• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 cactu

cactu

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 02:33 AM

hello all like to share more of the mexican studies. and the firts time my eyes got a glimpse of light.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC00685.JPG
  • DSC00684.JPG
  • DSC00682.JPG
  • DSC00683.JPG
  • DSC00679.JPG
  • DSC00681.JPG
  • DSC00678.JPG
  • DSC00676.JPG
  • DSC00677.JPG
  • DSC00674.JPG

• Samwise likes this

#2 mjshroomer

mjshroomer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,651 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 December 2007 - 11:37 AM

hello all like to share more of the mexican studies. and the firts time my eyes got a glimpse of light.

Buenos dias,

Hongos juanita

Gracias,

Adios

mjshroomer

el hombre uno porquito libre

#3 Godflesh

Godflesh

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 628 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 02:35 PM

:bow:

#4 cactu

cactu

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 10:51 AM

hola mj , buenos dias, gracias, la luz is all around this mushrooms.
thanks EyERod, i preciate it.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC00698.JPG
  • DSC00696.JPG
  • DSC00697.JPG
  • DSC00695.JPG
  • DSC00691.JPG
  • DSC00694.JPG
  • DSC00690.JPG
  • DSC00688.JPG
  • DSC00689.JPG
  • DSC00687.JPG

#5 cactu

cactu

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 11:53 AM

hello this is more of the same in this area a lot of misterys exist, some thatr can´t be name ...yet.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC00708.JPG
  • DSC00710.JPG
  • DSC00707.JPG
  • DSC00705.JPG
  • DSC00706.JPG
  • DSC00704.JPG
  • DSC00701.JPG
  • DSC00702.JPG
  • DSC00700.JPG
  • DSC00699.JPG

#6 greenie

greenie

Stonerd

• Expired Member
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 12:30 PM

do these grow abundantly or do u have to seek em out alot?

#7 cactu

cactu

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 12:46 PM

it took me 3 year to find this mushrooms , and i was looking for him , not just random hunt, , but can tell you this once you found then in the perfect habitad they can grow in great numbers there is no most bigger mushrooms in all the genus psilocybe i know mj will second this since he know about guzmans study, well is true is one of the biggest , the biggest cap and longest stem the more thick you name it,the most big,

#8 greenie

greenie

Stonerd

• Expired Member
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 12:58 PM

very kool my friend. I knwo the feeling you had when u finally saw em too. They just jumped up and said "here i am!" huh? the first cyanescens (and so far ONLY) i found were in a patch with a bunch of other mushrooms that looked similar, but about 3 ft from the other clumps were two picture perfect cyanescens... They jumped up and said "here we are! Pick us!" wish i had had a camera... congratulations man!

#9 mjshroomer

mjshroomer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,651 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 December 2007 - 02:18 PM

it took me 3 year to find this mushrooms , and i was looking for him , not just random hunt, , but can tell you this once you found then in the perfect habitad they can grow in great numbers there is no most bigger mushrooms in all the genus psilocybe i know mj will second this since he know about guzmans study, well is true is one of the biggest , the biggest cap and longest stem the more thick you name it,the most big,

Anthropologist Jim Jacobs showed me a photo of P. zapotecorum he extracted from a landslide area which was 13 inches in length.

Certain species like the P. caerulescens (landslide mushroom) growing onorads along sugard cane mulch are semi man-made environment. Usually inthe wild they are scarce and scattered, but some of the Mexican species grow abundantly in the wild, but you still have to walk form shroom patch to patch. could be one or two shrooms or 100 or a thousand.

Not to get away from the P. zapotecorum, here are two images of P. caerulescens from Oaxaca near the late Sabio, Maria Sabina's home.

This should give you an idea of abundance.

Also, one image of Wasson and Rolf Singer with a smaller collection of P. caerulescens from a different trip.

mjshroomer

Attached Thumbnails

• singwassonames1.jpg
  • WassonShroomsMexico1.jpg
  • WassonsLargeShroomCollection.jpg

• Samwise likes this

#10 cactu

cactu

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 09:11 PM

hello i like to show you guys how big zapotecorum could get is the most big , another ones that can get this big and i have seen are many carulescens like var caerulescens, and nigripides, also psilocybe villarealli is a big one too in usa the ps. weilli , and of course zapotecorum beat then all for the long stem and long pseudorriza.
i mean many cubensis can have cap real big and fat stems , yeah also caerulescen and villarealae, but as guzman said in his monografy of the genus psilocybe, zapotecorum are the most big in the genus, well i have the probe right here
in this several pictures you will see the thicknes of stem, the big cap in one picture the one i´m holdin in my hands those cap are more larger than 13 centimeter, in other pictures stem can go as long as 26 cedntimenter or 10 inchs , thicknes of stem like 1 to 2 cm,then are the most caespitosic i have seam mean they make the most big cluster and with the most group of individual so far the most great number in a single cluster that i have heard and see of 86 cap together in one prayes see the pictures , unfourtanaly the pictures are with a cell fone and some of the most increible lost due lost of memory space.
all my best please no one argue with me about that only if you can show a probe of your words .the most big is zapotecorum or a speciemen in the zapotecorum section so far , can be derrocated i know , but still have not seem the probe, all my best if it sound like i am in a bad mood that´s not the case .:pirate:
all my best vibrations everyone .....
:loveeyes:

