91 replies to this topic

#81 petal

petal

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:50 AM

Hey guys,
I'm new here but I've been checking out the site for a while now, and firstly I have to say THANK YOU for all the information and this whole brilliant site in general.
Secondly, I live in Joburg but my friend is currently visiting the Transkei to find some Mushies to bring back so we can start growing them here. My God-dad grew up there and gave me amazing directions to a field of wild Mushies, but my friend down there is way too far from that field... He's looked around the area which is called Mazepa Bay, but can't find any yet... Is this not a good time of year for them? If it is could anyone tell me places to look that are close to Mazepa Bay?

Thanks and look forward to sharing my experiences =D

Edited by petal, 11 July 2012 - 07:53 AM.
bad typos

#82 7EyeShroomer

7EyeShroomer

Gourmet lover

• Expired Member
  • 82 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:18 AM

Hey there, not from SA but Namibia which is close, would love to trade prints, spawn or cultures with anyone interested.
i grow mostly edibles but would like to try others as well.

#83 badger1

badger1

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 343 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:09 AM

howzit! I was in the transkei over june-july this year. I searched the valleys and hills, scanning cow poop for 5 weeks in high hopes of finding some cubes but to my surprise found nothing!!. the locals kept insisting that the shrooms are around, but the key is knowing what to look for and where . the locals were very hard up about giving out some information .. so eventually, i made friends with a local.I bought him a pack of styvi red and an orange and persuaded him to just show me a shroom, because by then i was beggining to doubt the whole idea..anyway, we took a fairly long hike though a couple valleys and over a few hills (if you have been to the transkei, you will know what i mean by 'hills and valleys') . eventually on our way down a hill into another valley we stopped, local started scratching through a patch of grass that had been grazed by some very special creatures which are NOT cows :) and pointed out fully developed TK Cubensis growing out of poop. upon searching in that specific area we gathered 15-17 nice fat healthy shrooms all of which the local kept as that was the agreement. truly was magical experience finding them growing naturally

#84 Nexuss

Nexuss

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:03 PM

wow awesome loving this thread , we have a little SA group here i see :heartbeat

#85 Razorsedge

Razorsedge

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:49 AM

Did anybody from south africa find Psilocybe Natalensis?

Yes, I believe so, on a cattle ranch near Ashburton, on the road to the old Lion Park, roundabout '96. A single shroom on a drying cow pat in a thornbush grassland area. Right after picking it bruised blue. Moved the patty to a pile of compost, alas, no further fruits, and foolishly did not think to take a print. They are out there...

#86 MeatyMushroom

MeatyMushroom

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:03 AM

Hey all, technically not in SA yet.. I'm living in the UK at the moment, but moving back home to Cape Town in Feb!

Figured I'm probably gonna start growing(I've wanted to for a while, just my current living arrangement doesn't really allow for it without getting my ass kicked), so thought I'd give you guys a heads up :)

#87 Cabbit

Cabbit

Psilly Naughty Corner

• Expired Member
  • 267 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:20 PM

Hey, fellow south african here.

#88 bigjimmy

bigjimmy

Let's ride...

• Expired Member
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:44 PM

Same goes for everyone else on the internet ;)

Actually, recent DNA evidence proves that EVERYONE ON EARTH can say they have relatives that came from Africa!

#89 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 7,063 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:52 AM

Actually, recent DNA evidence proves that EVERYONE ON EARTH can say they have relatives that came from Africa!

TED talks has a very nice presentation and supporting data on your statement!

To bad I'm an old stoner and can't remember the author of the TED Talk or I'd post it here... shit, I'd forget my head if it wasn't attached.

#90 Nickypno

Nickypno

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:39 PM

I've had very intense emotions randomly in life that felt like longings to be in Africa. Like I wanted to go home.

#91 bigjimmy

bigjimmy

Let's ride...

• Expired Member
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:28 PM

finally i have found and eaten em - pix to come when they come

Brother!

Tell me about your avatar!

Is that a real photo?

Holy guacamole!
  • badger1 likes this

#92 bigjimmy

bigjimmy

Let's ride...

• Expired Member
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:30 PM

Which, to my mind, is a big, fat, FUCK YOU to any and all racists.

jimmy

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!