- - - - -

Wild Cubensis Photographs from North Florida, Central Florida and Southwest

central cubensis florida north photographs southwest wild

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_cleanjar_*

Guest_cleanjar_*

Posted 16 January 2008 - 12:33 AM

These are older photographs of mine but a couple interesting finds. 'Sort of nastalgic because I do not live in the state anymore. Maybe it will give people in that area a couple ideas on where to find them growing wild.
This first set of two images are from northern Florida. Found in a horse stall, growing from a mixture of horse dung, stable shavings and gross enough I am sure there is some horse urine in the mix also:

Attached Thumbnails

• cubehorsestall2.jpg
  • cubehorsestall1.jpg

#2 casgoodie

casgoodie

human (?)

• Expired Member
  • 473 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 12:34 AM

look pretty huge without a scale

#3 Guest_cleanjar_*

Guest_cleanjar_*

Posted 16 January 2008 - 12:35 AM

Next we have a couple cubes found growing in a cow pasture very close to Orlando (central florida), at a rest stop along the interstate (not a recommended hunting ground in my opinion). Growing directly from cow dung:

Attached Thumbnails

• cubeorlando.jpg

#4 Guest_cleanjar_*

Guest_cleanjar_*

Posted 16 January 2008 - 12:39 AM

Now we have Psilocybe cubensis again growing in southwest Florida in a horse pasture. Not directly from horse dung but from well-manured soil. The ones in this image were not growing directly from horse dung, but others were. The whole horse pasture was littered with shrooms like i had never seen before. I think in the winter time, or at least during dry-season so i was very surprised. So, well-manured soil horse dung:

Attached Thumbnails

• cubehorse.jpg

#5 Guest_cleanjar_*

Guest_cleanjar_*

Posted 16 January 2008 - 12:41 AM

Lastly I am just adding a photograph of a medium sized alligator who lives in southwest florida along the myakka river:

Attached Thumbnails

• gator.jpg

#6 Guest_cleanjar_*

Guest_cleanjar_*

Posted 16 January 2008 - 12:46 AM

Oh and I forgot these last two cubensis images. These were photographed in southwest florida in a swampy shaded area of a cow pasture, during the peak summer time, very buggy very humid very hot, and very buggy. I include these because if you click to enlarge you will notice a stickbug hanging out on the cow dung and shrooms. Wild cubensis growing from cow dung:

Attached Thumbnails

• cubestickbug2.jpg
  • cubestickbug1.jpg

#7 pcsillypj

pcsillypj

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 320 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 02:59 AM

to bad cubes dont grow up by me....i wanna go hunting in a cow pasture down
south i just dont want to get my ass shot!..from what i hear rock salt really hurts...lol

#8 dial8

dial8

3 Fungi Mod

• App Administrator
  • 5,307 posts

Donator

Posted 21 January 2008 - 02:30 PM

Nice pics, cj! Do you mind if I link your thread with another wild cube thread from this same forum?

#9 Guest_cleanjar_*

Guest_cleanjar_*

Posted 22 January 2008 - 01:12 AM

fine with me dial

#10 dial8

dial8

3 Fungi Mod

• App Administrator
  • 5,307 posts

Donator

Posted 22 January 2008 - 10:01 AM

Instead of merging the two threads I am simply going to add a link to the other wild cube thread. May merge them later but this will do for now.
In this thread here.... http://mycotopia.net...e-cubensis.html these cubes were found just a little south of the TN southern border.

These cubes were found in a cow field. Most were growing in well manured straw (communal feeding spot for the cows). The ones pictured were in old cow patties.

#11 mjshroomer

mjshroomer

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 2,214 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 January 2008 - 01:47 PM

Instead of merging the two threads I am simply going to add a link to the other wild cube thread. May merge them later but this will do for now.

In this thread here....http://mycotopia.net...is.html...these cubes were found just a little south of the TN southern border.

I clicked on your link and it does not work,, Says Page Not Found.

mjshroomer

#12 dial8

dial8

3 Fungi Mod

• App Administrator
  • 5,307 posts

Donator

Posted 22 January 2008 - 02:46 PM

Huh, wierd...does it to me too but the original thread is there. I'll try to fix it.

#13 dial8

dial8

3 Fungi Mod

• App Administrator
  • 5,307 posts

Donator

Posted 22 January 2008 - 02:48 PM

Ok it works now.

