• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#1 nicola

nicola

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 07:50 PM

attached are some pics that were taken today of possible psylocybe cyanescens. this is about the tenth box (no shit) that i have filled in the past three weeks and tere are probably about 100 pins still out there. at first i thought they were p. cerulipes (blue foot) because of the non wavy caps. but as i collected more i noticed the strong undulations on the cap. if you look at the pics you can distictly see two types of cap structures but everything else is the same. could it be that i have found both types in the same place (yipee).

I know some people think that p. cyenscens doesn't grow on the east coast but i'll be damned if these aren't them. please respond with any insight as to my find.

oh yeah they are fucking good too...:horse:

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF0018.JPG
  • DSCF0012.JPG
  • DSCF0007.JPG
  • DSCF0008.JPG
  • DSCF0006.JPG
  • DSCF0003.JPG
  • DSCF0005.JPG
  • DSCF0002.JPG
  • DSCF0001.JPG

#2 vinz

vinz

mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 08:33 PM

those look like ps. cyans to me.. nice :)
good find lucky lucky
wish i had those in my country..
damn

#3 Guest_floppypeter_*

Guest_floppypeter_*

Posted 16 November 2007 - 09:21 PM

:headbang::eusa_clap:headbang:

good find bro !!!

#4 claykrys

claykrys

Still at it

• Expired Member
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 09:30 PM

congrats :eusa_clap

#5 mycobri

mycobri

Stained Blue

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 09:32 PM

inspirational :eusa_clap
and very lucky

nice finds :thumbup:

#6 the jesus

the jesus

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 09:35 PM

Wow, I didn't think ps. cyans grew in NY, or anywhere in New England for that matter. I guess we need to update the sticky thread in the hunting forum.

#7 nicola

nicola

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 10:42 AM

Yeah they'll have to update alot of printed material if these are p. cyanescens.

I'll be getting more today

:headbang:

#8 mjshroomer

mjshroomer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,454 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 November 2007 - 12:06 PM

Yeah they'll have to update alot of printed material if these are p. cyanescens.

I'll be getting more today

:headbang:

You know a daily newspaper with fresh shrooms on them would help verify that P. cyanescens is in New York.

Here is an example of mushrooms with a newspaper headlines with date to show they are where you collected them from. And what part of New York are you referring to.

AS for transplanted patches, they generally grow for two to three years in a given spot and then when the nutrients in the wood chips are eaten and gone, the patch disappears. They generally do not spore into other areas.

Attached Thumbnails

• com-pcyan2-03-2003babc.jpg
  • frontpagepcyans10-23-2002babc.jpg
  • dscn5395abc.jpg
  • DSCN4819abc.jpg

#9 the jesus

the jesus

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 12:09 PM

Yeah when I first read Ps. Cyanescens in New York, the first thing I thought is, oh man someones patch is getting looted.

#10 Guest_floppypeter_*

Guest_floppypeter_*

Posted 17 November 2007 - 05:06 PM

Yo, if I found some shrooms and you asked me for more evidence i'd be insulted . Furthermore, if you asked me to get more specific I would not reply. Dude has no reason to lie. What kind of person whould do that ? Some times pepole round here should give a mycophile the benifit of the doubt, damn.

#11 mjshroomer

mjshroomer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,454 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 November 2007 - 06:03 PM

Yo, if I found some shrooms and you asked me for more evidence i'd be insulted . Furthermore, if you asked me to get more specific I would not reply. Dude has no reason to lie. What kind of person whould do that ? Some times people round here should give a mycophile the benifit of the doubt, damn.

First off no one called anyone a liar. 2nd, I am not a dude. I do not wear a cowboy hat or ride horses.

However, for the past 35 years, no published report exists which verifys that this species is present in New York State.

For it to be entered into a list of mushrooms from that state, herbarium deposits need to be made to a University in said state and deposits of a holotype and then a paper is presented to a journal publication regarding mycology like Mycotaxon or Mycologia, or The Journal of Medicinal Mushrooms, etc. and then that document, once published in a professional mycological journal, provides science, Botany and Mycology with facts that said mushrooms is in New Nork.

And then that also implies that there are specimens to be examined for further research by others.

And I should mention that many mushrooms in the genus Psilocybe get wavy caps including Psilocybe cubensis.

Even Psilocybe caerulipes resembles P. cyanescens at times. As does P. subaeruginosa from Australia and New Zealand.

If a newspaper is used to show this species occurs in New York, then it can be included in the new updated list of Psilocybian Fungi being written by Gaston Guzman and I, as an update to our two prior lists (articles - http://www.museocivi...-Guzman & C.pdf - and a prelude to the Updated Genus Psilocybe due out late next year (Which includes a few dozen new recognized species and their world wide distribution. That book is currently being revised and updated.

Here are some photos of Psilocybe caerulipes from Ohio

mjshroomer

Attached Thumbnails

• raverspcaerulipes2.jpg
  • raverspcaerulipes3.jpg
  • raverspcaerulipes1.jpg
  • pcaeruliesdtm101.jpg

#12 Guest_floppypeter_*

Guest_floppypeter_*

Posted 17 November 2007 - 06:59 PM

ok

my bad, your intrest was to increase knowledge

my humble apologies, thanks for so kindly adjusting my point of view.

:peace:

#13 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 07:09 PM

agreed,
nothing wrong with asking for evidence,
esp. of extraordinary claims.
only the gullible and the naive
believe unquestioningly all they hear...

#14 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 09:21 PM

:lol: Hehehe.

:eusa_danc

Can I ask if you found these in the general vicinity of interstates 90 or 81?

#15 nicola

nicola

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 05:51 AM

My aim is not to make exraordinary claims. maybe I should have put possible cyanescens in new york in the title, but it is in the body of the text.

I am not really that concerned if i ever find out the exact species. there is a possibility that these are bluefoot psylocybes with very wavy caps, (i guess).

I figured i would post some pics of my find because i am f-ing excited and who else can i share pics with. i do appreciate the insight and help, but i do not feel the need to post pics of a local paper so that i can be pinpointed.

What i do know however is that they work and i have a shload of them. so i am pretty much set for like the next year or two.

#16 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 07:51 AM

I wasn't making fun of you. I was laughing about the fact that you may have found Ps. cyan's courtesy of some people I know.

Ah, never mind. I mentioned it last year in another thread how in a few years you'd start to see them growing in the northeast bla, bla.

Got any photographs?

#17 flipp diggity

flipp diggity

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 166 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 02:35 PM

BS deleted

#18 flipp diggity

flipp diggity

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 166 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 05:20 PM

lazlo knows you move it can survive

#19 Guest_cleanjar_*

Guest_cleanjar_*

Posted 24 December 2007 - 08:38 PM

hm... that is... surprising

awesome find, whatever species they might be

#20 bear

bear

Silly Animal

• Expired Member
  • 984 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 11:39 PM

regardless of what it is, way to go and enjoy the bounty of your harvest. I'm going to start searching for wild mushies with more earnest for sure though I am at a serious disadvantage.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!