Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

What belief system do u follow - my first poll

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
58 replies to this topic

Poll: What belief system do mycotopiates follow (155 member(s) have cast votes)

What belief system do mycotopiates follow

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Phlux-

Phlux-

Psychonaut

• Expired Member
  • 531 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 06:55 AM

Just wondering what belief system most mycotopiates follow, as i was thinking this could be quite varied and interesting, i know this is a tricky poll to make because of how strongly ppl feel about their beliefs but ime sure we can keep it peacefull, please dont battle each other here :rasta:

#2 the jesus

the jesus

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 07:10 AM

I think it is unwise to lock yourself into labels when it comes to your personal belief system. I have yet to find any one category where I fully believe every single doctrine. Best to learn them all and take what you can from each one while forming your own system based on what you believe, not someone elses dogma.

#3 Phlux-

Phlux-

Psychonaut

• Expired Member
  • 531 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 07:19 AM

yeah i agree - hence the last option "my own one"

#4 mrpanda

mrpanda

It is big and I am clever

• Expired Member
  • 724 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 07:20 AM

Atheist, because nothing I have seen has made me change my mind yet. The idea of taking all the good points of other religions and philosophies is a nice one. There are good lessons contained in most of them.

#5 camMyco

camMyco

Modified Honey

• OG VIP
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 07:36 AM

I think it is unwise to lock yourself into labels when it comes to your personal belief system. I have yet to find any one category where I fully believe every single doctrine. Best to learn them all and take what you can from each one while forming your own system based on what you believe, not someone elses dogma.

Well said. Follow your heart and learn. :bow:

#6 prism

prism

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 5,943 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2008 - 09:17 AM

I put athiest, but I think I am more agnostic. I am open to the possibility, but haven't been moved to go towards any type of "church"

#7 kocos

kocos

The PsYhead

• Expired Member
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 09:19 AM

Yepp athiest here too, i beleive what i see.

#8 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 01:05 PM

ever seen your brain ?

#9 Dimitrius

Dimitrius

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 390 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 02:37 PM

I follow what feels right. Simple enough.

#10 Seee

Seee

Corn Commander

• Expired Member
  • 351 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 03:13 PM

Atheism is just flattering to theists;
Without theists, you wouldn't have atheist
pretty boring power struggle

And im all for having no beliefs
of course, then i cant believe i'm open minded
tricky tricky world!

#11 synesthesia

synesthesia

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 06:58 PM

what? no mormons, muslims, or any of the other 100 + forms of christianity? then again, i don't see pentacostles as being a big shroom eatin' group of people. what about that sect in the south that handle rattle snakes and drink stricnine? bet that's a trip...

but yeah, back in the day i did the confirmation thing. i'm what we call non-practicing now. i believe any doctrine from any religion requires compromise, self-sacrifice, and perserverence. no religion lends itself easily. so i too disagree with some key beliefs of catholisism. that's not why i don't attend.

Incidentally, more blood has been spilled and unnatural deaths can be attributed to religious differences than disease, natural disaster, holocaust, catostrophic event, and political war.

i'm afraid, anymore, that there's little more than endoctrination to be gained, in most cases, rather than spiritual journey. the experience has certainly changed.

#12 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 07:01 PM

Incidentally, more blood has been spilled and unnatural deaths can be attributed to religious differences than disease, natural disaster, holocaust, catostrophic event, and political war.

no one has any idea how many have died,
your 'stat' is just made-up

#13 bugs

bugs

Are we having fun yet?

• OG VIP
  • 3,252 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2008 - 07:12 PM

I was brought up Methodist and still have a modest Christian leaning, but certainly not traditional. Maybe even closer to agnostic. Definitely a deep appreciation, if not deep understanding, of Buddhism.

The major religions seem to have a core consensus of what constitutes good behavior. Tolerance, charity, prayer/meditation etc.

#14 Phlux-

Phlux-

Psychonaut

• Expired Member
  • 531 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 05:36 AM

hey ime happy this poll kept peacefull
didnt think id add muslim etc... drux are haraam so no need - if ppl are islamic then they could state in their post and just tick other.
nice to hear all of ure views
the results came out to kinda what i would have thought.
Personally i think it is the plan to draw things from various belief systems - and mainly to question/test everything and not beleve blindly. the truth will stand up to any amount of probing.
Thank u all for your input.
Peace

#15 little white rabbit

little white rabbit

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 278 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 06:02 AM

there are loads of islamic people doing drugs. drugs are in every culture.

would be the same imo if you would say because sex before marriage is "forbidden" for catholics there can't be real catholics which had sex with more than one woman. :mistrust:

in my home country we have many problems with racism and here many of the foreigners are muslims and some of my friends are too. most of them live like all the other citizens, working, not committing any crimes etc. and i just hate it to see when people treat them like if they were aliens. :puke:
  • MycoDani likes this

#16 synesthesia

synesthesia

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 06:13 AM

no one has any idea how many have died,
your 'stat' is just made-up

it came to me as an epiphany. :eusa_shif

#17 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 January 2008 - 09:11 AM

i was brought up in religion. but i don't believe in it.

what has caused more death and trouble in the world since the worlds existence besides natural processes and disasters?

i guess you could say atheist but i don't really preach that. and i believe there is something higher out there, i just don't know what, lets say the universe. i believe in that..lol

#18 peek-a-boo

peek-a-boo

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 145 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 09:50 AM

i'm thinking that terrence mckennas "Archaic Revival" would be a good philosophical idea that could work for a pleasant future.
it centers on ego dissolution,through regular mushroom festivals, so that the dominator mind set is pushed aside and along with it ownership, real estate, materialism, wars, etc...
"a future that looks more like the past than the future"

#19 Ras Asad

Ras Asad

Amor vincit omnia

• Expired Member
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 09:56 AM

theJesus, bro.... perfect man :bow:

I believe not to believe in a belief system
the moment you take up a beliefe system, is the moment you start ruling other things out. which leaves no room for change or growth.
perhaps that is a beilieve system all its own..
lol
I think maybe it was Robert Anton Wilson who said it.. but I think another said it before him...
"I believe nothing"
lol

I have studies for years, different religions.. Buddhist, Islam, Christian, Sufi, Hindu, RastafarI....
like the jesus said.. taking the parts that make sense to me in each, and putting them together.. but anymore...well... Ive seen that.. thats not where its at for me. I see each one as its own set of chains, really. There is much more to everything than any of that.. I feel each was created to keep us from reaching our true potential, each one of them its own wall...once you see over the wall... then its easy to tear it down...or to pull the blanket off of what really is..
I feel that we are each taught, or programmed to believe that there is nothing more than what we see everyday...
and programs can be rewritten..
but really... All of these religons, make everyone under them lead lives that, in the end.. were pretty meaningless.. not saying ppls lives are meaningless.. but the way we have been taught and programmed to lead them are.. like we are told that we are born, we live, eat sleep crap and die...
and that we are here simply by an accident or miracle of nature...
and not to question this, for there is no answer... just klive, then die.. thats your purpose......
well.....I cant do it. nor will I. ;lol
Nice poll phlux, :bow:

#20 Ras Asad

Ras Asad

Amor vincit omnia

• Expired Member
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 10:19 AM

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!