• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 PsychoDrogue

PsychoDrogue

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 08:47 AM

Last xmas i got a Mr. Beer kit. I never used it. I never got around to ordering a different flavor malt. It came with Pale ale and thats not really a type of beer i really enjoy.

Anyhow, in my other travels i've collected a lot of the equipment to brew without the little cheap plastic keg kit that it came with. I was thinking about brewing my own and i know there are other members here who do the same.

I am not a huge drinker in the first place. a 6 pack a month on average at the most. But i sure would drink it more if there were some nice fortifiers in there. I've read about a lot of traditional beers with psychoactive additives and was thinking about adding some things into my own batch. most the stuff i have on hand was commonly used, like datura, but i dont know how strong that will be and i'd prefer something a little more recreational right now.

any suggestions from personal experience or pointers to good reading on this? i've never actually brewed. would i add everything from the beginning? Does the brewing process change the components at all so they aren't as heavy or heavier? in the reading i've done it usually mentions masses of people enjoying datura additives like it just makes it nice and strong without hallucinations. how would one determine strength? i've had hallucinations off as little as 12 seeds.

would mush survive the process and carry over some good effects?

#2 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 08:54 AM

datura ?
if you aren't crazy yet,
you will be.
:lol:
most psychedelic additives do best added AFTER the brewing process is complete.
so brew the beer as the kit directions call for,
then place your additives in a mesh cloth bag and
hang it in the brew to soak / extract.

#3 PsychoDrogue

PsychoDrogue

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 09:04 AM

in small doses datura gives me an almost cocaine like high. lots of energy, but no come down. lasts a LONG time too. that from like a 5 seed dose. I was amazed at the potency. I just dont want to go to high. but i guess if i'm adding after the fact it will be easier to figure a low dose by volume. thanks.

i have a few brug flowers as well, but it just strikes me as a much more intimidating plant. when they are all around me during a trip to the botanical gardens i cant help but feeling like i'm in a very sacred place. probably one i shouldn't be in. saving those for a very special occasion. lol. retirement maybe

#4 solentblu

solentblu

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 74 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 10:56 AM

Whoa Zombie beer! It's a big hit in Columbia

youtube.com/watch?v=xk0cV6JecV0

#5 WHITE RABBIT

WHITE RABBIT

Let's take a trip

• Free Member
  • 275 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 11:11 AM

I thought Datura was very dangerous?:rasta:

#6 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 11:14 AM

yep, 'tis indeed. not recommended for anyone.

#7 PsychoDrogue

PsychoDrogue

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 11:34 AM

its dangerous. and even informed users have made mistakes. the key is respect. i've read a ton on the subject and have a few of the best books about them. They dont usually outline the dangers as much as sites like these.

Because of the combination of warnings from erowid and here, and the general history of use of the plant, i started experimenting in very low doses. 40 seeds was considered completely psychoactive. I've been sensitive to other drugs so i started with 3. a few hours later ate 2 more. Started to feel the buzz a few horus later when i forgot i had taken anything. Couldn't sleep for almost 2 days with all the energy it gave me...

I finally got some sleep and functioned normal for a day when i realized i liked what i had experimented with and wanted a bit more. i took 7 seeds. It was too clsoe to the first dose. They combined. I thought i would need a bit more as maybe i had a tolerance and it hadn't been a full week. i wasn't feeling anything from the previous dose, but based on what i felt on 5, and what 7 did. i was definately feeling more than 7.

Once again i couldn't sleep for a few days. didn't bother me. i had lots to do and it wasn't a bad high at all. like i said, no come down feeling til your long asleep. Sleeping can be kidna scary though. at least trying to.

I laid down on my couch to make an attempt since i had to work and didn't want to be completely dead for my shift. I closed my eyes and was at work within seconds. Completely real hallucination though. I couldn't have told you i wasn't there and when i opened my eyes and found myself back on my couch i realized i was in for a completely different kinda trip.

I sill haven't worked my way up to the full 40 seed dose. And i've read trip reports of people eating full pods which contain at least a couple hundred seeds a piece. It wouldn't be at all pleasant at those levels, and i'm sure people have died. but i rest assured that it can be physiologically safe when you are smart about finding a dose that works for you.

I was looking into making a beer with a very minor dose that would work well for special occaisons. just one beer of course and then you'd switch to something else. but at the effects i got on 5 seeds you can function completely normal. I went to work, drove after the first day when i was sure i wasn't going to be hallucinating, consumed food, drink, and other drugs. i didn't get any bad side effects like dry mouth or dilated eyes. many might not even notice the buzz til they realized they couldn't sleep. It would be a good beverage to start a good social weekend out with.

any other plant recommendations would serve me just as well.

