• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 galadar

galadar

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 08:41 AM

would it be possible to lay a cake on cardboard that was allowed to be saturated with anything like potato water to say honey water??

also, spawning to cardboard might be a cool new idea with this and cakes as long as the cardboard is off the perlite? what do you guys think?

#22 bugs

bugs

Are we having fun yet?

• OG VIP
  • 3,260 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 November 2007 - 09:05 PM

One way to find out....:teeth:

#23 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 09:43 PM

nute-soaked cardboard would surely contaminate
in open air.

#24 Twisted

Twisted

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 11:00 PM

So, I grew a bunch of cakes, and cut out cardboard circles, and put them underneath each cake after birthing. During the first flush, they colonized the cardboard. Then, I dunked them, and set them out for a second flush.

Most of the cakes, I dec'ed by setting them on top of some tin foil, and packing verm around the bottom of the cakes, and sprinkling some on top.

Some, however, I just set down directly on top of the perlite, with the colonized cardboard on bottom. The cardboard wicks up some water, and you can see that the mushies do pretty well with it.

These cakes are on their 2nd or 3rd flushes, it's hard to tell because I keep dunking 1-2 at a time, and some take longer than others to fruit again, and some fruited at different times on the first flush.

Anyway, the pics speak for themselves. I think my dec'ed cakes did better, but the cardboard ones are certainly less labor.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_2131.jpg
  • IMG_2129.jpg
  • IMG_2126.jpg
  • IMG_2123.jpg
  • IMG_2122.jpg
  • IMG_2117.jpg
  • IMG_2115.jpg

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!