91 replies to this topic

#21 Phlux-

Phlux-

Psychonaut

• Expired Member
  • 531 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 02:08 AM

yeah i wont be able to go to the transkeii until at least x-mas time
i will collect spores from the wild then but until then...
anyone got em ?

#22 Alaskan

Alaskan

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 03:16 AM

Hello to all. I'm from Alaska, not ZA but plan to visit next Jan. Glad to see this thread here. I may have some questions before I visit.

#23 Phlux-

Phlux-

Psychonaut

• Expired Member
  • 531 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 03:44 AM

where in za will u visit ?

#24 Alaskan

Alaskan

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 12:26 PM

Not sure. Assume the Cape area, would like to check out the interior, maybe Durban area. Wide open to suggestions. Obviously I'd like to try some mind expanding things, clothing optional beaches, wines and local music.

#25 Phlux-

Phlux-

Psychonaut

• Expired Member
  • 531 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 02:40 AM

the clothing optional beaches are in cape town - so is the wine plus a perfect nursery for cacti is there, the ganja and the fungus is in the transkeii, it seems everyone grows poppies in pretoria. Durban also has some potent green and is a very chilled place. a road-trip(the driving kind) is essential here

#26 Alaskan

Alaskan

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 11:27 AM

Thanks. Every little bit helps. Those are some of the tough things to find out. I may post more questions here as I do more planning.

#27 Yetti

Yetti

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 02:48 AM

Cape town. hi fellow SA

#28 Yetti

Yetti

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 02:52 AM

Not sure. Assume the Cape area, would like to check out the interior, maybe Durban area. Wide open to suggestions. Obviously I'd like to try some mind expanding things, clothing optional beaches, wines and local music.

Cape town is a must, also the out door trance party vibe in summer is good here... then I would say visit the kruger park and other spots.

#29 Phlux-

Phlux-

Psychonaut

• Expired Member
  • 531 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 03:18 AM

sawp yetti - nice to see u are here too.

#30 Yetti

Yetti

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 04:25 AM

u 2 . been lurking for a while now and decided to join.. stuff will be off in the post on Sat. chatt soon.

#31 Yetti

Yetti

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 04:27 AM

how is durbs now with all that rain?

#32 Phlux-

Phlux-

Psychonaut

• Expired Member
  • 531 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 05:10 AM

yeah its fine - there have been a few storms but nothing bad at all
never seen this kind of weather in winter b4 - global warming sux - it has hardly even got cold - at least my cacti like it

#33 chronic_minded

chronic_minded

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 11:59 AM

hey im from cape town south africa

im going to be starting my first batch of shrooms soon im just deciding on the materials first. i was wondering do you have any advice on growing outdoors in S.a i would like to get one growing aswel .

:puke:safe bra

IREI PeAce

#34 mestophilies

mestophilies

Suit Up!

• Expired Member
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 12:08 PM

Hello in SA! I am stuck here in the states for a long time to come, with 4 kids travel isn't an option.

I am a djembe player that is looking to get a new authentic hand carved djembe from SA I have one that I absolutely love. Nothing sounds as good as a true twenoba wood drum. I am wondering if anybody that lives in the area would be willing to sell me/ carve/ whatever another one. I won't buy off of the internet direct because I don't trust that they are truly authentic not to mention I want the money to go to the artist not the middle man. Throw me some prices or trade items or whatnot and we will see what happens. I really would like to be able to talk to the artist, or at least know a little about him/her as I feel a person can appreciate something special like a djembe that much more if you can say you have met/talked to the artisian. Anyway any help in this matter is appreciated!

#35 mjshroomer

mjshroomer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,474 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 September 2008 - 01:27 PM

a trade system is nessicary over here - between south africans - please post if u are from za

Has anyone here yet picked any Psilocybe natalensis yet?

mjshroomer

They are in Natal and Pretoria in South africa.

Look like cubes, bno rings or veil remnants and grow quite tall.
pictures can be seen at http://www.mushroomj...org/species.htm

have a shroomy day

#36 mjshroomer

mjshroomer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,474 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 September 2008 - 01:35 PM

now THAT'S a fuckin' mushroom
:bow:
Posted Image

That is what is known as a termite mushroom. IT belongs to the genus

Termitomyces titanicus form Africa. I have posted here before a picture of two kids holding one over two feet in diameter.

here it is again,

See the two big ones on the termite mound in the first image of the four pictures of mushrooms from the British mycological Society

http://mycotopia.net...=1&d=1221157359

http://mycotopia.net...=1&d=1221157359

mjshroomer

Attached Thumbnails

• gi2.jpg
  • bigone1.jpg

#37 Phlux-

Phlux-

Psychonaut

• Expired Member
  • 531 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 02:17 AM

those mushies taste really nice - there are a few spp of them - the most common is the ikowa - found on termite hills after rains.
no natalensis yet - still hunting for that one.
how common is it and how close to the coast can it be found.

#38 Oliver Twisted

Oliver Twisted

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 04:37 AM

Hi I am from JHB South Africa. No I haven't seen Natalensis yet but have heard bout them from some old friends. I will ask around maybe someone has some!

#39 mycospora

mycospora

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 73 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 02:05 PM

Hi Phlux,

I have copies of two articles sent to me by a friend in Hamburg, Germany who went to Natal buit was unable to find P. natalensis.

They are stacked somewhere in a pile of old magazines which were put into storage a few years back when I split with my wife.

I will see if I can find them.

mycospora

#40 morbidangel

morbidangel

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 184 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 05:01 PM

Cape town is a must, also the out door trance party vibe in summer is good here... then I would say visit the kruger park and other spots.

hell ya trance party, i just went to a positive protoculture party last summer. i think he is from cape town area

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!