:eusa_clap nice write up

:headbang:mycotopia:headbang:

#22 chimp

chimp

Space Lord Modulator

• Expired Member
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 04:38 PM

How does the stir bar add growth? Break the mycelia strands and create new grow points? I found a plate and 10 stir bars for $50. I snatched it up and I am ready to find a use for it.

Was that from an Online source?

I was looking on Ebay and all I can find are heated magnetic stir plates and they start at $150.00 and go up from there.

H3, where do I find a good deal on one of these?

#23 greenweanie

greenweanie

Post Whore Extraordinaire

• Expired Member
  • 469 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 05:04 PM

there are a few tek's on the site to make ur own magnetic stir plates. pc fans are cheap online also. I bought 20 blue led pc fans (80 mm) for about a buck each with 3 bucks shipping. seen the deal on bensbargains dot net, which is a deal finder site. the site that sold em is geeks dot com, which has specials like that all the time. i still have about 15 that i wanna make a few stir plates with. Since I am a machinist, i can make a nice UHMW plastic case to house every thing in at work, make em a lil more professional looking....

#24 camMyco

camMyco

Modified Honey

• Expired Member
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 11:31 PM

Was that from an Online source?

I was looking on Ebay and all I can find are heated magnetic stir plates and they start at $150.00 and go up from there.

H3, where do I find a good deal on one of these?

This was an ebay buy awhile back. no heat.I have'n't seen anything reasonable in awhile. i tested it and it worked I just have not had my pc out in awhile to make a LC. I keep hearing how fast an LC colonizes I have to try. I will post a thread as soon as I get it all together. Thanks for the momentum Prism!

Hip what the heck do you use to draw up those chunks mycelia? a Mcdonalds straw?:lol:

#25 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 12:04 AM

it's known as a BFN
aka a big fuckin' needle
:lol:

#26 prism

prism

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 5,943 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 December 2007 - 12:05 AM

I got impatient and Knocked up the rest of the jars with the Airport Mex Pal LC

I do not reccomend doing this, but I have no Job at the moment so I can make more jars if the LC is contamed Plus it looked Clean! lol!

Hey Camyco... Glad I can help!

#27 jrogers311

jrogers311

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 406 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 06:32 PM

Good luck man! Just been enjoying my first sucsess with LC nothing worked till I used the vanilla so I would reccomend trying some if in the past anyone tried and failed with other sugars :eusa_wall:dance:

#28 Indonesia

Indonesia

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 406 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 05:03 PM

LC is in my FOAFS opinion, the madnote! Every FOAF my FOAFs ever heard of has phenomenal results when done sterile. FOAF's first mycology projects, FOAF just did 6 strains lc including edibles like yellow oyster and lions mane. Want to hear something really funny?

FOAF got all ripped off the sensi HP, then FOAF knocked up 4 pinters of homemade liquid PDA the first day(FOAF did clean though). After the FOAF did the Maz and B+, like a true stoner:rasta:the dumb FOAF somehow managed to innoculate one pint jar with both Ecuadors subcub and yellow oyster! :horse: lol

FOAF did all with 1 cc exept the messed up one which got 1cc each of course! The funny thing is, that the one thats got both Ec and oyster are going apeshit, looking to have the most mycelium by far- not just extra 1cc far- wierd, huh? FOAF hypothesizes that maybe one strain feeds off the other or are somehow in symbiosis?:headbang:. FOAF plans on trying to make a real mess by attempting to fruit the oysters with the Ec. subcub.

Anybodys FOAF ever heard of this working out to any degree? And on what substrate,etc?

FOAF was thinking maybe some crazy mixture of popcorn, rye, sawdust, horsepoo? Keep in mind that this particular FOAF doesn't really care what the outcome is.

FOAF has 60cc syringes, with real stainless needles that are so tough that any FOAF could stab them into a tree. Good deal- needles are $4.50 for 12 that are 14 GA x 4in- (original price was 4.00 each needle)-lol.Also FOAF found 1 doz 14 GA- 6 are 3/4in and 6 are 1/2in. These are oldschool vet needles- anybody elses FOAFS using these by chance? these your FOAF can flame the crap out of with your alchohol lamp without melting plastic like on crappy disposable syringe needles. MY FOAF only heard of people using like 16 GA, so FOAF is guessing these will really get the mycelium in/out of syringe w/out damage.
The crazy old FOAF is planning on using a ridiculous amount of lc for innoculation just for fun:weedpoke:.
Anybodys FOAF ever used like 60 cc per quart substrate? FOAF is guessing that a any old FOAF could just hydrate substrate less before PCing(as long as it was sat through all grains)?
Any ideas from peoples FOAFS on what my FOAF could do with the lc w/ both EC and oyster would be appreciated(besides just chucking it- FOAF likes experiments). FOAF esp would like to hear ideas on fruiting stage growth parameters for the two strains together in one bag or jar.

FOAF says Sorry about long post(doesn't want to step on anybodies toes, FOAF just LOVES mycology, but FOAF is a new to mycotopia and is a brand new LC junkie.

P.S. My FOAF learned just about everything he/she knows from mycotopias vaults and teks. FOAF usually just learns quietly:eusa_sile, but wanted to at least tell your FOAFS something funny/interesting at least once in return for all the knowledge gained.

Oh yeah, and Hippie3, did I mention your cool:eusa_clap. Same to all the other really helpful FOAFS.

:rasta:Peace:rasta:

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!