• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#21 LBM's

LBM's

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 12:56 PM

Is it really that hard to stop smoking MJ or doing any other drug that my stop you from getting a good paying job? That to me seems odd, to say the lest. If you do get this job, who's to say that every three months they won't do another hair test. I know of some companies in the field that I am in that do this. i guess you have to ask yourself what is more important to you, a good paying job or MJ?

#22 LLelo

LLelo

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 04:20 PM

This drug test is not for some amazing career job that will be able to support me for life. It is just a good paying temporary job that I can work at over the summer so I dont have to do some bitch work in a kitchen for half the pay. When the time comes for me to settle down in the real world and plan out my life after college, then I will take my drug use seriously and possibly stop smoking buds to get a legit job. Or better yet start my own business and consider drug testing others lol. But I don't want to have to give up all the great times I would have at PSu just for some summer job. If they wanna test me three months later then thats fine because I will be back at school by then. This is just some customer service job btw. What field is it that you are in LBM?

#23 LLelo

LLelo

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 04:21 PM

And I believe that the correct answer to your last question is MJ

#24 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 04:49 PM

:lol:

#25 warriorsoul

warriorsoul

Retired Moderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,802 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 January 2008 - 05:07 PM

MJ - 1 GPJ - 0 :rasta:

#26 greenweanie

greenweanie

Post Whore Extraordinaire

• Expired Member
  • 469 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 06:13 PM

You don't want that shit on your genitals I found that out the hard way.

Too bad we dont have a quote of the month, or else i woulda nominated this. Thanks for the truthful laugh :)

#27 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 11,620 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 January 2008 - 09:38 AM

i guess you have to ask yourself what is more important to you, a good paying job or MJ?

Definitely MJ.

(score is now: MJ 2, GPJ 0)

Smoking a joint when I choose means I am living my life on my own preferred terms. Others prefer different terms, but "good paying" is relative, and there are many ways to measure satisfaction. I like knowing that a bunch of thin lipped hypocritical pinheads aren't dictating my behavior from some office tower far from all the little cups of piss that us peasants end up carrying around. We're talking just "good paying," not "critical that you are sober or people will die" kinds of jobs, just to be clear, and for probably 90+% of the non-critical regular jobs out there, smoking pot at home is irrelevant to one's performance at work (and frankly, most other recreational drugs as well).

And what good is making more money if you can't then buy and enjoy the super dank shit 'cause a company pinhead might come snip some of your hair or demand you surrender some bodily fluid for analysis at any moment?

:weedpoke:

#28 warriorsoul

warriorsoul

Retired Moderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,802 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 January 2008 - 11:55 AM

well said TV..
drug testing is about making money..
by testing for drugs the companys get lower insurance rates.

they dont need proof that mj hampers work performance..lame

the drug laws only perpetuate the tightning noose of the goverments grip.
so you can get "clean" or fake it..
but who are we really helping by playing along?
if more americans stood up for what they believed in
we wouldnt have so many problems like this.
but people just follow along afraid they dont really matter.

the war on drugs makes makes us enemys to the goverment
what happened to, for the people by the people?
dont kid yourself..

it was Ben Franklin that said we should have a revolution every twenty years to keep the goverment honest.

How about we do what some south american cultures did..
hold a vote after the term in office is served...
if they did a bad job we tie them to a tree and smear the genitals of the politician with honey for the animals eat.
i bet honesty would be a bigger priority then.

#29 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 11,620 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 January 2008 - 11:26 AM

if they did a bad job we tie them to a tree and smear the genitals of the politician with honey for the animals eat.
i bet honesty would be a bigger priority then.

That's a waste of honey! I need it all to store my shrooms in...

I have never nor will I ever piss in a cup for a job. I might poop in it, just to be funny (if they assume I know it's for urine and don't say anything, I can play really dumb), but I probably won't get the job if I do that.

A friend of mine who was on probation (so he had to piss to stay out of jail) was so nervous about a test once that he made a huge mess in the office. He stutters horribly, which gets him arrested for DUI repeatedly (doesn't help that he often is actually drunk). Anyhow, he'd smoked a joint not long before a test, and was so nervous about it that his stuttering was off the scale (it makes his whole body shake sometimes when he tries to speak). He brought his cup into the office and as he was leaning over to set in on the probation officer's desk he had one of those whole-body shudders and he accidentally slammed the cup on the desk really hard, which shot the lid off and a small fountain of warm piss covered the desk and the officer's lap. He retested the next day, and I ask him to retell the story every time I see him. It's a classic! :lol:

If I ever have to piss in cup some day, I'll suddenly pick up a severe stutter... :reb:

#30 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 11:29 AM

Too bad we dont have a quote of the month, or else i woulda nominated this. Thanks for the truthful laugh :)

great idea!