#8 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 12:06 PM

use at own risk-
Mycotopia Web Archive: Witches Brew [For Use With Black HenBane]

#9 pneuma9

pneuma9

Resident Deviant

• Free Member
  • 216 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 07:38 AM

Was there a link on here for marijuana beer? I thought a nice hoppy herb brew would be quite thirst quenching and yet strangely cotton-mouth inducing.

#10 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 09:30 AM

the alcohol content of beer is too low to make it a decent solvent of THC so you'd need to do the extraction apart then add to brew

#11 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,946 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 December 2007 - 10:48 AM

Ever tried Kanna? That's some weird stuff for sure, also not for everyone.

I used to want to make brews and combinations with all kinds of interesting things mixed up in them, but eventually decided that I like it the way it is; all the different buzzes in their own traditional packages/forms that I can select from individually. That means I wouldn't have been the guy who invented Ayahuasca, but that's ok since someone else already has, and my goal is more to be one of the old psychonauts moreso than one of the bold ones. I'd love to read about making and drinking a datura beer, however, so if you make some please let us know how it goes!

#12 aumbrellaforainydays

aumbrellaforainydays

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 11:37 AM

whats the differences between datura and belladona? aint they both got atropine in them?

whats the similarities between atropine and muscimol?

i want to try a beer made with amanita and datura or a beer with
d-lysergic acid amide and opium or a beer with
mescaline and iboga or
syrian rue,chacruna and yopo,caapi -this one would be interesting
khat and coca or
salvia and yerba mate
of course weed beer sounds good too

#13 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 11:40 AM

you need to educate yourself a bit more
before you kill someone.
one does NOT mix an MAOI [ eg. rue / caapi ]
with alcohol . :eusa_snoo

#14 aumbrellaforainydays

aumbrellaforainydays

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 12:39 PM

oh yer forgot about that... well maybe just the dmt then.

#15 pareil

pareil

happy just to be here

• Expired Member
  • 271 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 01:04 PM

For me, the appeal of beer is its low potency per serving
allowing fine-tuning of one's buzz within a broad range.
It would be interesting to alter the nature of the intoxication
but preserve the same scalable intensity in a psychoactive brew.
Some homebrewers are reviving gruit.

#16 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,946 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 January 2008 - 11:39 AM

you need to educate yourself a bit more
before you kill someone.
one does NOT mix an MAOI [ eg. rue / caapi ]
with alcohol . :eusa_snoo

Yeah, always be the first person to drink your own brew if it's an experimental combination. It's the fair thing to do, and a good motivator for proper research beforehand!

My take is that it is extremely unlikely that a new type of combination/brew/whatever will prove to be as or more desirable than what is already available, and in fact reviving the old but little-used concoctions of long ago will probably mostly serve to illustrate why they are not so popular anymore.

#17 aumbrellaforainydays

aumbrellaforainydays

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 12:27 PM

i object i think new types of brews should always be encouraged. hell, fermentation has been a product of natures cycle since life and decay began. birds, squirrels and monkeys probably seek for that one spot in the fruit tree where the fruit is captured before groundfall where it slowly ferments in the forest heat, and ultimately slurped up by some thirsty animal, who intentionally or not ends up falling out of the tree drunken.

so i say experiment and revitalize! the reason why beer is beer now is because grain and hops are pretty damn easy to make beer from. herbal beers take more craft. hell, even craft hop and grain beers take a degree of wisdom before you get anything of quality. so perhaps why the herbal beer mixtures fell from grace is that their so damned hard to get right. that and that indigenous knowledge and local fermenting knowledge has been forgotten, because now Anahauser-Busch does all the brewing, so that everyone else can waste their time "working" so that when work time ends they have neither the skills, money or time to make their own beer, so they drink whats cheapest and most abundant. but i say we dont, we dont stop after work everyday to buy a 12 pack of bud, but should instead teach people how to make their own beers, and teach them theres more to fermentation than just hops, grain, malt extract and yeast. then people will begin to recognize those beers we now think "crazy".

#18 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 01:45 PM

lol
there's always one in the crowd
yelling 'jump'
to the guy on the ledge.
you want experimentation ?
you go first...
but there's plenty of info and gear available
to anyone wanting to brew their own beer & wine,
did both for years.
you ought to give it a try
before re-inventing the wheel,
might get thirsty

#19 bear

bear

Silly Animal

• Expired Member
  • 984 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 11:45 PM

I've never had more satisfaction from a beer than the joy I get from drinking my homebrew (though.. I've had some really good homebrew made by other people..)

I'm completely convinced that the next beer I make will be very special, the Psilly Bear Chocolate porter spiked with an alcohol extract.

#20 OG Royal Grower

OG Royal Grower

Philosopher

• Expired Member
  • 112 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 01:10 AM

the fort collins brewing company makes a beer i think it was the ipa that tasted like it was brewed with buds and not hops... mmmmmmmmm sooooo good:puke:

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!