• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 aumbrellaforainydays

aumbrellaforainydays

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 04:46 PM

well they are both from the same family.

#22 abaca

abaca

jerk of all trades

• Expired Member
  • 439 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 10:02 PM

You should pick up a copy of 'Sacred and Herbal Healing Beers, The Secrets of Ancient Fermentation' by Stephen Harrod Buhner. For $20 it's a great read. The book is well researched and discusses several herbs that bitter brews. There is a whole chapter on 'Psychotropic and Highly Inebriating Beers'. That chapter covers the herbs, Myrica Gale, Wild Rosemary, Yarrow, Wormwood, Sage, Clary, Broom, Henbane, Mandrake, Darnel, Saffron and Wild Lettuce. Currently I'm brewing an Ale that will be spiked with Green Dragon at bottling. Soon I will soon be brewing a Gruit with Myrica Gale, Wild Rosemary and Yarrow. I'd love to do a Saffron Ale but the recipe calls for 1/2 oz per gallon and that would make for an expensive home brew!:pirate:

#23 syvel

syvel

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 225 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 11:29 AM

you need to educate yourself a bit more
before you kill someone.
one does NOT mix an MAOI [ eg. rue / caapi ]
with alcohol . :eusa_snoo

Is it safe to have it seperately (i.e. if I were to have a drink with some shrooms, and then decide to smoke some rue later for visuals)? Or is it something you avoid completely?

#24 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,946 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 January 2008 - 11:11 AM

Is it safe to have it seperately (i.e. if I were to have a drink with some shrooms, and then decide to smoke some rue later for visuals)? Or is it something you avoid completely?

Look up the effects of mixing an MAOI with one of the 'prohibited' foods/drinks. You'll see a list of symptoms such as 'hypertensive crisis' that should make you think twice about toying with MAO inhibitors.

I think a lot of people enjoy walking right on the razor's edge, but they only enjoy it because they don't really 'get' just how sharp and narrow that edge is, or how it might cut them to pieces with the slightest misstep. You have one brain to carry you through this life; if you break it you don't get another one!

There's a reason that old Wise Asses and guru types are so quiet and move so deliberately; they understand the stakes. Years ago, when my blindfold was lifted for just a moment, I caught a glimpse of this razor I was dancing around like a fool on (obliviously to any dangers), and the unfathomable abyss falling away to either side scared the living shit out of me. I'm more careful now, and advocate a cautious attitude because I don't like seeing anyone experience a preventable disaster.

#25 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 11:24 AM

i know just a little caffeine + MAOI
gave me a massive migraine
once
and i no longer fuck around.
i follow the diet restrictions.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!