Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

@[email protected]@'s 1st post; Want to grow some Pan Cyan's?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 @[email protected]@

@[email protected]@

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 07:27 PM

@[email protected]@’s 1st Post. How to grow Pan Cyan Hawaii’s.

Hey everyone!! This is my first post in the Mycotopia however, I would like to share my wonderful experience of growing Pan Cyan Hawaii’s for my first grow!! Don’t listen to the horror stories, all you have to do is give them what they want, and they will give in return 10 Fold, I promise. So, here it is.

Round I

1) Choose a “Pan” happy jarring substrate (wbs or a mix of wbs with planting soil works great)
2) Steralize your jars (pressure cook or steam)
3) Wait for the jars to cool by putting them in your fridge or freezer. (speedy)
3) Use sterilizing processes to inoc your jars (I used quart jars for mine w/ 4 point inoc)
4) Place them into a warming area (tub in tub with aquarium water heater at 81 F is perfect).
5) In 2 weeks they will be done

Round II

1) Buy a mini bail of staw at home dep. for 3-4 dollars. Cut to 2 in. strands and then pre-pasteaurize it by soaking it overnight in bleach water and horticulture lime.
2) Buy compost; (Mine was 2 dollars for a 40 lb back with humus in it) then strain and wash your straw and mix it in 50/50 with the compost and put into oven safe trays. You want to leave enough room for the jar substrate mix to also be mixed into the trays so that you will eventually have 2-3 inches of spawned substrate after the pasteaurization process
3) Cover with foil and place your compost/straw trays into your oven and bake them for 2 hours at 175 degrees F. Yes, it smells like shit because, it is shit..silly! Ta da now you can hurry up and let them cool in your freezer. No time to wait!! (just don’t let mom/wife/girlfriend or whoemever see the trays of shit in the freezer, ok?)
4) Now you have cool trays. Mix a very small amount of lime into the mix and use a Ph tester to make sure that your mushies will be happy there. 7.5 is perfect shoot for that. Once ready, you can mix your spawn in (2-3 in thick total with compost/straw) and then recover with the foil, this time adding some holes for air to get in. Place the full trays into your incubator. Wait 5 days.
5) Peak in at your bulk sub now! Grows fast, eh? Yeah, I was shocked. Now, get yourself some peat,cactus mix, and verm and mix it 25/25/50. Pasteaurize in the oven once again, maybe an hour is good. Let cool fast in the freezer and once again mix a touch of lime for balance.
6) Lightly sprinkle the casing layer onto the bulk substrate at about ¼ to ½ inch. No more!
7) While uncovered, you are ready to place the trays into your Fruiting Chamber…Chamber..Chamber….Ch….(echo echo echo)
8) 1 week later and you could have pins like me, nice fatty ones too. Good times.

Fruiting Chamber Solutions

1) 90 Ct. Sterlight Tub with clear lid 11 $
2) 2 Foot hose (cheaper the better) 2 in diameter $3
3) Nashua waterproof multi purpose tape (Best stuff to have, it’s waterproof and semi-reusable) it beats the crap out of duck tape and it is easy clean up, a must have!! $6
3) Ultra-sonic cool mist humidifier. ($25 dollars at Wallgreans)
4) Electrical outlet timer. 2 on/off setting at 30 minute minimums work good (HomeDep.) $6\
5) Finally, humidifier filter for (clogging up the hose and for sealing up the FAE hole on top of your FC. Got it!! Check it out…

Re-use your fish tank water heater to make a heat-bomb and use that to keep the temps a little warmer in the FC. Pan's would rather have 85 F over 75 F. Use your special tape for sealing it together.

That’s All!!! ok so you’re spending around 50 bucks for a large amount of killer shrooms, well worth it. Good luck, and thanks to all of the great people at Mycotopia who educated me on how to be successful instantly, Thank You…@[email protected]@ :eusa_clap

Pictures are soon to follow A.S.A.P. Thanks!!!

Attached Thumbnails

• Humidcleanairset.JPG
  • whitecap.JPG
  • FirstFlush1.JPG
  • FirstFlushIII.JPG
  • FirstFlushII.JPG
  • pancloserlook.JPG
  • Pan pic 1.JPG

#2 Sunstar

Sunstar

Gazer of the innerself

• Expired Member
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 07:34 PM

Looks cool. nice job

#3 Foster

Foster

cyanophile

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,254 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 December 2007 - 11:16 PM

Lookin Good @m, sendin good vibes for a nice flush of those babies!

#4 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 11:44 PM

nice write-up
:bow:

#5 photovoric

photovoric

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 12:40 AM

cool :D

#6 ShroomGuerilla

ShroomGuerilla

Myco-Monkey

• Expired Member
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 12:42 AM

:headbang:

#7 golly

golly

modapotato

• Expired Member
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 08:39 AM

Welcome to Topia...

#8 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 December 2007 - 09:20 AM

excellent, pans on your first try. i think we have a new heavyweight here....

i see your fruiting out of turkey tins. another alternative that foaf is using are black seedling flat trays. they are not as deep but very useful spacewise and for efficiency.

the depth is about 2". you run your casing at level with the top of the seedling flat. very good stuff.

not sure how long those turkey tins last but from experience, they get bent out of shape real quickly. cat litter trays also work very well. get the ones that are about 6" deep or so.

Posted Image
to
Posted Image
plz visit our
> Mission Statement <
> Basic Board Rules <
> how to UPLOAD PIX <
> User Control Panel <
> Donate $$ to help fund 'Topia <
> Archives <
> Vaults <
> StrainBase <
> chatroom <
> sponsors <
> search engine <
> topia's Glossary <
> image browser <
> Marketplace <
> Market Rules <
> Contest Forum <
> Fungi Forum <
> Botanicals Forum <
> GrassRoots <

and our BNL

Also see > PFTEK <
enjoy your stay.

#9 bb4

bb4

Lurker Extraordinaire

• Free Member
  • 283 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 12:10 PM

very nice write up, i just got my prints from the MoodDocs so i'll be giving this a shot here quite soon...

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!