Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Wonder what it REALLY was??? Oldtimers Quiz...

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 catdaddy

catdaddy

herding kittens

• Expired Member
  • 2,321 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 08:12 PM

I hope this is the correct forum for this...

I was just wondering about a drug that was available when I was young, about 1978- quite a lot of it around, one summer. It was a pink hard tablet, with distinct purple flecks, about 3/16" in diameter, and about 1/16" thick. Hard to describe the high after all these years, but the rumor was that someone who got busted with some said the analysis was PCP and Mescaline. Dunno.

What I DO know is this... Myself and several other young punks got pulled over at a gas station. We had just cleaned a few lbs of Mexibrick, and the stems were in a bag in the trunk. That's not what made it get interesting, though. What none of us knew at the time was that one of us was on probation, and had a GUN IN HIS PANTS.....

SOOOOO, when I saw the handcuffs being installed, I reached between my young balls and removed 13 hits of this stuff... and ATE them as quick as I could...

I spent the night in Solitary at the county jail, watching the walls breathe.. in and out, in and out.... More than that I do not remember. Barely remember my Dad coming to bail me out... no charges as the gun-bearer copped to everything.. he knew his ass was grass for carrying a gun, so WTF? I was never charged.

Anyway- anybody ever seen this stuff before? Just wondering what it REALLY was...

Catdaddy

#2 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 08:25 PM

i'd guess maybe MDA .

#3 bear

bear

Silly Animal

• Expired Member
  • 984 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 08:29 PM

Let me see if I can find my old pill archive..

#4 Ras Asad

Ras Asad

Amor vincit omnia

• Expired Member
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:21 PM

interesting lil story..I like the way you put things to :lol:
nice!
does sound like MDA tho...

#5 Nzo

Nzo

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 421 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:24 PM

maybe MDMA, dunno what MDA is but maybe.
15 is allot though, sounds like a near dose OD.
my guess is Lsd. :puke:

#6 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:25 PM

yer not oldtimer enough then, nzo.
mda came first.
mdma was much later.

#7 Nzo

Nzo

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 421 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:27 PM

mda came first.
mdma was much later.

glad im not yet lol. sorry i dont know too much info about
those drugs. err..so I'd go with h3's guess
i guess you might never know cat
crazy eh?

#8 Bigjohnny91

Bigjohnny91

Big Pun

• Expired Member
  • 291 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 11:30 PM

Wow Catdaddy. taking 15 tablets of an unknown pill is fuckin ballsy brother :bow:. I cant take anything wothout doin a least a lil bit of research on it. Its sometimes a mystery when taking some of these drugs these days. But I would imagine back in your hayday the drugs wernt so "Severe" as they are now.

#9 wildburr

wildburr

Wildest of Burrs

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,657 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2008 - 12:02 AM

almost sounds like the old Tab THC

#10 warriorsoul

warriorsoul

Retired Moderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,802 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2008 - 01:19 AM

THC tab was really PCP.

#11 mjshroomer

mjshroomer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,621 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2008 - 02:21 AM

I hope this is the correct forum for this...

I was just wondering about a drug that was available when I was young, about 1978- quite a lot of it around, one summer. It was a pink hard tablet, with distinct purple flecks, about 3/16" in diameter, and about 1/16" thick.

Catdaddy

The pink flat tabs with flecks in them was DON (STP). They were 20 milligram tablets which was actually four doses and many people ended up in the Haight-Ashbury clinic on Haight and Masonic near the Grog Shoppe.

I was a volunteer there for a few months on and off, Even Andy Weil worked there for awhile with David (Smith). It was David Smith who started the journal of psychedelic drugs which later became the Journal of Psychoactive Drugs.

And 13 doses of MDA would have killed you since that would have been 1300 milligrams and the dose is 125 milligrams.

MDA tablets were a size as big in diameter as a dime and three times thick,. They were made by Owlsely and were one gram tablets (1,000 mg) tabs which were 8 hits to the tab.

There was also a dealer name Roger Ramjet who had a van parked daily in front of the Print Mint with a sign in front of his van saying THC Information inside. He sold capsules of it. A famous San Francisco Poster at the time which featured the Jefferson Airplane on it and some other singers, had a drawing of Roger Ramjet and his strange hat.

His capsules of alleged THC were later analyzed and turned out to be Ketamine. Which is why he was never busted for selling on the street as many others were.

mjshroomer
  • Sidestreet likes this

#12 mjshroomer

mjshroomer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,621 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2008 - 02:31 AM

mda came first.
mdma was much later.

Hippie is correct. MDA came first, synthsized from amphetamine and then four years later MMDA. They were made in the early 1900s nu Georges Alles as food surpressents.

In t he late 1960s and early 1970s, outside of the Owsley 1 gram tablets of MDA, by 1970, 99% of all MDA was in a hydrochloric form, crystals and rosettes. Never in tabs.

There were Black double dome tablets of 200 milligrams of mescaline and also chocolate chip mescaline and football shaped tabs of 250 milligrams of mescaline, also from Owsley.

mjshroomer

In the late 1960s, Claudio Naranjo wrote of MDA and MMDA in clinical therapeutic analysis, before the 1980s. he was the only one using this in therapy.