#31 LBM's

LBM's

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 90 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 11:11 PM

I am not suggesting that anyone should know or need to know what you do on your own time. I find piss tests to be a huge invasion of my privacy also, I just happen to work in a job that if someone is all fucked up that ppl may get hurt. If I misunderstood that this was just "some summer job" and not a more of a "full time postion" I apologize. I guess that everyone has an opinion about UAs and the pay that they make at there job, and what is "considered good pay." I like my job and have only had to piss two times in three years. I can deal with that for the money that I make. But then again the only thing I do anymore is shrooms every now and then. Sorry if I stepped on anyones toes.

#32 greenweanie

greenweanie

Post Whore Extraordinaire

• Expired Member
  • 469 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 11:21 PM

i guess you have to ask yourself what is more important to you, a good paying job or MJ?

good marijuana? good paying job smoking marijuana?

lol

#33 LLelo

LLelo

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:10 AM

Well I stopped smoking buds and it blows. I will be ordering the shampoo soon and will post my results for the test. Will shrooms show up in a hair test? If not, I need to get some for this weekend.

#34 Lefty

Lefty

Arrogant Asshole

• Expired Member
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 02:32 PM

Well, since no one mentioned it...I do know someone that shaved his entire body & claimed he was a competitive swimmer @ the local YMCA. Doing this is a pretty obvious weasel move, but they were forced to give him a piss test, which he was not prepared for and failed. Points for effort, though.

#35 LLelo

LLelo

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 09:44 PM

My hair test is tomorrow ( I think). I called Kelly to schedule what I though was my drug test but they told me I need to take a databasing test with Excel. I'm thinking that they will just send me to get my hair test afterwards but I'm not sure. If I put the shampoo on tomorrow then I will be good to pass the test, but if they don't test me tomorrow then it will have been $85 thrown away. If I don't put it in tomorrow I might get tested and will surely fail in multiple categories. This sucks ass because part of the shampoo directions say not to sweat after you put the shampoo in or else drug metabolites in your sweat will be absorbed back into my hair. I'll be sweating my ass off thinking about whether or not i will be tested tomorrow (while taking an Excel test)

#36 wayback

wayback

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 325 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 07:28 AM

You explain to them that you are a Rasta man, and that cutting your hair is not allowed. I did this once in the joint when asked to cut my hair. Afterwards, I filed a Federal 1984 law suite against them mo fo's for loosing a fair amount of good time, and got the prision officals to go back to only filing one charge against me, instead of the 12 consecutive day reports they filed against me.

Adn finally, they even gave me those good time days back, just before I was released, which meant I got out 15 days eariler than I was scheduled to have been.

Believe me, they will think twice about the situation when the religion aspect comes to light. Wish you the best. Hair hangs on, except when cut off.

#37 Toecutter

Toecutter

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 338 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 08:23 AM

This sucks ass because part of the shampoo directions say not to sweat after you put the shampoo in or else drug metabolites in your sweat will be absorbed back into my hair. I'll be sweating my ass off thinking about whether or not i will be tested tomorrow (while taking an Excel test)

:lol: Damn funny!
</IMG>

#38 Doctor D

Doctor D

(Not a real doctor)

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,258 posts

Donator

Posted 12 March 2008 - 06:35 PM

Well LLelo? How'd it go?

#39 aumbrellaforainydays

aumbrellaforainydays

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 09:57 PM

You explain to them that you are a Rasta man, and that cutting your hair is not allowed. I did this once in the joint when asked to cut my hair. Afterwards, I filed a Federal 1984 law suite against them mo fo's for loosing a fair amount of good time, and got the prision officals to go back to only filing one charge against me, instead of the 12 consecutive day reports they filed against me.

so what exactly is this Federal 1984 law? any sources for it? if you can seriously do this i want to be able to go into the lawbook and point it out, instead of using hearsay from an internet forum.

wouldnt they get suspicious if you didnt have dreads or were an anglo?
could they verify somehow that you indeed are a member of the Rastafarians? would they check if u had any addresses or travels to where rastas normally hang, like Jamaica or africa or tropical areas?

if this works could you claim to airport security that ganja is my sacrament and that they are infringing on my religious liberties by taking away my pot? could Mary Ann just've claimed that she was rasta and got away with her possession charge?

#40 LLelo

LLelo

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 12:04 AM

Well I took the test but didn't get the results back yet. I'm wondering if they will call me to tell me the results, but they probably won't unless I failed. I feel pretty confident that I passed. I used the Toxin Wash shampoo and followed the directions exactly. Washed hair with palmolive, rinsed with baking soda water, worked the Toxin Wash in and then rinsed with distilled water. It was a pain in the ass but if it got me the job it was worth it. Also passed the databasing test, not that anyone cares. I smoked two hits out of my dugout 3 days before the test, which was stupid but necessary. Ill post any results I get back but its only been 2 days since the test. I figure if I don't hear about it by next week then It was a success.

As for the Rasta thing, that would be great but I really have never grown out my hair very long. My hair was possibaly the longest its ever been on the day of the test. Thats a cool law though, makes my wish I was black or even half black for that matter. if I tried pulling that shit, theyed be like "get the fuck outta here" and just hold me down while they snip off my hair.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!