• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 witchdr11

witchdr11

Shamanic Vibes

• Expired Member
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 11:49 PM

I was just reading a few posts about absinthe.
Last year I went to Davao, in the Philippines and one night out on the town we hit a great bar that focused almost entirely on absinthe. There way of ingesting it was to pour out a 1/4 oz of so on the bottom of the base of a snifter, which was to be insuffalted with a small cut straw they gave you. Then they flipped the glass and poured a shot which they lit ablaze! The fumes were to be inhaled through the nose with the straw. Then you shoot the shot! Well I dont know exactly what 3 of those did for me, I was probably too drunk already. It ended up being one of my best nights there!
Hey I actually have a picture I took of my wife and some of our friends there! I can't wait to go drinking absinthe again, even if it just gets me drunk with a bunch of PI hotties!
467298 374.jpg

#2 Guest_cap_*

Guest_cap_*

Posted 21 December 2007 - 04:05 AM

word :D

:bow:

#3 Kadass

Kadass

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 02:02 PM

you have a very handsome wife! lol!

are they common there? i live close to the Philippines but no cool bars like that here....but lots of absinthe around :) i am curious why they breath in the fumes? can you get drunk off of alcohol vapour?

#4 Delafonze19

Delafonze19

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 146 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 02:32 PM

I am sure you can get drunk off of alchahol fumes but not one that have been burned. I would also not want to snort liquor.

#5 witchdr11

witchdr11

Shamanic Vibes

• Expired Member
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 06:01 PM

Ya, I kinda wondered wtf they went through all of this for. I think it is just a sort of local or pop kind of thing, or that bars signature. Absinthe in the nose wasn't really my idea of a good time either, trust me. It has some sugar content and other stuff that made my nose all sticky feeling inside.

Heh my wife is second from the bottom right with the visible earing and spaghetti strap.

#6 eastwood

eastwood

Dragon Bait

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,612 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 December 2007 - 06:04 PM

WOOT WOOT !

#7 Nzo

Nzo

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 421 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 11:54 AM

oo
my bro had some..never tried it myself since its illegal but im sure
i can get it from a Chinese dude whos really cool, or any other
friends. hows it taste? is it really a trippy drunk?

#8 chimp

chimp

Space Lord Modulator

• Expired Member
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 01:20 PM

I wouldn't mind hanging with you and the wife if her friends are gonna be around :loveeyes:

#9 eastwood

eastwood

Dragon Bait

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,612 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 December 2007 - 01:35 PM

I wouldn't mind hanging with you and the wife if her friends are gonna be around :loveeyes:

No Shit. Im there too.:loveeyes:

#10 witchdr11

witchdr11

Shamanic Vibes

• Expired Member
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 02:00 PM

Shit, just get a one way ticket to the PI. There are so many HOT PI girls that are all about Americans that you will not want to come home. My wife was so annoyed the entire time because exactly a shitload of chicks tried to flirt and talk with me while we went around town. I didn't mind as much as she did :)

#11 kvlt

kvlt

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 02:04 PM

don't mean to piss on your bonfire, but its best not to light absinthe on fire, that was just a flashy trick that came from eastern europe when absinthe first started to rise in popularity. obviously, if its good absinthe, it'll still taste good and will certainly get you pickled very quickly, but if youre after a more 'authentic' experience where you can enjoy the absinthe instead of just getting pissed its much more advisable to follow the traditional method

if you're looking for somewhere to get hold of authentic, high quality absinthe then i would highly recommend absinthe online who also cater for US customers

hope that didnt sound too pretentious

#12 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 02:11 PM

maybe a little bit...
;)

#13 kvlt

kvlt

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 02:25 PM

:eusa_shif sorry, but it really does get my goat sometimes when people treat absinthe like vodka

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!