Then in the late 19790s and early 1980s, MDMA (ADAM) became popular and so did MEM (Eve).

People wanted to call it Empathy, but that word, which the drugs invoke and imbue in humans, is not salable so it was called Ecstacy. Which name does sell,.

#13 mjshroomer

mjshroomer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,621 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2008 - 02:35 AM

Wow Catdaddy. taking 15 tablets of an unknown pill is fuckin ballsy brother :bow:. I cant take anything wothout doin a least a lil bit of research on it. Its sometimes a mystery when taking some of these drugs these days. But I would imagine back in your hayday the drugs wernt so "Severe" as they are now.

Albert Hofmann once told me that you could take one hit of acid or 1,000 hits. It will not kill you but you might never be the same. You can only get so high and then you lay down and do not get up until the pills have worn off.

People with tolerance eat ten or more tabs for a high that could get ten people high,. That is also common with shrooms.

In the late 1960s, 1 or 100 hits of acid would get you from one to two years in prison for a first offense. Now they charge you by weight.

I have met people in Oregon who had eaten several sheets when busted.

mjshroomer

#14 Nzo

Nzo

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 421 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 02:45 AM

man mj, all your posts are so interesting n full of knowledge

crazy, i'd never take 100 or 1,000 tabs, or even 60. too scary.
dont wanna end up like syd barrette.
omg several sheets? that must have been so miserable for them :puke:

#15 catdaddy

catdaddy

herding kittens

• Expired Member
  • 2,321 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 07:16 AM

The pink flat tabs with flecks in them was DON (STP). They were 20 milligram tablets which was actually four doses and many people ended up in the Haight-Ashbury clinic on Haight and Masonic near the Grog Shoppe.

I was a volunteer there for a few months on and off, Even Andy Weil worked there for awhile with David (Smith). It was David Smith who started the journal of psychedelic drugs which later became the Journal of Psychoactive Drugs.

And 13 doses of MDA would have killed you since that would have been 1300 milligrams and the dose is 125 milligrams.

MDA tablets were a size as big in diameter as a dime and three times thick,. They were made by Owlsely and were one gram tablets (1,000 mg) tabs which were 8 hits to the tab.

There was also a dealer name Roger Ramjet who had a van parked daily in front of the Print Mint with a sign in front of his van saying THC Information inside. He sold capsules of it. A famous San Francisco Poster at the time which featured the Jefferson Airplane on it and some other singers, had a drawing of Roger Ramjet and his strange hat.

His capsules of alleged THC were later analyzed and turned out to be Ketamine. Which is why he was never busted for selling on the street as many others were.

mjshroomer

Thanks MJ,

Makes sense now. It didn't kill me, but it was a completely lost in space trip for a long time. I guess I should be thankful that I don't remember a great deal, and didn't go apeshit and end up hospitalized in a psych ward.

And now, the "dimes" of MDA out about the same time, makes sense, too. Seems like when I got them, they were always broken or incompletely crushed.

I gotta admit that I wasn't being ballsy to eat them all, just scared to death of being busted with them. Really not thinking, and I guess that's why lots of kids DO OD- lack of rational thought about the consequences of the decision to use potent chemicals for recreation.

Peace

Catdaddy

#16 warriorsoul

warriorsoul

Retired Moderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,802 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2008 - 10:03 AM

If it was DOM it would have had a bitter taste
It takes an hour or more to kick in
and can last 14-20 hours.

original doses of 20mg in th late 60's
latter dose are half that at most
3-5mg is a typical dose
there are some reports of people have really bad trips
on 30mg+ of DOM.

#17 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 10:08 AM

Hippie is correct.

:teeth:
i never tire of hearing that...
:lol:

#18 catdaddy

catdaddy

herding kittens

• Expired Member
  • 2,321 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 12:27 PM

If it was DOM it would have had a bitter taste
It takes an hour or more to kick in
and can last 14-20 hours.

original doses of 20mg in th late 60's
latter dose are half that at most
3-5mg is a typical dose
there are some reports of people have really bad trips
on 30mg+ of DOM.

Well, I never remember actually tasting it...the time frame for feeling it is right, and this was about 1976-78, so it was probably the lower dosage. I could eat two and still function fairly well.

As far as bad trips go, the HS band I was in went to an amusement park as a group. Myself and a few friends did some- I also gave one to my GF, generally a non-consumer of substances. She got a bit freaky and was chasing dressed-up characters around, at first laughing and then screaming at them.

We took her out to the bus for the remainder of the day. She did not enjoy the experience at all.

Catdaddy

#19 alounacara

alounacara

Picktish Texas Style...

• OG VIP
  • 2,781 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 January 2008 - 10:38 PM

I remember the chocolate mescaline, That was some good stuff

#20 mjshroomer

mjshroomer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,621 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 January 2008 - 04:04 PM

I remember the chocolate mescaline, That was some good stuff

|
YEah, I had the vitamin size chocolate tabs with specks in them and I had the cake flower chocolate mescaline powder between 67 and 74. AS well as the little white football shaped tabs.

That was good shit for the streets.

mjshroomer

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!