• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 LocoH

LocoH

The Sage

• Expired Member
  • 317 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 10:20 AM

Okay, so I know its not unusual to experiment with TEKs, invent your own, or just roll with what works best for you. Well in this case I have found the Sandbag TEK ( ALL credit to Sandman for this ) to be my cup of tea.

Rolling with his ideas, I have been playing around with it for a few months. I have done two dozen sandbags, different ways, with varying results. Here is what I am currently doing, which has produced far greater results than any other method thus far while still staying inside a sandbag and neglecting it for a long time.

Basically, you start off with your sandbag of choice. Mine are 12x10x24 gusseted polybags. Add a container, which here I have been using 11x12 aluminum pans. You wrap the inside of the pan in a bag of some sort. The pan itself will reduce side and bottom pinning, which have been my greatest nuisances while using this TEK. The bag just helps to keep the pan from being ruined for future use.
Posted Image

You then place this into your sandbag firmly on the bottom. If you ever decide to mist your bag for any reason, RH, this will also allow the water to collect underneath the pan eliminating the risk of over soaking your sub. I do mist occasionally between flushes.

I then pull out my already prepared spawn. In this case it was an isolate of Arg, on a popcorn G2G. I spawned 1 pint of Arg, and then transferred into a container like(5 pints of popcorn already pasteurized) this with 4 holes stuffed with Polyfil. Allowed to fully colonize. Total time for this was about 5 days.
Posted Image

I then pulled out three pint jars, that I had prepped 2 days earlier. One jar was field capacity Very coarse(large) Verm Pasteurized. The other 2 jars pictured are of a 60/40 Pasteurized Coir/Verm. This will be for my Casing Layer. All Pasteurization was done at 15psa for 90 min. This is overkill some have said, but I don't like to take risks so I Pasteurize everything to the best of my ability. All Casing matter was moistened, loaded in loose jars, and PC'd.
Posted Image

I then empty my fully colonized Grain into the pan after spraying some Oust in the area. I of course wear gloves with all work. The Grain is broken up and distributed somewhat all over pan. I then empty my jar of moist Verm in with this, and mix evenly and smoothly. Thus we have a Rez-Effect within a Sandbag.
Posted Image

Next I seal the bag up with a rubberband. With the shape of the pan, and design of the gusseted polybag, the bag stand upright far better than a standard sandbag on its own. No more need to hang in someway or tie up. The shape allows in moisture from the RH to run down sides of bag, and not drip onto you spawn and damage any Myc.

Now we use a clean knife to cut small holes into the bag, about 1/2-3/4" holes that you will stuff wit polyfill. I have found that more holes around the sub work far better than a few. This pan method also makes it far easier to control the polyfil and keep it from getting tangled up with your spawn, which was another big problem. Trust me, not fun to pull polyfil of every fruit.

So I place the holes about one inch about the edge of pan, and place a hole every 5-6". Then place a hole on each short side 1/2 way up the bag. Then a hole on everyside at the top about 2" below rubberband. I did alot of playing with hole placement and the FAE in these bags, and this has worked the best thus far.

Final results should look something like this.
Posted Image

This bag is then placed back into incubation condition for around 3 days. Once knotting starts, the casing layer will be applied in about 1/2" proportions.casing all the way around but about 1" from egde.

Remember, this is a NEGLECT TEK. Once your bag is fruited, whether your case or not, just sit back and watch or don't watch. Check on it in about 7-10 days and you will be ready for harvest. No fanning required, not misting. It's all set to take care of it's self. After first flush, a dunk or misting may help, but I went 2 strong flushes with nothing.

This will also serve as my grow log to show this method. This is my third run this style, first with casing. The first two produced very nice flushes, around 2oz dry each bag between 2 flushes. I'm hoping to go for 3 with adding the casing layer post-knotting. May also dunk this, as I have some other bags.

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_0013.JPG
  • 100_0011.JPG
  • 100_0012.JPG
  • 100_0010.JPG
  • 100_0009.JPG

#2 LocoH

LocoH

The Sage

• Expired Member
  • 317 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 10:45 AM

retry

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_0012a.JPG
  • 100_0013a.JPG
  • 100_0010a.JPG
  • 100_0011a.JPG
  • 100_0009a.JPG

#3 Dank Side Of The Shroom

Dank Side Of The Shroom

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 12:11 PM

:cool:

#4 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 12:21 PM

plz do not put the pix in one thread then link back
like you did-
the testing forum gets deleted regularly
which will break the links.
so plz upload pix in the thread of final destination
to ensure preservation of continuity.

