• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 psyl

psyl

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 60 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 07:25 PM

Thank u very much for the good sounds guys! We'll make 4 incubator/growbox, they will made by 8 big plastic box and 4 aquarium heater with termostate. I thinking on the air pump, it will be not enough beacause it too cheap :D it don't have enough power.
This is the same, Elite 799::eusa_doh: Hagen Elite Aquarium Air pump (799 )
We don't like to use the room like a big growing chamber (OkOk, we like to use it...), because we don't like molds on the walls.. and the moisture can getting into the connector.;) good luck for everybody! :headbang:

#22 Freaky

Freaky

Head Editor

• Expired Member
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 09:16 PM

:thumbup:

Lookin' great guys! Keep sharing this. Its cool to see it from start to finish.

#23 stoney

stoney

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 120 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 07:09 PM

wow, I am jealous of you!

#24 nrthlndr27

nrthlndr27

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 03:38 AM

As long as the room is moisture-proofed, I know of someone who's used a portable in-line thermostat with a Vick's vaporizer plugged to it. The unit acts as both the heat and humidity source and has worked very well for this person acquaintance. The room ends up with a lot of excess moisture, so he occasionally puts down clean towels on the floor to wick the condensed moisture. The vaporizer starts emitting a steam vapor within minutes of being kicked on by the thermostat and kicks off within 1 degree of what the thermostat dial is set on. The thermostat has a moisture resistant cover on the controls also. Just a thought.

Attached Thumbnails

• 162563_lg.gif
  • 162563_lg.gif

#25 nrthlndr27

nrthlndr27

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 03:47 AM

Oh yeah, and with the long cord, it allows a person to position the thermostat exactly in the room they want to be control the heat and are not relying on what the temp at the wall is (like a wall mounted thermostat would do).

#26 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,126 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 January 2008 - 10:03 AM

I would suggest adding a way to keep the air moving constantly inside the chamber. A small fan is all you need, just something that keeps the air moving all the time. The air doesn't need to be blowing hard, just moving a little bit. Mushrooms hate still air, and it encourages contamination.

Good luck!

#27 psyl

psyl

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 06:29 AM

incubate in process right now :)
we need to wait :pirate:

#28 Jiimy8me

Jiimy8me

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:22 PM

what happened next? tell me about the frakin golf shoes!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!