#14 Guest_cleanjar_*

Guest_cleanjar_*

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:35 PM

yes dial, i have heard reports of cubensis growing wild in tennessee.

you should label your topic with which state they were found, or not

i also suggest mentioning if they were found in a cow or horse pasture

#15 dial8

dial8

3 Fungi Mod

• App Administrator
  • 5,307 posts

Donator

Posted 22 January 2008 - 08:29 PM

yeah I'm going to clean this up a bit. I just wanted o get link up.

#16 DrewV454

DrewV454

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 10:42 PM

West Coast Florida Fields are yielding.... great flushes every time out... 4-5 days a week for the last four weeks.

Can you say...
"Heroic Dose"

Attached Thumbnails

• Florida Cubensis ~ Bon Appétit.jpg

#17 mjshroomer

mjshroomer

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 2,214 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 August 2009 - 02:30 AM

West Coast Florida Fields are yielding.... great flushes every time out... 4-5 days a week for the last four weeks.

Can you say...
"Heroic Dose"

For more than 290 professional photos of P. cubensis from around the world check out this page here.

http://mushroomjohn....becubensis1.htm

It also includes cubes from 2 separate trips to Thailand in 2005 one in May-August and the 2nd in August-September see
and shrooms picked and in the process of drying and bluing in P. cubensis and a ten page pictorial of wild cubes, all enlarge to 7 1/2 inches in height

mjshroomer

#18 Guest_cleanjar_*

Guest_cleanjar_*

Posted 07 September 2009 - 12:45 AM

Mj i do not visit your site. All i know of your site is a place used to highlight your latest nonsensical bone to pick. That is not professional, it's just abusive. Today I returned your self published magic mushroom book to you in the mail, the one we traded, that you autographed "In Symbiosis". I can't have the book in my house. Ya lost me man, too much psychological destruction thrown around, and i have no clue on Earth why i was one of your targets.

#19 mjshroomer

mjshroomer

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 2,214 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 September 2009 - 09:04 AM

Mj i do not visit your site. All i know of your site is a place used to highlight your latest nonsensical bone to pick. That is not professional, it's just abusive. Today I returned your self published magic mushroom book to you in the mail, the one we traded, that you autographed "In Symbiosis". I can't have the book in my house. Ya lost me man, too much psychological destruction thrown around, and i have no clue on Earth why i was one of your targets.

There are more then 50 profession papers published in pretigeous scientific and academic journal article publications at my site (25 of which I wrote), four complete books on the history of magic shrooms, a field guide and more than 4,000 photographs of over 60 species are described.

There is nothing nonsensical about scholarly work, something you will never achieve.

Your lies to me about an email to shroom wizard is unfounded and untrue, and you know why I have not approved you as a friend on this site which is my right here as a member so you attack me in a post.

Don't worry, I will have the book returned to sender when it arrives. I cannot stand liars.

And quit sending me pm messages to be my friend. I turned you off before because of creepy emails and pm messages from you and then let you back in because I thought you had straightened out your problems and then you continue to attack me both privately and in public.

So for this site and its members who love to learn about these mushrooms without undue comments, here are 5 images of some cool cubes for the site.

http://mycotopia.net...=1&d=1252333240

http://mycotopia.net...=1&d=1252333240

http://mycotopia.net...=1&d=1252333504

http://mycotopia.net...=1&d=1252335064

By the way, my site gets over 600,000 hits a month. So one person not going there has no meaning except that person will never learn what these mushrooms are really about.

mjshroomer

Attached Thumbnails

• cu6.jpg
  • cu5.jpg
  • cu4.jpg
  • cu2.jpg
  • cu3.jpg
  • cu1.jpg

#20 Guest_cleanjar_*

Guest_cleanjar_*

Posted 09 September 2009 - 11:26 PM

Dude you never found Florida cubes.

You killed snakes at pastures in Florida, damaging nature.
Your pics at this post are not of Florida mushrooms, because you have none.
You are not even cool enough to speak of the Wizard.
Your book was mailed back to you, in a garbage can.
Your links to scientific publications are just a collection of them.
Your posts lately are about murdered raccoons and killing things.
You have caused me psychological damage online, on purpose.
You are not a trusting source nor a doctor, you are scary.

Even I who has had a incomprehensible amount of turmoil in life can not add up a understanding for the amount of crappiness you have shit out.

Do not impose hurt upon anonymous shroomers online, or in real life, it is cowardice, Mj

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: central, cubensis, florida, north, photographs, southwest, wild

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!