What a shame (LSD Bust, CA)

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_cleanjar_*

Guest_cleanjar_*

Posted 04 December 2007 - 03:56 AM

$2 Million of LSD Seized by DEA
December 3, 2007 - removed link
(WATSONVILLE, CA) - Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Special Agent in Charge Javier F. Pena announces the seizure of enough Lysergic Acid Diethylamide (LSD) to make approximately 200,000 dosage units (approximately 20 grams) and the arrest of four individuals in relation to the investigation. Agents also seized 5 lbs of marijuana, 9 gold coins, 3 silver bars, over $13,000 US Currency and a suspected hash conversion laboratory from a Watsonville residence.

“LSD is a drug we have not seen for a while in the Bay Area; however, this sizeable seizure proves there still is a market for the substance,” stated DEA Special Agent in Charge Javier F. Pena. “This alarming amount, for instance, could provide every citizen of Watsonville with four doses each.”

The case began in November 2007, when agents from the DEA San Jose Resident Office learned of an individual identified as David Behar, 33, of Hawaii, who was allegedly distributing LSD. According to the affidavit, Behar agreed to sell 5 grams of LSD in crystal form to undercover agents. On November 29, 2007, Behar and Lindsay Hogue, 30, of Hawaii, were introduced to agents in Campbell, CA. After a brief meeting, Behar traveled to a residence in Watsonville, CA. Behar and Hogue then returned to a pre-arranged meet location in Santa Cruz where they were arrested without incident. At the time of their arrest, Behar allegedly attempted to kick the bottle containing the LSD under a vehicle. Agents also seized approximately $5,500 US Currency from Hogue’s purse.

The affidavit further alleges that while maintaining surveillance on the Watsonville residence agents observed Tara Bergstrand, 25, and John Lagace, 35, both of Watsonville depart the residence. Bergstrand and Lagace were contacted by agents. After searching both individuals for weapons, agents located and subsequently seized approximately $900 from Bergstrand’s pocket and approximately $1,300 from Lagace. Inside the vehicle agents located and seized pay/owe sheets with dollar figures ranging from $2,500 to $11,200. Both Bergstrand and Lagace were arrested without incident.

Later that same day, agents served a federal search warrant at the Watsonville residence located on the 800 block of Smith Road. Law enforcement seized approximately 5 lbs of marijuana from various locations in the residence. Additionally, agents seized approximately 15 grams of LSD, $6,000 US Currency, 9 gold coins and 3 silver bars from a safe located in the master bedroom.

The estimated street value of the LSD is approximately $2,000,000, while the street value of the marijuana is approximately $17,500.

Behar, Hogue, Bergstrand and Lagace were all charged with violation of Title 21 United States Code Sections: 841(a)(1) – Possession with Intent to Distribute LSD and 846 – Conspiracy to Possess with Intent to Distribute LSD.

All defendants had their initial appearance in San Jose Federal Court on Friday, November 30, 2007, before the honorable United States Magistrate Judge Howard R. Lloyd. All individuals were remanded to the custody of the United States Marshal’s Service. All defendants must be presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

This case is being prosecuted by the United States Attorney’s Office in the Northern District of California. This investigation was conducted by the DEA San Jose Resident Office with the assistance of the Santa Cruz County Narcotics Enforcement Team (SCCNET) and the Monterey County Sheriff’s Office.

#2 Guest_cleanjar_*

Guest_cleanjar_*

Posted 04 December 2007 - 04:00 AM

Hm, I hope having that hyperlink to the fucking DEA isnt a problem on this messageboard.

I dunno shit about computers, but if that link is a problem here please correct it for me.

CJ

#3 Dank Side Of The Shroom

Dank Side Of The Shroom

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 04:29 AM

please dont link us to the dea.

#4 BigStemz

BigStemz

prophet of peace

• Expired Member
  • 596 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 10:42 PM

sounds like some people are just to good at bein intrepenuers. :thumbup: good job guys , hah

#5 PsychoDrogue

PsychoDrogue

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 10:44 PM

it sucks somebody got busted. but its been so long since i've really seen or heard of any that its nice to at least catch a flash in the news that it is still being made, somewhere out there.

