#1 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,780 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 November 2007 - 08:14 PM

hey hey,

okay, so everyone remember this shamfest? http://mycotopia.net...eap-merged.html lol weeeeeellll... I never stopped working on it. I think the idea has extreme potential. I've been modifying over and over for over a year now. working on it off and on.. well.. I think I finally got the right ticket (as my pops would say when he took me to the dogtrack. lol) same basic idea... growing fruits in sterile environment and printing in that same environment... pretty much obtaining clean prints indefinitely. Now i know some will say that there are holes in the tek (pun intended there). The oven bag is not guaranteed to be hole free. I'm sure there are a few microscopic holes here and there, BUT thats still a thousand times safer than open air printing. not to mention the fruits are contained within that inner container (see pics below) until printing. okay....

basic layout: the big advance of this to the early versions is a variation of hips airport (thanks a million my good friend, couldn't have done it without that technology :thumbup: )... basically a syringe is stuffed tightly with polyfil and inverted... then attached to bag and a tube is put onto the needle attachment on the syringe and that is attached to a fishtank bubbler.. fills the bag up in under 10 min. I can walk away and it does the work for me. How do I get the air out, you may ask? well thats simple... I suck it out. lol thats what the other syringe stuffed with polyfil is for... the needle end is cut off and I just put a sock over the opening (the sock is to keep polyfil particles out of my lungs ***very important***)... I can suck all the air out of the bag in about four big inhales... the whole FAE takes about 15 min. of my time a day... about the time it takes me to exchange my big bins... no biggie... this was what was holding me back in the early versions. The next big addition is the glove... not only is this a FC, it's also a freakin glovebox ha! you only need one due to how easy it is to work from outside the bag... I can pop that top off the container without having to use the glove at all... which is what I do twice a day like a normal FC. Everything I need to grow and print goes in the bag before I put the glove on the opening of the bag.

whats in the bag?? 1. a container with substrate.. it's thin.. I'm trying to get prints, not weight... so lots of little fruits is just fine for this project. 2. a jar with a faht lid on it that stays on until I'm printing so no matter if there is a few tiny holes in the bag, any nasties still can't get into the printing jar... this jar hangs out inside the glove for room sake 3. inside the foil pouch on top of the container is a scissors for cutting caps and two tiny washers covered in nail polish (thanks again hip!!!!!) and thats it... like I said this is all put in prior to PC'ing.. so everything in the bag is sterilized. :D :headbang: along with those two syringes I mentioned earlier, there is also a selfhealing inoc port attached to the bag... so...

I PC the whole spiel, then I blow the bag up with the fishtank bubbler... remove the top of the container, and inoc thru the inoc port... I just use an entire syringe worth of myc water that I inoc on the outsides of the sub (thats why the fruits are starting from the outside, that was the first part colonized.. on the next one I'm going to inoc the center too.) Then after it's colonized, I exchange the air twice a day and the fruits grow like normal looking fruits, only they are freakin squeaky clean. :) they are almost ready to print!!! as you can see... they will be printed to the inside of that jar and those two washers with be placed in the jar after printing is done... can anyone guess what these washers are for?? I'm going to use a magnet on the outside of the jar to scrape the spores off into the water that i'm going to inject thru the selfhealing port on the lid and then retrieve the spore water to make syringes. :headbang: this tek was also inspired by the idea that I want to be able to "flood" PE caps to get their spores safely without having to worry about contams.. thats to come tho.. I just wanted to make sure I can print first.. this is still coming about but I don't see any reason why it won't work from here on out. :) stay tuned!! heres the pics...

heres the whole shibang...

http://mycotopia.net...=1&d=1195175385

here it is closer about five days after inoc...

http://mycotopia.net...=1&d=1195176718

here it is today... notice how the jar is sitting inside the inside-out glove for rooms sake. :D

a little closer up...

the strain is TEX. :)

fahtster

Attached Thumbnails

• almostthere2.jpg
  • closeup2.jpg
  • Almosthere.jpg
  • closeup.jpg
  • airbag.jpg

• Om shanti likes this

#2 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 November 2007 - 08:31 PM

Fairly innovative! Its kinda like a shmuvbox in a way. But its a fahtbox!:headbang:

#3 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,780 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 November 2007 - 08:36 PM

thanks yo... the only difference is that this glovebox is Pressure cooked. ;)

fahtster

#4 camMyco

camMyco

Modified Honey

• Expired Member
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 08:42 PM

Faht. you are amazing! That is just awesome. if it doesn't end up archived I'd be very surprised.

#5 chimp

chimp

Space Lord Modulator

• Expired Member
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 08:52 PM

Thats a killer idea and execution of it!

#6 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 09:11 PM

the big advance of this to the early versions is a variation of hips airport (thanks a million my good friend, couldn't have done it without that technology

:bow:

:love:

#7 Dimitrius

Dimitrius

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 390 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 10:56 PM

Haha! Dude, THAT is awesome! :eusa_clap

#8 vinz

vinz

mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 08:36 AM

really cool ideas as always faht!:bow:
love your work :)

#9 golly

golly

modapotato

• Expired Member
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 01:11 PM

The Timebomb unleashed..!.Heh...Yeah, that's a pretty cool gizmo Faht...
I'de like to see how the water washing will work..That could be handy too..:thumbup:

#10 the_chosen_one

the_chosen_one

electro gypsy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 8,113 posts

Donator

Posted 16 November 2007 - 02:31 PM

:dance:

#11 rockawayrooms

rockawayrooms

Hash Pipe Harry

• Expired Member
  • 2,770 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 05:04 PM

:cool::bow:

#12 LocoH

LocoH

The Sage

• Expired Member
  • 317 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 05:40 PM

:eusa_booh Might I suggest renaming this to "The Fhat Sack" lol

#13 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 06:15 PM

:lol:
not a bad idea...

#14 Fresh Brewed

Fresh Brewed

Seeker

• OG VIP
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 09:39 PM

Rube Goldberg prints:eusa_clap

#15 suckerfree

suckerfree

GATE KEEPER

• OG VIP
  • 3,032 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 November 2007 - 10:55 PM

:headbang: faht sack!

#16 orchid

orchid

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 390 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 11:14 PM

damn. fuck. shit. holy shit. holy fuck. damn....:meditate:
thats really cool. i've got a friend whos got a friend
whos got some jars...um... they'er really cool...
uh... yeah....

feeling a bit inadequate,
~orchid

#17 Seee

Seee

Ghost

• Free Member
  • 565 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 November 2007 - 05:21 AM

think this might be useful as harnessing wilder cubes from out doors..
im just thinking would would work well in conjuction to arag..

clean bag to clean bag

remember youve always got a friend in jimbo

OH YEAH?!

#18 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 08:34 AM

i'm thinking a similar but different way-
a quart jar .
lid set up with 2 airports and silicon ports .
add thin layer of brf/pcorn mix at bottom of quart
then pc to sterilize.
inject spores/tissue lc thru port .
let colonize and expose to light.
once pinning begins
lay the quart on its side
with the light above
the shrooms will turn up
meaning underside of gills
will dump their spores
on the glass side of the quart jar.
insert syringe w/sterile water and rinse spores off
then draw up.
faht.jpg

#19 camMyco

camMyco

Modified Honey

• Expired Member
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 09:20 AM

Thanks for the new TEK title LocoH that is funny! :lol: and it will make it easier for me to find later.

#20 mycobri

mycobri

Stained Blue

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 09:34 AM

i love to see great minds at work :eusa_clap

Fahtsack is a perfect name :thumbup:

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!