lol....

if at first my foaf doesn't succeed he keeps trying till his leg falls off and is eaten!

#31 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 November 2007 - 11:07 PM

not to be a picture hog but this strain is amazingly beautiful. thanks for this wonderful strain mj! you are the man!:headbang:

IMG_4238.JPG

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_4248.JPG
  • IMG_4247.JPG
  • IMG_4245.JPG
  • IMG_4244.JPG
  • IMG_4243.JPG
  • IMG_4242.JPG
  • IMG_4241.JPG
  • IMG_4240.JPG
  • IMG_4237.JPG
  • IMG_4236.JPG
  • IMG_4235.JPG
  • IMG_4234.JPG
  • IMG_4233.JPG
  • IMG_4232.JPG
  • IMG_4231.JPG
  • IMG_4230.JPG
  • IMG_4229.JPG
  • IMG_4228.JPG
  • IMG_4227.JPG
  • IMG_4226.JPG
  • IMG_4225.JPG
  • IMG_4224.JPG
  • IMG_4223.JPG
  • IMG_4222.JPG

#32 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 November 2007 - 08:18 AM

picture before prints. had to edit a few of the above pics bc they were to dark. just lightened them up a bit, they look a bit fuzzier than the other pics.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_4255.JPG
  • IMG_4254.JPG
  • IMG_4253.JPG
  • IMG_4252.JPG
  • IMG_4251.JPG
  • IMG_4250.JPG

#33 gsmith1981

gsmith1981

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 10:11 AM

your the man. looks like you got this down to a science. hope my p.ricans come out to be this good.:headbang:

:bow:

just 1 question i noicted on top of ur dub tub drops of water. when i make my dub tub and start using it will i have to worry about that effecting the mushies like water log? guess that's a dumb question cause ur doing great from every log i've read of ur's

#34 MrMycelium

MrMycelium

Custom Title User

• Expired Member
  • 940 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 01:01 PM

very nice pics. :bow:

#35 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 November 2007 - 01:31 PM

your the man. looks like you got this down to a science. hope my p.ricans come out to be this good.:headbang:

:bow:

just 1 question i noicted on top of ur dub tub drops of water. when i make my dub tub and start using it will i have to worry about that effecting the mushies like water log? guess that's a dumb question cause ur doing great from every log i've read of ur's

its not a dumb question, its a great question. and needs addressing. although with the link below you will find some more info on that. a single tub is being used in this picture. it has a press n seal lid. and you don't want that forming. it took this flush up until harvest to get that much moisture. often times, a good tilt of your box will just make the droplets slide down the side of your chamber. this will clear it up for you. generally no box is tilted till pinning begins.

heres the problem. you get some scattered looking flushes when you tilt your box bc your light source isn't being constant. this flush wasn't even tilted so its not as bad as the previous flush that had some horrible lighting on it. it was moved in a better location before this 2nd flush popped up.

you could always wipe the moisture but tilting works. the press n seal will definitely keep a large buildup of condensation on the tops of it. tilting solves this but you can also use saran wrap for the lid. it doesn't keep in as much moisture as the press n seal. the press n seal is sealed tightly and even has holes poked in it by a needle.

the way i put the saran wrap on the lids is with tape. this is placed only on a 4" strip of each side so much of the saran wrap is attached very loosely to the lid.

Posted Image
if you want more info you can find it here.
http://mycotopia.net...ingle-tubs.html

in all honesty, the flush could be better. its not a dung substrate being used but it is a good flush for being really lazy about it and not casing or anything like that. the dung flushes coming up soon will most llikely look much better. i like casings. don't get me wrong. but i don't like watering them or caring for them. so that is why personally i don't like casing. its just pure laziness on my behalf. now i do case pans. just not cubensis. sometimes to change it up i case. but its another step to prep the casing material and get clean and case it. then wait another week for it to colonize. although the casings do get better yield. im fairly happy with the current lazy situation.

#36 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 November 2007 - 11:03 PM

the one with the piece missing is the cased tray 2nd flush. the one with the full substrate is the non cased substrate.

both have been treated equally with dunking and everything. the cased sub had a contam on the casing layer in the corner and was removed.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_4261.JPG
  • IMG_4259.JPG
  • IMG_4260.JPG

#37 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 November 2007 - 11:43 AM

more 2nd flush pics of the two trays above.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_4266.JPG
  • IMG_4265.JPG
  • IMG_4264.JPG
  • IMG_4262.JPG
  • IMG_4263.JPG

#38 koldj

koldj

Wounded Healer

• Expired Member
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 11:50 AM

They look sweet indeed :D. Do they get any light? They seem to grow in many directions. Mushie - tubs' bad hair days ;)

#39 gsmith1981

gsmith1981

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 11:56 AM

love how your using them clone domes:headbang:

#40 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 November 2007 - 12:32 PM

They look sweet indeed :D. Do they get any light? They seem to grow in many directions. Mushie - tubs' bad hair days ;)

the room only gets about 10% actual light and then they are behind doors that are only open a crack. so they don't get much light at all. the blinds are closed and all the light that gets in the room is through a crack. so not much light. they are reaching for it as well. you can definitely tell from the directions of some of them.

these are a bit more straight up compared to other flushes. the trays were not moved or anything like that. generally the boxes are tilted at certain times to avoid condensation buildup and then you get some crazy looking flushes like seen above in the earlier pics.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!