#5 LocoH

LocoH

The Sage

• Expired Member
  • 317 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 12:43 PM

plz do not put the pix in one thread then link back
like you did-
the testing forum gets deleted regularly
which will break the links.
so plz upload pix in the thread of final destination
to ensure preservation of continuity.

Yea thanks for fixin that Hip. Sry, just testing out forums still.

#6 sandman

sandman

That Motherfucker

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,989 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 December 2007 - 07:30 PM

looks good my friend. I would LOVe to see a fruiting pic of that bad boy. I still havent tried to case a sandbag yet....but I know it would make some rediculous flushes.

#7 eastwood

eastwood

Dragon Bait

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,612 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 December 2007 - 09:03 PM

http://mycotopia.net...=1&d=1198116195

Attached Thumbnails

• eat.jpg

#8 bugs

bugs

Are we having fun yet?

• OG VIP
  • 3,260 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 December 2007 - 09:34 PM

Looks like another Sandbag-style project coming up. Just finished the last one! Well, actually, I'll prolly wait for warm weather. Maybe with Workman's albino dicks.

By the way, Sandy... we bed bugs doesn't bite, we nibbles:dance::naughty:

#9 LocoH

LocoH

The Sage

• Expired Member
  • 317 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 09:56 PM

looks good my friend. I would LOVe to see a fruiting pic of that bad boy. I still havent tried to case a sandbag yet....but I know it would make some rediculous flushes.

Nice to hear work from the man himself. My first exploratory run in this fashion was GREAT, almost QP total. This will make my grow log here to share with all the benefits.

Today, 3 days after spawning in the pics above, I placed in fruiting conditions. Colonized so very fast. Once noticeable knotting and pinage occurs, casing will commence. Pics too come.

#10 Guest_big2us_*

Guest_big2us_*

Posted 04 January 2008 - 11:28 AM

I was wondering if sandman runs his fan 24-7 for fresh air exchange or does he have it on a timer where it comes on for 5 minutes off for ten or what thanks

#11 prism

prism

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 5,943 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 January 2008 - 11:35 AM

I run Mine 24/7 on High. Seems to pin better for me.

I would like to hear more on this tho!!

Nice job LocoH!!:bow::bow:

#12 LocoH

LocoH

The Sage

• Expired Member
  • 317 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 07:16 PM

Yes, I run my fan on low 24/7, oscillating. Every once in awhile I oust the area heavily and leave the room well ventilated to fight any stagnant air.

Here is an update. This is three days into fruiting. Would have fruited quicker, but I ended up casing about 1". Already picked about 85g wet that the veils had torn on. Very prolific strain here for a multispore.

Also pics of some Sandbag1.3's, that are WBS on poo/straw that will be cased soon. And the fan running. Also thats my new mag. mixer running my LC

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_0034.JPG
  • 100_0033.JPG
  • 100_0032.JPG
  • 100_0031.JPG
  • 100_0030.JPG
  • 100_0028.JPG
  • 100_0026.JPG

#13 LocoH

LocoH

The Sage

• Expired Member
  • 317 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 07:05 PM

So this is just an update. This is the third flush after a dunk. Some monsters here. Last flush yielded about 75g dry on this bag, and this partial harvest was about 500g wet. Last Night there were only about 2 dozen pins maybe 1-2 inch's tall. About 24 hours later I find this.
100_0043.JPG

100_0046.JPG

100_0047.JPG

100_0048.JPG

100_0049.JPG

100_0044.JPG
  • Hippie3 likes this

#14 pcsillypj

pcsillypj

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 320 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 09:45 PM

looks pretty nice..:D

#15 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 09:56 PM

sweet
:thumbup:

#16 sandman

sandman

That Motherfucker

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,989 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 February 2008 - 10:56 AM

Awesome work LocoH! Looks fabulous, very pretty fruits.

I was wondering if sandman runs his fan 24-7 for fresh air exchange or does he have it on a timer where it comes on for 5 minutes off for ten or what thanks

I like 24/7 as well after they have colonized and are ready to fruit, oscillating and on high. I like to wait for the primordia dots to start showing first, then hit em with the fannage.
  • Hippie3 likes this

#17 bugs

bugs

Are we having fun yet?

• OG VIP
  • 3,260 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 February 2008 - 01:23 PM

Yes!
  • Hippie3 likes this

#18 kocos

kocos

The PsYhead

• Expired Member
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 03:45 AM

Sweet stuff :)
  • Hippie3 likes this

#19 seymorebunz

seymorebunz

CHEERS

• OG VIP
  • 997 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 11:42 AM

Very nice!! Good job with the bags...they are my favorite as well.
  • Hippie3 likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!