• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 greenie

greenie

Stonerd

• Expired Member
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 03:02 PM

ALRIGHT finally all done with that room. Plants are gone, trim is gone buds are in the bag. Heres how i make my hashamasheesh (note: the hashamasheesh is in reference to homer simpson when he bought lisa a new 'saxamaphone'. the first time i made hash, we sat in a garage for 3 days making batches chanting 'hashamasheeesh' and it kinda stuck with me. the neghbors didnt find it quite as funny since our drill was 15 years old and screamed like a banshee... anyway i ahve digressed) HASHAMASHEEEEEEEEESH

Ok. So first you need to get all your shit together. My coldwater kit is garbage can sized, so for an average batch of hash you will need approx 30-50 pounds of ice. Buy it at burger Kings, they sell 10 lb bags for 99 cents, like half the price of a store. They give you hateful looks, but whatever... You will also need your container (trash can) your trimmings in two seperate piles (one for small buds/CLOSE trim the oher everything else but STEMS) BE SURE to pick out all the big sticks as they will tear up your expensive hash bags. You will also need your choice of agitator, i like a wooden broomhandle or wooden spoon.

Attached Thumbnails

• 3.jpg
  • 2.jpg
  • 1.jpg

• ShroomGuerilla and bmad like this

#2 greenie

greenie

Stonerd

• Expired Member
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 03:05 PM

:headbang:Okay.
BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING ELSE PUT YOUR TRIM IN THE FREEER FOR A FEW HOURS!! This will DOUBLE your pull and cut your time in half.
First put the bag with the SMALLEST numbers on ur container. The smallest bag i use is 45 microns as anything smaller than 45 microns is not likely to be a trichome head and is of low qaulity. On top of the 45 bag i put on a 73, a 160 and a 190 bag. Fill the trashcan with water through the bags untill about halfway full. Add 2 bags of ice and add your trim. then add 1 more bag of ice.

Attached Thumbnails

• 4.jpg

#3 greenie

greenie

Stonerd

• Expired Member
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 03:13 PM

Now comes the labor intensive part: agitating the soup. Some people like to use an electric drill with a paintmixer. I dont. It breaks up plant matter and releases chlorophyl and lowers the quality of your hash. Some people will say 'but you get way more' well, do whatever u want. I like the best, not the most.
Any way. Start stirring with your stick, moderatley fast but not too fast. As the ice melts add more and drain some. My trashcan has a drain valve on the bottom so u can add ice and drain water without losing trichomes. Keep stirring, this is a 3 person job so switch off at 3-5 minute intervals. After about 15 mins, you will start gettin white foam. This is good. keep stirring untill you start to see green, and then stop. Periodically grab a handful of stuff and look at it. Are the trichomes breaking off? how many are left? if the answer is not so many, stop. Your done. Rinse the top down with a hose on shower, and then on mist to break up all the foam.
Go smoke a bowl and wait 20-30 minutes.

Attached Thumbnails

• 7.jpg
  • 6.jpg
  • 5.jpg

#4 greenie

greenie

Stonerd

• Expired Member
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 03:18 PM

OK time to pull the bags and see what you have. Grab the tops of the bag and pull em together. dont let anything run out the side into ur trashcan. This will take 3 people. Two lift, one shake the bag, bearhug it. Once its mostly empty, spray down the inside with the hose thoroughly to rinse any stuck trichomes. Discard all that crap. Now comes the money runs. The water will be gold - green like radiator fluid. Thats good. Pull the second bag like the first and rinse it like the first, rinse it all to one spot on the screen and squeeze it together there, not too hard though. Lay the bag on a bathtowel and scrape off your hash with a credit card/id/whatever. Put in in a pile on a piece of waxpaper. If you have alot of hash, put it in your hands and squeeze the milky water out of it. Do this for all your bags and dump your water.
WARNING: this water smells and may get you in trouble!

Attached Thumbnails

• 13.jpg
  • 12.jpg
  • 11.jpg
  • 10.jpg
  • 9.jpg
  • 8.jpg

#5 Godflesh

Godflesh

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 628 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 03:23 PM

Very nice! You are a lucky man!:weedpoke::rasta::loveeyes::headbang::bow:

#6 greenie

greenie

Stonerd

• Expired Member
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 03:23 PM

Ok. so now all your wet hash is sitting in piles on top of waxpaper. You have a few choices. One, leave it sit just like it is till its dry. Two, Squueze the shit out of it and leave it for less time or three press it!
Take your piles of hash and put them in the corner of a oven bag (like you cook turkeys in). Start a pot of boiling water. Dip the clump of hash in the boiling water for 3-7 minutes. Its done when u can squeeze it and its all liquid, no solid chunks. Now, toss it in the freezer for about 30 minutes. Whne u pull it out it will be rock hard. Seperate it from the bag and leave it out for a while, its till wet but u can smoke it. You now have super potent high grade hash that sells on average at a cannabis club. good deal. This hash will be too sticky to keep in bags so you need a jar/bowl for it. keep it in the freezer if u plan on smoking it cuz at room temperature your gonna get more on your fingers than the bowl...

Attached Thumbnails

• 16.jpg
  • 15.jpg
  • 14.jpg

#7 SharkieJones

SharkieJones

• OG VIP
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 07:48 PM

A very interesting write up. Where are the bags to be found?

#8 AmBe

AmBe

ubuntu

• Expired Member
  • 809 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 08:12 PM

you can get the bags at quite a few places online.

bubblebags and payload bags seem to have the best reviews.

#9 greenie

greenie

Stonerd

• Expired Member
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 12:35 PM

I have heard, but not ever personally confirmed, that Wine makers use 'bubble bags' for straning their wine, and that they are much cheaper than bubble bros or anything else designed for pot.

#10 alounacara

alounacara

Picktish Texas Style...

• OG VIP
  • 2,780 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 January 2008 - 09:43 PM

great pictorial Greenie...you rock bigtime dude

#11 MrChen

MrChen

Rocky Mountain High

• Expired Member
  • 2,098 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 10:35 PM

I will bump this for the kids. :rasta: I would so love to try this sometime. Great write up. Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#12 buteo

buteo

Imbicilzzzz

• OG VIP
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 07:48 AM

Def an awesome write up. Took all the confusion out very thorough. Much appreciated Greenie!

#13 TrickyNicky

TrickyNicky

Areoponic Chronic

• Expired Member
  • 201 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:04 AM

Sick Greenie!!
I know Ive been wanting to get some of those bags for myself

just one question I didnt see any amounts/yeilds?
roughly how much material versus yeilds?

Peace Bro
TN

#14 greenie

greenie

Stonerd

• Expired Member
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:01 AM

the yield is 100% dependant in your trim. you should average 2-4 ozs per 1-3 lbs of trim.

#15 ShroomGuerilla

ShroomGuerilla

Myco-Monkey

• Expired Member
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 11:20 AM

great write-up my friend
:pirate:

#16 TrickyNicky

TrickyNicky

Areoponic Chronic

• Expired Member
  • 201 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 07:13 PM

one more question, is that dry or green trim?

#17 greenie

greenie

Stonerd

• Expired Member
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 07:18 PM

hmm. well i guess it would vary alot huh. umm. i throw like a brown grocery bag full of fresh trim in or 2/3 full of dry trim

#18 TrickyNicky

TrickyNicky

Areoponic Chronic

• Expired Member
  • 201 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:39 PM

yea, I guess I will have to be getting a set real soon... can't really turn that stuff down. looks tasty
Thanks for the info & nice pics Greenie

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!