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC00725.JPG
  • DSC00724.JPG
  • DSC00731.JPG
  • DSC00712.JPG
  • IMG00327.jpg
  • IMG00325.jpg
  • IMG00329.jpg
  • IMG00341.jpg
  • IMG00333.jpg
  • IMG00720.jpg

• Samwise likes this

#11 Guest_floppypeter_*

Guest_floppypeter_*

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:35 AM

:headbang::bow::headbang:

#12 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 11:09 AM

how 'potent' this species relative to cubes or cyans ?

#13 cactu

cactu

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 03:12 AM

indians in mexico venerate ps zapotecorum, because have the reputation of being the one that open the door of heavens, indias recognise many types but some shaman only take zapotecorum , compare to cubensis i will say 4 times potency , this mushrooms are really close to the most potend in the world , azurens can be a bit more strong in dry weight basis , but fresh can be equal sometimes, in mexico the lack of good study about mushroom is great specially about quimistry and percentace of alcaloids, also many mushroom can show the real procentage because the lost of potency to oxidation and drying , many studie are from very old specimen and as i tell you some naturally losses much of the potency in drying due the high psilocin content. every mushrooms have a diferent effect , a diferent spirit, even in the same batch some can have diferences in potency and in flushes, but for sure zapotecorum have long history of use along indias, the coomond name they apply to the specie tell alot a bout the potency, corona de cristo , hongo de superior razon, angelitos, niñitos de las aguas, maestros, etc,
crown of christ,nushroom of superio reason, little childrens of the water, teacher, angels. the taste on many psilocybe is farinaceos but this one have a mexican puch kind of spicy , like radish , a lone cluster of 86 mushrooms can easyly put 80 people to think in a mental caespitosic cluster..
  • Samwise likes this

#14 scientia

scientia

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 374 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 03:34 AM

...and prints will be available when? :teeth:

lol, just kidding. unless you are generous enough to bless us with prints...:eusa_pray

great find though, either or. hard work and persistence ftw:thumbup:

#15 mjshroomer

mjshroomer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,651 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 December 2007 - 12:59 PM

Over the years, Gartz, I and several others, including Ott and Bigwood have determined that P. cyanescens is the most potent of the species. Not P. azurescens, although Stamets did find one mushroom only that produced a high amount, as a whole, the P. azurescens lose potency in drying and after a few months of storage potency loses are pretty high in the species.

Leary ate 7 p. caerulescens but then again we do not know how big and how much they weighed when consumed. And the Wassons with six pair.

Guzman noted in a pm to me that the dose for cubes could be one large shroom weighing one fresh ounce or more or it could be 25-50 pinners which weighed about the same as the fresh ounce dosage.

And then according to Beug and Bigwood and bigwood and Beaug (1981 and 1982), each mushro9om contains a different amount of several chemicals in them so now two shrooms would be the exact same dosage as the other two.

However, when pooled into one vast collection of say a fresh pound and ground to a powder, then each gram could carry the same dosage.

mj. The Zapotecorums are potent like P. caeocystis, a vary potent shroom which, unfortunately loses close to 80% of its potency in drying. However, the P. zapotecorum shrooms retain about 70% of their potency id properly dried.

mjshroomer
  • Samwise likes this

#16 cactu

cactu

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 03:18 PM

exactly ¡the most potend is zapotecorum ¡ another question if you like spores open your hand i will trow a few .

#17 the_chosen_one

the_chosen_one

electro gypsy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 8,113 posts

Donator

Posted 21 December 2007 - 05:26 PM

hopefully Workman will have some luck with cultivating these. it would make a nice addition to the menu.

have we marked this for the archives yet? if not...

>>>>>ARCHIVE MATERIAL<<<<<

to exotics

#18 Workman

Workman

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 667 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 05:38 PM

HA! Well I am working on it. You people need to stop finding new species.

#19 the_chosen_one

the_chosen_one

electro gypsy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 8,113 posts

Donator

Posted 21 December 2007 - 05:48 PM

:lol:

you love it!

:heart:

#20 mjshroomer

mjshroomer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,651 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 December 2007 - 07:21 PM

HI Workman,
after I get back to bangkok this spring, I still have three new species for you to work on.

mjshroomer

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!