• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 perrch01

perrch01

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 03:46 PM

How do you make your capsules if you don't have a pill press?
I made some the other day for a friend that over-reacts comletely to eating shrooms, anyway I put about7g into capsules and it was a pain in the ass! I couldn't figure out a better way to put them in there so I used mini-forceps. The capsules were 500mg and when I had them completely stuffed they held a little over 400mg. Either way my hand was completely cramped and I was at this for hours. It was interesting to see if I could do it but it sucked!

Any suggestions?

#2 suckerfree

suckerfree

GATE KEEPER

• OG VIP
  • 3,031 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 March 2005 - 03:50 PM

You can get a pill machine for about $15...

http://www.capsuleconnection.com/

#3 perrch01

perrch01

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 04:09 PM

Thanks for the link, that is so much easier! It took me about six hours to do that many capsules! Do you think it maters if you use the gelatin capsules or vegtable capusles, or is that more for people who have a preference of how it was made?

#4 I_am_me

I_am_me

Odderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 10:08 PM

I"ve heard the vegetable capsules take longer to break down although I have no personal experience.

#5 perrch01

perrch01

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 11:16 PM

that seems like it would make sense

#6 suckerfree

suckerfree

GATE KEEPER

• OG VIP
  • 3,031 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 March 2005 - 11:30 PM

Thanks for the link, that is so much easier! It took me about six hours to do that many capsules! Do you think it maters if you use the gelatin capsules or vegtable capusles, or is that more for people who have a preference of how it was made?

http://www.viable-he...es/capsules.htm

#7 lukester

lukester

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 79 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 05:34 AM

That is a great link I do not believe I have seen that in the archieves, a mod might want to save that in the archs.

#8 smegma

smegma

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 484 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 09:57 AM

pill press?

Has there ever beeen a report of "Pressed Mushroom Tablets"? Not like filled glecaps, but like E, an actual pill/tablet?

#9 Guest_dgshroom_*

Guest_dgshroom_*

Posted 07 March 2005 - 06:11 PM

smegma:

Don't know about pressed tabs, but just wanted to suggest an alternative. Making pills has always seemed like a futile effort to me. I recently posted my chocolate method of eating. Grind shrooms into powder in a coffee grinder. Let a big chunk of chocolate melt in your mouth and totally coat your mouth inside. Toss the powder in your mouth, swig back a couple of gulps of water, and wash it down. If you do it right, I guarantee you will not taste the sacrament at all. Of course, there is the always the shamanic philosophy that the unpleasant aspects of taking mushrooms is part of the ritual and should be observed with great discipline. But, if that is not your bag, you really might find the chocolate method a lot easier than cranking out capsules.

Peace

Shura

#10 perrch01

perrch01

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 06:18 PM

Has there ever beeen a report of "Pressed Mushroom Tablets"? Not like filled glecaps, but like E, an actual pill/tablet?

It would seem to me that it would be extremely difficult if not impossible without being able to isolate the psylicybin/psybin (sp) but it is a cool idea.

I personally don't mind the taste but I have tried the chocolate method before but not being big on sweets I tend to get queasy just from the chocolate

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!