#6 eastwood

eastwood

Dragon Bait

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,612 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 December 2007 - 11:01 PM

Damn that sucks.

#7 chimp

chimp

Space Lord Modulator

• Expired Member
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 11:12 AM

it sucks somebody got busted. but its been so long since i've really seen or heard of any that its nice to at least catch a flash in the news that it is still being made, somewhere out there.

I'm with ya on that one.

#8 HUMBLE STUDENT

HUMBLE STUDENT

Keeper Of The Spores

• Expired Member
  • 728 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 01:12 PM

What a waist ...so much fun to be had and no one gets to have it and i totally agree with the above two statements

#9 bb4

bb4

Lurker Extraordinaire

• Free Member
  • 283 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 02:09 PM

it's just nice to hear of some cid being made in something other than a bathtub! :puke:

#10 Doctor D

Doctor D

(Not a real doctor)

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,258 posts

Donator

Posted 05 December 2007 - 08:35 PM

What do you suppose the DEA does with 200,000 hits of LSD? Do they store it somewhere, or does it get incinerated?

Don't forget also LEO's propensity to lie or exaggerate the amount confiscated.

#11 chimp

chimp

Space Lord Modulator

• Expired Member
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 08:40 PM

They give it to the CIA..LOL.

:weedpoke: just kidding

#12 PsychoDrogue

PsychoDrogue

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 10:17 PM

its probably stored and used for a sting later. watch out in that area. i dont really know.

#13 i01231

i01231

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 173 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 10:27 PM

the materials needed to manufacture 5g of LSD are just a few $$. They are all illegal as hell but only a few $$.
Sounds really badass to talk about drugs worth of 2.000.000 bucks.

#14 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 11,575 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 December 2007 - 10:28 PM

“LSD is a drug we have not seen for a while in the Bay Area; however, this sizeable seizure proves there still is a market for the substance,” stated DEA Special Agent in Charge Javier F. Pena.

Wow, I guess the Bay Area ain't where it's at anymore for acid, since after a recent show came through town (FAR from the Bay Area) there was suddenly a bunch of the cleanest acid I've seen in 10 years around. And did "Special" :special: agent Pena really need "proof" that there was still a market for it???

“This alarming amount"

Dude, don't ever take 200,000 hits at once!

Actually, the only alarming thing about the amount is that the DEA has it. But, if the rampant corruption within that agency is still flourishing I bet that it makes its way back to the street; I mean it's the easiest drug on Earth to switch with something else in the evidence locker, and it won't exactly make your pockets bulge when you're heading out the door... :reb:

#15 BigStemz

BigStemz

prophet of peace

• Expired Member
  • 596 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 04:09 PM

to bad they wouldnt distribute 4 hits to every "citizen in Watsonville" !! :eusa_danc

#16 Guest_cleanjar_*

Guest_cleanjar_*

Posted 06 December 2007 - 09:28 PM

The people that got busted obviously were not being as cautious as they should have been.

You don't just go and sell 5 grams of crystal to just anyone.

Plus, they should have thumbprinted the piggies first.

#17 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 11,575 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 December 2007 - 11:34 AM

Plus, they should have thumbprinted the piggies first.

Please elaborate on that. Is there a database of undercover agent fingerprints to check it against? I'm genuinely curious about how that might have helped this end differently...

#18 Felix

Felix

FWAP Member

• Expired Member
  • 266 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 11:51 AM

Please elaborate on that. Is there a database of undercover agent fingerprints to check it against? I'm genuinely curious about how that might have helped this end differently...

I belive he means "thumbprint" as in pressing your thumb in fluff then to your tongue giveing the cops a massive dose, to see if they could handle it or if they would crack.

#19 waylitjim

waylitjim

A Mirror Image

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,706 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 December 2007 - 06:14 PM

Thumbprints were a ritual the Brotherhood used to ensure loyalty.
Makes me think of this post. It's a good read, esp if you're into the Dead and LSD.
http://mycotopia.net...808-post41.html

#20 Dank Side Of The Shroom

Dank Side Of The Shroom

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 09:53 PM

dunno what they talking about havnt seen in a while. proly no one got caught with it. there is plenty there and has been for years. got 2 cousins there that can get it just about anytime. gov estimates most the cid labs are in north cali.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!